PDA

View Full Version : WPA 9mm ammo hard primers

Domingo
08-18-2016, 4:13 PM
I got about 300> of WPA ammo I got in trade, I have had FTFire(light primer strikes). in my glock 19 I can see the pin hitting the primer, I replaced the striker spring with glocks red striker spring, it's suppose to be stronger than the oem. I did the pencil test and it shot it up in the air about 2 feet.
has anyone else had this issue with WPA ammo and striker fire pistols. I get about 1 to 2 light primer strikes per magazine

gunprofit
08-18-2016, 5:45 PM
Yep, that Wolf ammo is some nasty stuff. More of a military type hard primer. I had some 7.62x39 Wolf ammo that had the same problem. Had to hit them a couple times to go bang.

Che762x39
08-18-2016, 6:41 PM
I got about 300> of WPA ammo I got in trade, I have had FTFire(light primer strikes). in my glock 19 I can see the pin hitting the primer, I replaced the striker spring with glocks red striker spring, it's suppose to be stronger than the oem. I did the pencil test and it shot it up in the air about 2 feet.
has anyone else had this issue with WPA ammo and striker fire pistols. I get about 1 to 2 light primer strikes per magazine

Most handguns that have a problem with 'hard' primers is due to poor quality trigger jobs. Did you have that problem before any work was done on your G19?

My G19 Gen 3 shoots everything. Now with Tula which is similar to WPA I get a occasional round that might not have the proper dose of powder but that is what happens when you buy Russian. :oji:

Domingo
08-18-2016, 7:02 PM
I bought the gun used, i replaced all the springs and the glock minus connector