View Full Version : Hog hunt in Earthquake Capital Of The World

09-30-2008, 6:08 PM
This was a hog hunt at RNJ Wild Hog Hunts near Parkfield CA Sept 26-27 2008 with Rick (Westy), Eric (cahntr) and his dad Jim. Eric bought the pig hunt for his dad as a birthday present. How cool is that?

Temps were in the mids 90s which made for late evening and early morning hunts. We spotted a big boar Friday night but he got over a ridge before we could cut him off. Saturday after a morning hunt and siesta the other 3 and Randy the guide took off without their cameraman to check a close waterhole. They ran into a good group of hogs and ended up with 2 meat sows weighing about 140 lbs each.

Oh well, Rick got his new nickname "Dryfire" out of the debacle of him trying to kill a pig, AGAIN. It may have been a good thing the cameraman wasn't there to document his misses, scope on 10x for a 40 yard shot, dryfires, short stroking of rounds etc. The group said Rick was shaking like a hound passing a peach pit trying to hammer that pig. The Rookie Jim did just fine though.

Sunday we hit the world famous Parkfield Cafe in Parkfield CA for a tasty tri-tip sandwich lunch. Parkfield is the Earthquake Capital Of The World. "Be Here When It Happens!" is their motto. Well, we were there and it didn't happen. They also have a huge sign inside that says "If you feel a shake or quake, get under your table and eat your steak."

Camcorder was a Canon GL-2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/327jiPjoTXA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/327jiPjoTXA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

09-30-2008, 6:32 PM
Thanks for sharing Jesse. looks like some good eating too.
BTW, my boys and I will be leaving for our Elk/Deer hunt in CO. on the 30th. I'll be taking the camcorder, hopefully I'll have some good footage to share.

10-01-2008, 11:39 AM
very cool.....

10-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Very nice. I hope to be doing something similar soon.