PDA

View Full Version : AK pro-mags?

TZL
10-01-2008, 2:13 PM
Do AK pro-mags suck? i picked up a bunch of 10/10 and 10/30 pro-mags at the cow palace gun show and not a single one fit my WASR

On some of them, i just had to file the back plastic tab a bit, on a couple I have to seriously file down the tab and notch in the front to even get them to stay and keep secured.

Anyone else have this problem?

bigthaiboy
10-01-2008, 2:33 PM
I've always had good luck with ProMag AK mags, both 10rds and 10/30s, on both my AK and RPK. No filing, just insert the mag, rack the slide and go. More to do with the mag well / mag release on your WASR-10 by more likely?

Check those 10rd ProMags. Most of them are 11 rounders. Very common.
11rd mag = hi-cap magazine. Insert 11rd mag in a fixed magazine AK = AW.

weezil_boi
10-01-2008, 3:16 PM
Hmmmm, I could see if you had a prblem with one or two out of a big stack. But "a bunch"? Try some other mags, if they fit fine... Id consider it your mag well.

TZL
10-01-2008, 4:31 PM
All the standard steel / metal AK surplus type mags fit my WASR just fine, i'm only have this problem with the polymer pro-mags

I think my mag release is on the tight side since my mags don't even move or wobble a little then inserted, so i might just try to take a bit of metal off the release itself to get the pro-mags to fit looser.

TZL
10-01-2008, 4:31 PM
thanks for the tip, i'll have to test load them tonight

I've always had good luck with ProMag AK mags, both 10rds and 10/30s, on both my AK and RPK. No filing, just insert the mag, rack the slide and go. More to do with the mag well / mag release on your WASR-10 by more likely?

thedrickel
10-01-2008, 10:37 PM

+1 . . . I wouldn't buy any promag 10/10 mags, I've seen a few and they all held 11rd.

TZL
10-03-2008, 2:08 PM
good news and bad news....

good news...out of 4 10/10 pro-mags they all hold 10 rounds only, can't jam the 11th round in no matter what I do

bad news....2 of the 4 10/10 promags won't feed the last round....I end up with an un-intentional bolt hold open...lol annoying, looks like i need to see if something is catching....any ideas?

the two 10/30 promags work fine now that i got rid of some plastic