PDA

View Full Version : Is this AW diagram accurate + helpful?

Patriot
09-28-2008, 7:21 PM
I thought since Calguns gets a lot of PC 12276.1(a) questions related to mag locks, detachable mags, pistol grips etc., that a visual illustration might be helpful in explaining to noobs:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj251/cgpatriot/aw_diagram_03-1.jpg

:D

If someone else has already posted something along these lines, kudos/credit to them.

Please critique for accuracy, helpfulness.

P.S. - Yes, the two mini diagrams are partly redundant - kind of goes with the territory when it comes to valid logical propositions. However, I tried to match each mini-diagram with the context in which its version would be most helpful.

-Patriot

ohsmily
09-28-2008, 7:27 PM
The flow chart is far more useful. Also, you need to add on the "fixed mag" side, that if it is fixed and holds more than 10 rounds, it is an AW.

Patriot
09-28-2008, 7:39 PM
The flow chart is far more useful. Also, you need to add on the "fixed mag" side, that if it is fixed and holds more than 10 rounds, it is an AW.

Thank you for your critique.

This is not intended to compete with the flowchart which is indeed far more comprehensive and generally useful, but rather to provide a complementary, concise niche answer to the many posts inquiring about matters pertaining to 12276.1(a)(1) (I will amend its title to be more specific).

As such, it is only addressing one aspect of AW definition.

I will also amend it to reflect <10rd mags.

SJgunguy24
09-28-2008, 7:46 PM
Also I think it shoud be added that a bullet is considerd a tool when using a "Bullet Button". I've had somebody ask if they need to carry a screwdriver.

aplinker
09-28-2008, 8:12 PM
It's a bit confusing.

I would expect that, for someone who's new to the game, it would be even more so.

It leaves more questions of why. The flow chart provides PC and PC definitions.

I've never liked set diagrams with more than one condition per circle. I think if you did it with one condition per circle (detachable magazine, non-detachable magazine, features, uses legally possessed magazine over 10rds) and then did all of the intersections that way, it would be nicer. Complexity brings it closer to the flow chart.

Red is used twice

Patriot
09-28-2008, 8:21 PM
Fair enough.

I personally like diagrams/conditionals but it looks like the general preference is for flowcharts.

Thanks all for your input