PDA

View Full Version : Who's got LMT's

idk
10-01-2008, 3:15 PM
Who here in Ca. has LMT lowers for sale.
Roger

shooterdave
10-01-2008, 3:32 PM
i i know CWS has complete rifles. they probably do have lowers. do you mean complete lowers or stripped lowers?

idk
10-01-2008, 3:45 PM
A buddy of mine is looking for one, they usually dont come stripped. I've tried to call the Ca. store and all I get is a busy signal.
Roger

fr0ng
10-01-2008, 4:24 PM
I got mine from ColdWarShooters. They don't sell stripped LMT lowers..you have to buy it as a complete lower.

X-NewYawker
10-01-2008, 4:33 PM
Tim at Fort Courage in Simi ordered mine.

THEDIESELMAN
10-01-2008, 8:22 PM
Yawker how long did you have to wait for it to get in I had a shop
say 6-8 weeks on Monday.

X-NewYawker
10-01-2008, 8:46 PM
One month

H2H
10-01-2008, 9:00 PM
got mine from J&J back in June

THEDIESELMAN
10-01-2008, 9:07 PM
I think I read J&J doesnt deal with LMT anymore.
CWS has them but there prices seem really high compaired to other places.

thmpr
10-01-2008, 9:31 PM
Chris at Lan World Inc. can get it for you.

idk
10-02-2008, 5:25 PM
I got ahold of CWS and they have them but WOW they are very proud of them I think a little to proud.
Roger

THEDIESELMAN
10-02-2008, 6:33 PM
Yeah 599 for a complete lower with sopmod and 2 stage trigger that's about 90 dollars over most places.

X-NewYawker
10-02-2008, 6:51 PM
Yeah 599 for a complete lower with sopmod and 2 stage trigger that's about 90 dollars over most places.

Just a note:.

X-NewYawker
10-02-2008, 6:54 PM

Just a note, because I am preparing a piece on these rifles for my magazine, but these LMT guns are made in Illinois with their actual milspec parts, in 5.56mm with 1:7 chrome lined barrels that are machine gun rated, and even the SOPMOD buttstock is made by them. No offense to other manufacturers, but this is a real hard core milspec lower, with a visible difference in quality over some of the mass produced lowers I've seen recently, and that price difference for that level of execution doesn't seem like much.

Many of the lowers with other company's logos on them are made by LMT, and the even make the M209 that Colt sells to the government and Police.

fr0ng
10-02-2008, 6:54 PM
Since we're on the subject of LMT's..does anyone know where I can download a PDF of the LMT MRP carbine user manual?

X-NewYawker
10-02-2008, 6:56 PM
Since we're on the subject of LMT's..does anyone know where I can download a PDF of the LMT MRP carbine user manual?

http://www.lewismachine.net/media/MRPBarrelInstructionManual.pdf

aplinker
10-02-2008, 7:11 PM
Just a note, because I am preparing a piece on these rifles for my magazine, but these LMT guns are made in Illinois with their actual milspec parts, in 5.56mm with 1:7 chrome lined barrels that are machine gun rated, and even the SOPMOD buttstock is made by them. No offense to other manufacturers, but this is a real hard core milspec lower, with a visible difference in quality over some of the mass produced lowers I've seen recently, and that price difference for that level of execution doesn't seem like much.

Many of the lowers with other company's logos on them are made by LMT, and the even make the M209 that Colt sells to the government and Police.

He meant meant CWS' prices are over others for the LMT complete, I believe.

The reason I recommended it to you and others is that, for the price, it's an excellent package deal. If you built that lower using similar internal parts that aren't quite as nice (say, RRA) you'd be spending $500. You get LMT to build it, their 2-stage trigger and their LPK (all of which I'd consider upgrades) and a LMT logo - for essentially free. I'd say that's a win.

X-NewYawker
10-02-2008, 7:13 PM
I guess also CWS will install a BB for you so you can take delivery. Maybe they are charging for that service?

aplinker
10-02-2008, 7:19 PM
I guess also CWS will install a BB for you so you can take delivery. Maybe they are charging for that service?

CWS has everything, but their prices aren't exactly tops. They're very competitive on some, a lot more on others.

I don't know if it includes the installation of a BB, but that's the price listed on the web - where they sell everywhere. My guess is a BB would cost more, but installation would be free.

Hector & Crew are more than capable of taking care of anything. My guess is they're doing it free - he might even stroll by here.

rorschach
10-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Anybody know if the LE Marked LMT's are available??

40caldeserteagle
10-03-2008, 5:15 AM
Anybody know if the LE Marked LMT's are available??

I thought they ONLY made LE marked lowers. I could be wrong though.

David F.

gunshack
10-03-2008, 7:37 AM
LMT lowers are not always marked LE, that's an option you can ask for.

I understand where CWS is coming from with their price on the complete lower. LMT doesn't leave much for the vendor with the difference between wholesale and MSRP. A guy could go broke right quick with such a meager markup.

There is a way to get a stripped LMT lower, it just won't be labeled LMT...

Whiskey_Sauer
10-03-2008, 8:41 AM

What other places are you talking about? I assume the "other places" are national (not just California), where a complete lower would have to include a mag lock?

Whiskey_Sauer
10-03-2008, 8:43 AM
CWS has everything, but their prices aren't exactly tops. They're very competitive on some, a lot more on others.

I don't know if it includes the installation of a BB, but that's the price listed on the web - where they sell everywhere. My guess is a BB would cost more, but installation would be free.

It would have to, wouldn't it? They could not sell a complete lower (i.e., pistol grip, collapsible stock) without a mag lock installed, correct?

Whiskey_Sauer
10-03-2008, 8:54 AM
There is a way to get a stripped LMT lower, it just won't be labeled LMT...

Here is a link to the list of who makes the lowers. Some assert that it is outdated, however:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8681063131?r=6491063131#6491063131

I have an off-list DS Arms (LMT manufactured) lower with an LMT upper.

Edit: here's an internal thread, from a few years ago: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=30832

idk
10-03-2008, 10:18 AM

I was quoted that w/o the two stage trigger thats when I gagged.
Roger

Whiskey_Sauer
10-03-2008, 11:22 AM

XNY, make sure you post a link to your article once it's written.

THEDIESELMAN
10-03-2008, 12:31 PM
most other places want 510 dollars and that is a quote from a shop about an hour away but its going to take 6-8 weeks guess I'll wait and save some money.

Whiskey_Sauer
10-03-2008, 12:40 PM
most other places want 510 dollars and that is a quote from a shop about an hour away but its going to take 6-8 weeks guess I'll wait and save some money.

So let me understand: $510 for an LMT complete lower, SOPMOD stock, 2-stage trigger, w/ Bullet Button or Prince 50 lock? That's actually not bad, and worth the wait if you have that kind of $.

X-NewYawker
10-03-2008, 2:12 PM
MSRP on lower with SOPMOD stock 2 stage trigger -- $511 -- Black or TAN!!!!

aplinker
10-03-2008, 2:18 PM
It would have to, wouldn't it? They could not sell a complete lower (i.e., pistol grip, collapsible stock) without a mag lock installed, correct?

No, they would not be required to do so. A complete lower isn't a rifle, and doesn't fall under any of the definitions of an AW.

Some stores have tolerances that make them force customers to include a BB.

idk
10-03-2008, 2:35 PM
MSRP on lower with SOPMOD stock 2 stage trigger -- $511 -- Black or TAN!!!!
Correct and key word MSRP I've seen a little less and a little more but the other prices that have been mentioned in this thread are crazy. I belive people are in buisness to make money not retire off every sale.

idk
10-03-2008, 2:40 PM

Most people that ask for LMT know the history and the quality of there products thats why they ask for them.

THEDIESELMAN
10-03-2008, 3:07 PM
So let me understand: $510 for an LMT complete lower, SOPMOD stock, 2-stage trigger, w/ Bullet Button or Prince 50 lock? That's actually not bad, and worth the wait if you have that kind of $.

Yep all that included but I have to wait so I will not that big of a deal.

Paratus et Vigilans
10-03-2008, 3:14 PM
I read threads like this one and just have to shake my head. :(

I'm no fan of wasting money, but on the other hand, do you know why we have so few brick and mortar EBR-friendly gun stores in California? It's not just because of FUD from the CA DOJ BOF.

If you squeeze every last penny out of a deal, the gun store makes no profit, and eventually goes away.

I try to give all my EBR business to folks like Wes at Ten Percent and Hector & Michelle at Cold War Shooters because they're here, they're open for business, and they're putting their ***** on the line for us, making it possible for us to get the things we love to shoot. Don't they deserve some profit for crying out loud??

And no, I'm not a shill for TPF or CWS, just a very happy customer. :)

So get over to CWS and buy a LMT lower from them, if that's what you're hot to own. When you're using it to send rounds down range, I don't think you're going to be thinking, "I could have got this cheaper. . . . "

X-NewYawker
10-03-2008, 4:09 PM
Also, the LMT CQB MRP is NOT like any other upper, it has the capability to take user-swappable barrels in 6.8 SPC and 204 Ruger.

aplinker
10-03-2008, 8:36 PM
I read threads like this one and just have to shake my head. :(

I'm no fan of wasting money, but on the other hand, do you know why we have so few brick and mortar EBR-friendly gun stores in California? It's not just because of FUD from the CA DOJ BOF.

If you squeeze every last penny out of a deal, the gun store makes no profit, and eventually goes away.

I try to give all my EBR business to folks like Wes at Ten Percent and Hector & Michelle at Cold War Shooters because they're here, they're open for business, and they're putting their ***** on the line for us, making it possible for us to get the things we love to shoot. Don't they deserve some profit for crying out loud??

And no, I'm not a shill for TPF or CWS, just a very happy customer. :)

So get over to CWS and buy a LMT lower from them, if that's what you're hot to own. When you're using it to send rounds down range, I don't think you're going to be thinking, "I could have got this cheaper. . . . "

I agree it's very important and well worthwhile to support local FFLs, but I also would suggest they must be competitive.

Also, the LMT CQB MRP is NOT like any other upper, it has the capability to take user-swappable barrels in 6.8 SPC and 204 Ruger.

Yes, but that also means it can only use LMT made barrels. It makes it somewhat limited - though LMT does make excellent barrels in the profiles/calibers they sell.

Variety and choice is a good thing...