PDA

View Full Version : Firearm safety course

dtomkidd
08-10-2016, 6:20 PM
Cam this be taken online, or do I need to find a certified instructor to take the test with to be able to purchase a handgun?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Garand Hunter
08-10-2016, 6:31 PM
Go to a gun store that sell pistols, take it on the spot, get your card, should be
finished less than 1/2 hour, unless you flunk.

Psalm 1

AAShooter
08-10-2016, 6:39 PM
Here is the study guide: http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/hscsg.pdf

dtomkidd
08-10-2016, 6:39 PM
Go to a gun store that sell pistols, take it on the spot, get your card, should be
finished less than 1/2 hour, unless you flunk.

Psalm 1
That's what I figured, thanks for the clarification!

tbc
08-10-2016, 6:45 PM
Now that you have your answer, what gun are you buying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtomkidd
08-24-2016, 3:09 PM
Now that you have your answer, what gun are you buying?

Sorry for the late response work has been hectic for me, I purchased a 4 inch Springfield XD 9.

teg33
08-24-2016, 3:12 PM
Sorry for the late response work has been hectic for me, I purchased a 4 inch Springfield XD 9.

Good choice, now buy lot ammo and shoot it

XDJYo
08-24-2016, 5:21 PM
You're supposed to have bought both of the guns you were thinking of getting, not just one. :) J/K. It's kind of a running joke here on Calguns.

Get to an NRA First Steps Pistol class or other similar course. Even a 2-4 day training class would be awesome. It's great fun and fantastic to be able to work your gun the way it should be. Plus, you'll be surrounded by like-minded gun guys and gals.

Congratulations on the XD. It's a great pistol. I have an XD-m in 45. They are absolute work horses.

Get the ammo now as the prices are relatively cheap. In a little while, they won't be.

Make sure you learn how to take decent pictures and be able to post them here on CG. Posting dirty pictures of your gun and of your targets (after you've shot them) are sort of a requirement here. So, we will patiently await your pictures. :)

Happy shooting and be safe!

tbc
08-24-2016, 7:28 PM
Good choice. It won't be your last :)

dtomkidd
08-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Thanks everyone, the test went great and I have the card. I'll be able to pick up the XD on Sept. 3rd and I can't wait!

osis32
08-24-2016, 10:13 PM
Don't forget to sign the petitions.

dtomkidd
08-24-2016, 10:17 PM
You're supposed to have bought both of the guns you were thinking of getting, not just one. :) J/K. It's kind of a running joke here on Calguns.

Get to an NRA First Steps Pistol class or other similar course. Even a 2-4 day training class would be awesome. It's great fun and fantastic to be able to work your gun the way it should be. Plus, you'll be surrounded by like-minded gun guys and gals.

Congratulations on the XD. It's a great pistol. I have an XD-m in 45. They are absolute work horses.

Get the ammo now as the prices are relatively cheap. In a little while, they won't be.

Make sure you learn how to take decent pictures and be able to post them here on CG. Posting dirty pictures of your gun and of your targets (after you've shot them) are sort of a requirement here. So, we will patiently await your pictures. :)

Happy shooting and be safe!
I'm looking at getting into a ccw class before the end of the year to hopefully get my permit soon.

And I Already took care of the ammo problem, ordered 500 rounds before I even bought the gun [emoji16] now I just need to keep up with buying a box or two every week.

dtomkidd
08-25-2016, 5:44 AM
Don't forget to sign the petitions.
Is the petition over at the end of this month or the end of September?

floogy
08-25-2016, 7:57 AM
I'm looking at getting into a ccw class before the end of the year to hopefully get my permit soon.

And I Already took care of the ammo problem, ordered 500 rounds before I even bought the gun [emoji16] now I just need to keep up with buying a box or two every week.

sgammo.com

Welcome.