PDA

View Full Version : Closet Sig Fanboy

Canadadry
08-15-2016, 3:32 PM
I can't believe that since I've moved out of California I've purchased more Sigs than any other guns. By next month I'll be on my 4th Sig. 3 of the sigs that I've purchased so far are West German guns. The 4th gun is an X-5 Lightweight which is just German.

My very first gun was a German made P220. However, I felt that the quality of the guns were not up to par and never bought another sig until last year. I might even pick up a Legion before moving back to CA.

Elysium
08-15-2016, 3:39 PM
Since the CA Sig Sauer with the LCI shark fins are considered abhorrent. Buying out if state is easy.

highpower
08-15-2016, 3:43 PM
Why in Gods name would you want to move back?

nahpungnome
08-15-2016, 4:22 PM
Why in Gods name would you want to move back?

The food?

osis32
08-15-2016, 5:22 PM
I like my sigs but the new ones are crap. I hate the short reach trigger and the e2 grips. My general rule of thumb is of the left hand side of the slide(looking down the sights. Never point it at yourself :-) ) has a roll pin instead of what looks like a rivet head don't buy it. I hate roll pins anyway but they make the Sig look cheap.

Barang
08-15-2016, 5:36 PM
THe E2 grip and short reset tigger are good for small hand size. I don't like them because I have medium hand and the two polymer stock grips & original fat trigger are perfect for me.

osis32
08-15-2016, 6:12 PM
There's a difference between the short reset trigger which I have nothing against. It's the skinny short reach trigger I despise in pinches me.

berg
08-15-2016, 8:27 PM
Thankfully the trigger and grip are very easy to change on these guns.

lightcav
08-15-2016, 8:36 PM
There's a difference between the short reset trigger which I have nothing against. It's the skinny short reach trigger I despise in pinches me.

Yup, I had a TACOPS with the skinny SRT that pinched the crap out of my finger. I changed the grips to make them fatter and it pinched less but I ended up selling it anyway. I only have one Sig now, a 1992 West German P226 with the fat trigger. It's the only Sig I like. I had a P320 but sold it because I just didn't shoot it as well as a Glock.

If I was out of state, I'd buy another P320 and probably and X series and a legion. But with the way off roster Sigs are so expensive, it's just not worth it unless you are a fanboy, no offense of course. I pay more for brands I'm crazy about too.

Barang
08-15-2016, 10:18 PM

Ooops! I meant "short reach" not "short reset". My wife likes the skinny trigger because of her hand's size. I on the other hand like the fat trigger.

bsg
08-15-2016, 11:39 PM
I like my sigs but the new ones are crap. I hate the short reach trigger and the e2 grips. My general rule of thumb is of the left hand side of the slide(looking down the sights. Never point it at yourself :-) ) has a roll pin instead of what looks like a rivet head don't buy it. I hate roll pins anyway but they make the Sig look cheap.

my first Sig was a w german P226 that i picked up in the mid 1980s. the trigger reach was just a tad longer than what i wanted. i installed a factory OEM short reach trigger in hopes of obtaining perfection with trigger reach. instead, i could not place my finger pad correctly, my grasp on grip was altered and within a box of 50 the blister reared it's ugly head. i reinstalled the original trigger and quickly came to the conclusion that it wasn't so bad after all.
OP won't regret purchasing the classic w german P series Sigs. for my liking, they are a world away from the new production. fair disclosure requires sharing that i've only owned w german Sigs, but i've shot some of the newer breed stuff and wouldn't have interest in becoming an owner; personal preference.