PDA

View Full Version : B-15: Why did I wait so long?

calAWBsux
09-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Just installed a B15 mag lock on my rifle and my buddy's rifle. We were using the Prince 50 kit, but this is so much better. It's freaking great to have the capacity to take it off with no hassle when we go to Neveda. This is the best thing out there.

stphnman20
09-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Congrats!

Now for pics!!!!!

fr0ng
09-30-2008, 1:17 PM
Got mine in the mail the other day..still need to put it on.

joemama
09-30-2008, 1:22 PM
does the b-15 only work with the prince 50 or can you use it with the bullet button as well?

Josh3239
09-30-2008, 1:23 PM
B15 is essentially a bullet button prince 50 combo. But I believe the parts it uses include only the prince 50 as opposed to the bullet button.

muntz
09-30-2008, 1:37 PM
Do any of you tighten the set screw all the way down during transport? I love the B15 I'm just afraid of LEO mix-ups in this state and having the ability screw it down all the way to make it completely non-detachable is an added bonus for me.

Toolbox X
09-30-2008, 3:04 PM
I'm glad you guys like your B-15's so much. I put a lot of time, money and effort into designing and making that little guy.

aplinker
09-30-2008, 3:07 PM
If you're building a fixed mag rifle, it's the one to get. Hands down.

It is a bullet button. I don't understand the Prince50 vs. BB question.

AdamM
09-30-2008, 3:09 PM
Just installed a B15 mag lock on my rifle and my buddy's rifle. We were using the Prince 50 kit, but this is so much better. It's freaking great to have the capacity to take it off with no hassle when we go to Neveda. This is the best thing out there.

Same reason I bought mine! Im going to Nevada next week to go shooting and I'm so excited to be able to use my Mag Release the way it was meant to be used.

Love my B-15 though :)

joemama
09-30-2008, 5:54 PM
well I thought the prince 50 meant you have to break the gun in half to load the mag. While the bullet button you can just use a bullet to push the mag release and pop it out like you would with your finger. Thats why I was wondering if the b15 would work with a bullet button cause i thought they were setup differently. I went with the monster man grip so I didnt really look into the prince 50 or bullet button. Though I'm starting to wonder if I should have gotten a bullet button lol.

aplinker
09-30-2008, 7:11 PM
well I thought the prince 50 meant you have to break the gun in half to load the mag. While the bullet button you can just use a bullet to push the mag release and pop it out like you would with your finger. Thats why I was wondering if the b15 would work with a bullet button cause i thought they were setup differently. I went with the monster man grip so I didnt really look into the prince 50 or bullet button. Though I'm starting to wonder if I should have gotten a bullet button lol.

From your perspective you should ignore the fact that the B-15 uses a Prince50 mag release button.

The B15 is a bullet button and functions as such - you use a tool to detach the mag.

The Prince50 can NEVER be used with a loosened set screw and would require top loading.

jojo760
10-07-2008, 2:33 PM
From what I've read the B-15 is in two parts. The lower portion is the Prince 50 button and the upper portion is something that screws into it and covers the button. If the set screw is not installed on the prince 50, the upper portion allows you to use a tool to depress the button releasing the magazine. Is that about correct? If I already have a Prince 50 installed, can I buy the B-15 and install the upper portion on top of the Prince 50; or does it necessitate a removal of the original Prince 50 completely to install it properly?

Full Clip
10-07-2008, 2:39 PM
I replaced my old BB with a B-15.
Biggest no-brainer in the history of mankind.

aplinker
10-07-2008, 2:41 PM
From what I've read the B-15 is in two parts. The lower portion is the Prince 50 button and the upper portion is something that screws into it and covers the button. If the set screw is not installed on the prince 50, the upper portion allows you to use a tool to depress the button releasing the magazine. Is that about correct? If I already have a Prince 50 installed, can I buy the B-15 and install the upper portion on top of the Prince 50; or does it necessitate a removal of the original Prince 50 completely to install it properly?

You would need to separate the upper receiver from the lower before doing the following (to keep from inadvertantly creating an AW):

1.) back out the set screw from the mag release button
2.) put spring/cage/screw for B-15 onto your mag release button

:) that's it. You'd now have a spare Prince50 kit.

UBFRAGD
10-08-2008, 4:39 PM
Like my b-15 a lot. Will use it on future builds. I crushed the spring that came with the kit and used a slightly beefier one from the local hardware store--C-526 (3/18x1x.028) cut to size, works great. Still a little unsure if I installed it correctly because the cover assembley is a bit loose on the receiver, not enough to bug me yet.

Vinz
10-08-2008, 5:27 PM
It will be backed off a bit.

When I install them I tighten them down about 2 turns from bottoming out. Then back it out till I can just release the mag with a tool tip. I then put a tiny daub of black RTV silicon to cover the allen bolt head hole. The RTV silicon will keep the allen from backing out and can easily be scraped out with a pick.

vinz