PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE IN LOS ANGELES "SPRAYING CAMO" PAINT JOBS

HARLEY VATO
09-28-2008, 9:09 AM
I need a new friend. Someone that can spray some dope camo. urban camo, desert storm, digital, . anyone know any one. i want to blow camo on my m4 and 870 shotgun

technique
09-28-2008, 10:23 AM
What exactly do you mean? Rattle can? Duracoat? I'm not sure of his location but member Drawn is the duracoat man. You can always send it off to him.

Also when it comes to digital camo, that padded shelf liner works great. Just cut out the squares in the shapes you like, tape off the rest and spray.

Kestryll
09-28-2008, 10:29 AM
If you want camo on your rifle, Drawn is the man to see.
His company is Armory Airbrush, here is the link:
http://www.armoryairbrush.com/

aplinker
09-28-2008, 1:29 PM
Rattle can camo rubs off fast. Krylon ends up looking a mess in a few hard days.

DuraCoat will last a good, long time. Drawn does amazing work. His prep work is flawless, and his DuraCoat work is top-notch.

saki302
09-29-2008, 8:29 AM
Randy at R&D PRecision does Duracoat, but you'd have to email him to see if he is taking on any new paint work right now. He might- it doesn't take as long as rifle builds.

http://www.rdprecision.net/

HARLEY VATO
09-29-2008, 3:30 PM
thanks for the info. are there any threads already up on how to do it yourself, step by step with pics? i checked out armory airbrush. that is some clean work.

aplinker
09-29-2008, 4:10 PM
Chunger has a thread. You can search for it. There are others.

Timberwolf
09-29-2008, 4:17 PM
I have to disagree re Krylon - I painted my rifle's stock 2 years ago with Krylon rattle can and she still looks good. And she's no safe queen, hell my rifle gets out more than my wife does.

aplinker
09-29-2008, 4:24 PM
I have to disagree re Krylon - I painted my rifle's stock 2 years ago with Krylon rattle can and she still looks good. And she's no safe queen, hell my rifle gets out more than my wife does.

I should have added the caveat it depends on what the Krylon is applied to. It will do well on some plastics, but if you're going to paint a full firearm, you'll need something more durable - unless you like the weathered look (I do).

Krylon is very easy to touch up, though. If you're not picky about having a particular pattern, Krylon is great.