PDA

View Full Version : Umm ok??

SP1200
09-28-2008, 12:21 AM
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=183

"NOT FOR SALE TO CALIFORNIANS! This receiver is on California's assault weapon list; banned by Make and by Model - per CAL DOJ (the 1989 Roberti-Roos list and the updated 2000 list does not state "Eagle Arms". Eagle Arms, the company, did not exist. However, the DOJ insists it is ILLEGAL in California."

So is it on the list?
Actually listed?
Or not?

"This receiver is on California's assault weapon list; banned by Make and by Model"

then....

"(the 1989 Roberti-Roos list and the updated 2000 list does not state "Eagle Arms"."

???

So why cant they be sold in CA?
Isn't that underground regulations per DOJ?

Why doesn't CWS ask the DOJ to send it is writing that there illegal, so someone can file a law suit?

technique
09-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Eagle is on the list IIRC and I think I do.

DedEye
09-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Eagle Arms is on the list, as is Armalite.

Eagle Arms does not have the AR10 listed, but the Armalite AR10 is. The receiver says Armalite as well, so it's a safe bet that "Eagle Arms by Armalite" is not a wise purchase for a Californian looking to stay legal.

technique
09-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Well, according to the Kasler list, it states Eagle arms. But not that particular model.

technique
09-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Eagle Arms is on the list, as is Armalite.

Eagle Arms does not have the AR10 listed, but the Armalite AR10 is. The receiver says Armalite as well, so it's a safe bet that "Eagle Arms by Armalite" is not a wise purchase for a Californian looking to stay legal.

There you have it. I knew Eagle was a division of Armalite, but had no Idea it was stamped on the receiver.

DedEye
09-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, according to the Kasler list, it states Eagle arms. But not that particular model.

Yeah, but Armalite AR10 (all) IS listed, and the receiver says Armalite as well as Eagle Arms. I'd go for a Fulton or an Aircraft Armament .308 if you want an AR10 platform.

CALI-gula
09-28-2008, 12:43 AM
There you have it. I knew Eagle was a division of Armalite, but had no Idea it was stamped on the receiver.

Lots of history and discussion about this on Calguns from just about everyone that was on here early to mid 2006. Sales were attempted and DOJ/BOF did get "up in arms" about it. A minor search will likely bring up several dozen threads on this topic from about 2.5 years ago.

SP1200
09-28-2008, 12:49 AM

yep...I didn't notice that ether....
had to look at the pic..

So essentialy it is a listed Armalite AR-10!

technique
09-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Lots of history and discussion about this on Calguns from just about everyone that was on here early to mid 2006. Sales were attempted and DOJ/BOF did get "up in arms" about it. A minor search will likely bring up several dozen threads on this topic from about 2.5 years ago.

Yeah....but I own a Aircraft Armament. And I didn't ask the question.

SP1200
09-28-2008, 12:52 AM
yea. was just looking around at whats avaliable to you guys in cali...
Love the bay. hate the rules!

But in Reno, it's so close to hell I can see Sparks!