PDA

View Full Version : is the fixable?

gil671
08-19-2016, 11:19 PM
I found someone selling this XDS. The new owner said the original owner uses the wrong pin on the safety. To me it looks like it was forced in there pretty bad. Is this even fixable? This is a pic that was texted to me.

LeadFarmer74
08-19-2016, 11:22 PM
Hard to say from that pic. If the price right maybe but if you send it Springfield for repair they might change the frame and it can't be drosed backed to you just FYI.

gil671
08-19-2016, 11:30 PM
Here is another pic through text

b.thomas
08-19-2016, 11:34 PM
fixable or not.......is it worth the time/money and effort to even try?
gotta be a nicer pistols out there with out a problem like that.........unless you can get it for really cheap??:confused:

gil671
08-19-2016, 11:36 PM
fixable or not.......is it worth the time/money and effort to even try?
gotta be a nicer pistols out there with out a problem like that.........unless you can get it for really cheap??:confused:
I'm thinking the same thing right now.

BennyAdeline
08-19-2016, 11:49 PM
I'm thinking the same thing right now.

Just pass dude. Value can make you accept problems you'll eventually hate.

gil671
08-19-2016, 11:55 PM
Just pass dude. Value can make you accept problems you'll eventually hate.
I am going to pass. I'll inform the seller in the AM.

BennyAdeline
08-19-2016, 11:58 PM
I am going to pass. I'll inform the seller in the AM.

Good work! We've all been in your spot. It's not easy to say "no thanks" to a deal, but strings attached burns you as soon as it's yours.

L84CABO
08-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Hard to say from that pic. If the price right maybe but if you send it Springfield for repair they might change the frame and it can't be drosed backed to you just FYI.

Shipping alone will be in the $100 range, assuming you overnight it appropriately with either Fedex or UPS (ie declare it, insure it, send it overnight priority, etc.). So make sure you factor that into your offer. And this doesn't include the price of a new frame and/or whatever labor is needed.

Oh...just read you're passing. Smart decision IMO. I know XDS's aren't on the roster. But patience should yield a much better option for you that hasn't been "Bubba'd." :)

Kmai24
08-20-2016, 10:46 AM
This is just me..if it was one hell of a deal I would of went for it (maybe $4-450..$500 would be pushing it). I would of filed down the pin so it was flush then threw some rubber grip/skateboard tape over it and called it a day. Again just me though