PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in Dragunov/PSL rifles?

HendersonDefense
09-26-2008, 7:35 AM
Hi Folks,

Is there any interest in the California market for the Century Dragunov/PSL rifles? Also, I understand that we will have to fill the thumbhole portion of the stock but do we need to install magazine locks on these as well?

Henderson Defense Industries

kalieracer
09-26-2008, 7:37 AM
I would be interested. If they have a mag lock then I don't believe they need the thumbhole filed. What is the cost on the rifle?

Crusader
09-26-2008, 9:19 AM
I've wanted one for a long time. An approximate price would be nice though.

Baron
09-26-2008, 9:21 AM
They would need either filled in thumbhole stock or a mag lock
And yes I want one:D

marxdspot
09-26-2008, 9:23 AM
With a mag lock installed (Radd makes one) locking a 10 round mag, the thumbhole stock does not need to be filled.

Also, if you guys could do better than AIMSURPLUS, I'm in. Here's a link:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eaimsurplus% 2ecom%2facatalog%2fSurplus_and_Used_Long_Guns%2eht ml&WD=psl&PN=Romanian_PSL_7%2e62x54R_Rifle%2ehtml%23a1885#a1 885

Frijolito1988
09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Im in if you can get a non evasive fill in stock ( one that is not permenent and dosent damage the wood if i wanna take it off later and put a lock)

Ive done business with henderson before and these are top knotch guys

HendersonDefense
09-26-2008, 10:29 AM
With a mag lock installed (Radd makes one) locking a 10 round mag, the thumbhole stock does not need to be filled.

Also, if you guys could do better than AIMSURPLUS, I'm in. Here's a link:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eaimsurplus% 2ecom%2facatalog%2fSurplus_and_Used_Long_Guns%2eht ml&WD=psl&PN=Romanian_PSL_7%2e62x54R_Rifle%2ehtml%23a1885#a1 885

OK.. I thought that the thumbhole feature was banned regardless of the magazine lock or not? I swear, one of these days I will get it right ;)

I don't think quoting prices on the Riflemans Forum is allowed so IM me if you have questions. Also, I think we will install a magazine lock that we make in-house just like our Saiga model.

Here is what our magazine lock on the Saiga-12 looks like:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9323/siaga12maglockbok5.jpg

Fate
09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Is that a permanent modification? The JumboPanda one is reversable.

moulton
09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
OK.. I thought that the thumbhole feature was banned regardless of the magazine lock or not? I swear, one of these days I will get it right ;)

I don't think quoting prices on the Riflemans Forum is allowed so IM me if you have questions. Also, I think we will install a magazine lock that we make in-house just like our Saiga model.

Here is what our magazine lock on the Saiga-12 looks like:

The thumbhole stock is legal so long as the magazine has a mag lock installed and the magazine accepts 10 rounds or less. Also, if you do sell the rifles with filled in thumbholes be sure to remove the flash-hiders and replace them with muzzle-breaks.

Jpach
09-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Im interested. Depends on the price we can get

Fate
09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
PSLs don't have flash hiders. They're muzzle brakes.

SJgunguy24
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Hell yeah! +1 on the mag lock. Need prices.

Might want to leave the option for the purcheser to install what they want. Rifles can ship without the stock attached.

Frijolito1988
09-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Hell yeah! +1 on the mag lock. Need prices.

Might want to leave the option for the purcheser to install what they want. Rifles can ship without the stock attached.

thats what i was thinking, without the stock it will still be over 30'' BUT since it is a rifle with out a stock would that make it somehow illegal even though it is over 30'' ?

SunriseF150
09-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I am definately interested. I wonder if you could get Ironwood Design or someone else to make a rear stock that doesn't have the thumbhole cut out? That would be ideal.

SunriseF150
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
I would think that shipping them with the FCG removed would make it ok to ship the rifle with the stocks still on and w/ no mag lock installed. That way the buyer can decide what mag lock or what to do to the stock to make it legal. I like the jumbopanda mag lock as it can be reversed without having any permanent modification done to the rifle.

SJgunguy24
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
G.T.G. barrel is 24.5in. I have read nothing that states a rifle must be shipped with a stock. If so there would no barreled actions for custom home builts.

jandmtv
09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I think the rifle can be shipped with the stock removed, IIRC PSL's meet the 30" requirement with the stock removed.

SJgunguy24
09-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I would think that shipping them with the FCG removed would make it ok to ship the rifle with the stocks still on and w/ no mag lock installed. That way the buyer can decide what mag lock or what to do to the stock to make it legal. I like the jumbopanda mag lock as it can be reversed without having any permanent modification done to the rifle.

I don't want to mess with the F.C.G. personally, but i'll reinstall a couple of screws,no problem.

SJgunguy24
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Techniclly the gas system can be removed and that will make it legal, but the easiest way is remove the stock.

Nefarious
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM
How is the stock for lefties? Would it work.
It seems from the picture that the stock is not contoured for us. I have not seen the shape on the other side.. but I immagine its setup for a right handed shooter

SJgunguy24
09-26-2008, 11:41 AM
It's set up for righty's. You might be able to pick up a plastic stock with no contour,but still has the thumbhole.

Fate
09-26-2008, 11:45 AM
How is the stock for lefties? Would it work.
It seems from the picture that the stock is not contoured for us. I have not seen the shape on the other side.. but I immagine its setup for a right handed shooter

Stock is a problem for lefties. Same with scope as it's offset to the rifle's left. Have heard of some shooters shooting "righty" but using left eye to look thru scope.

Lateralus
09-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Heres an idea: Can you just ship them without the stock attached and let the owner configure it as needed? Im pretty sure it is still waaaayy over 30".

Would that present legal issues?

Frijolito1988
09-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Heres an idea: Can you just ship them without the stock attached and let the owner configure it as needed? Im pretty sure it is still waaaayy over 30".

Would that present legal issues?

+1 this will also be cheaper since you wont have to charge us to install a lock lol

rolly
09-26-2008, 12:40 PM
iam interested...

so what would be the configuration options?

HCz
09-26-2008, 1:34 PM
If it has RADD lock and price is ok, I'm interested.

Frijolito1988
09-26-2008, 1:40 PM
I think the easiest and most cost effective would be to just take off the stock and ship it like that

jumbopanda
09-26-2008, 2:17 PM
Definitely interested, as long as it's under $850.

Suvorov
09-26-2008, 2:20 PM
Lots of interest here.

HendersonDefense
09-26-2008, 4:01 PM
Moderators...if my posting of the price is out of line I totally undestand you folks locking the thread and I apologize in advance.

If the rifle can be shipped with JUST the stock removed and no magazine lock installed, the price will be $699.95. I thought the rifle would HAVE to have the magazine lock because of the thumbhole stock but I guess that is no longer relevant.

apbrian112
09-26-2008, 4:22 PM
that's a great price... considering the alternatives. is that price for the full package, 2 magazines, scope, etc.

if so you'll have a lot of buyers!

LewDog
09-26-2008, 4:30 PM
wow, I'd definitely be interested in one for that price!

EBR Works
09-26-2008, 4:31 PM
I have one on the way being shipped with the stock detached. Should have it in about 10 days or so. The JumboPanda lock should work. I'll post pics when I have it.

Century's dealer price is $699 so that is a smokin deal! I paid about $100 more + ship + CFLC. :(

Frijolito1988
09-26-2008, 4:36 PM
Moderators...if my posting of the price is out of line I totally undestand you folks locking the thread and I apologize in advance.

If the rifle can be shipped with JUST the stock removed and no magazine lock installed, the price will be $699.95. I thought the rifle would HAVE to have the magazine lock because of the thumbhole stock but I guess that is no longer relevant.

wow this is a GREAT price!!!!! they come with the scope right :p

I THINK i will be picking one up in the next few days

HendersonDefense
09-26-2008, 5:02 PM
wow this is a GREAT price!!!!! they come with the scope right :p

I THINK i will be picking one up in the next few days

Yes... these come with the scope, pouch, oil bottle, magazines and cleaning rods.

I will take care of you California guys before we do ANY posting anywhere else. These are confirmed to ship so there should NOT be any hassles or "re-allocating" of our order ;) We should have them in our shop by October 6th as we just wrapped up the deal today. Initially I wasn't sure if I should order them but I got a good response from you guys (like usual).

I haven't seen any PSL rifles with issues of canted sights or gas blocks but I will go through them regardless.

thanks,
Ron

oaklander
09-26-2008, 5:13 PM
I don't think that's correct. The receiver is generally the firearm, regardless of whether it has a FCG or other parts installed or not. Adding any evil part to an AK receiver that does not have a mag lock is therefore illegal.

Just my 2 cents. . .

:)

cackinthebox
09-26-2008, 5:17 PM
for that price, i will take one!

EBR Works
09-26-2008, 5:20 PM
With the stock detached, there are no evil features on the PSL and it's 30"+ OAL. Perfectly fine to ship this way. Same holds true for shipping an AK with the PG removed. No mag lock needed until you re-attach the thumb hole stock.

Fate
09-26-2008, 5:28 PM
As mentioned in PM, I'll take one.

Frijolito1988
09-26-2008, 5:29 PM
Yes... these come with the scope, pouch, oil bottle, magazines and cleaning rods.

I will take care of you California guys before we do ANY posting anywhere else. These are confirmed to ship so there should NOT be any hassles or "re-allocating" of our order ;) We should have them in our shop by October 6th as we just wrapped up the deal today. Initially I wasn't sure if I should order them but I got a good response from you guys (like usual).

I haven't seen any PSL rifles with issues of canted sights or gas blocks but I will go through them regardless.

thanks,
Ron
this isnt going to be a group buy is it ? I think it will be faster to just set up a date and time and from that time forward start taking orders lol , i dont wanna wait for other people to get on the list and pay up untill i get my PSL:D

HendersonDefense
09-26-2008, 5:38 PM
this isnt going to be a group buy is it ? I think it will be faster to just set up a date and time and from that time forward start taking orders lol , i dont wanna wait for other people to get on the list and pay up untill i get my PSL:D

NO GROUP BUY ....EVER.... EVER... AGAIN :eek:

I will post make a post in the Commercial Firearms sale forum when they arrive. You guys will be able to call in your order and pay for them then. I don't want a fiasco like the RPK deal :(

thanks,
Ron

radioburning
09-26-2008, 5:51 PM
Always wanted one of these. Hopefully you'll still have some of these next month...

BlackReef
09-26-2008, 5:53 PM
I am VERY interested in a PSL!!! Put me on the list!

TRAP55
09-26-2008, 6:27 PM
I am interested!

rolly
09-26-2008, 6:40 PM
iam good also!!

Who in the bay area is interested? maybe we can find same dealer where it will de delivered so we get a lower price from the local dealer...

what do you guys think of that?

Mr.Boink
09-26-2008, 7:53 PM
I'm in on this one! Great deal!

Oh yeah, check this out. Seeing this makes me all hot and bothered... but I'm easy.
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=111120551

I'd rather keep the original wood, but its nice to know that someone is working on a polymer Dragunov style stock for the PSL.

Builder
09-26-2008, 9:58 PM
This is another way of making the PSL CA compliant by requiring a tool to remove the 10 round magazine: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=559537&postcount=10
Thanks,
Builder

HCz
09-26-2008, 11:20 PM
I'll take one for $699:eek::D

jacques
09-27-2008, 12:15 AM
I am going to post here. Can you post here when you are going to post in the for sale thread. That way I will get an E-mail to this link and I don't have to sit and watch the for sale thread.

What Scope does it come with?

marxdspot
09-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow! I'll take one. I bought a PSL during the shortage of them in 2006 and I paid $1100 for the exact same package. I sold it a while back, but with this price, I gonna get it back. SWEETNESSssssssss!

69Mach1
09-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Wow, great price HD. If I didn't already have one.....
I'd be interesed in the Golani's (Galil clones).
Anyone else. : )

marxdspot
09-27-2008, 1:38 AM

Okay, sure why not. I'm for a Golani and a PSL. I guess that's going to have to be another thread, right?:43:

cwa14509
09-27-2008, 8:11 AM

I'd be interested in both too. But for the Golani I would want something like a tantal brake (or any longer brake really) to bring up the OAL. For some reason pinning a folding stock just doesn't work for me.

HendersonDefense
09-27-2008, 11:33 PM

I will take this thread to the Commercial Sales forum because Doug managed to get some of the Cetme and Tantal rifles in addition to the Dragunov's ;)

thanks,
Ron

Frijolito1988
09-27-2008, 11:42 PM
I will take this thread to the Commercial Sales forum because Doug managed to get some of the Cetme and Tantal rifles in addition to the Dragunov's ;)

thanks,
Ron

what kind of price can we get on the tantal!!!

HendersonDefense
09-28-2008, 12:07 AM
I'd be interested in both too. But for the Golani I would want something like a tantal brake (or any longer brake really) to bring up the OAL. For some reason pinning a folding stock just doesn't work for me.

I just want to clarify this.... you folks can have a folding stock rifle if the length of the rifle with the stock folded is how long? Also, does the muzzle device count as part of the length?

Frijolito1988
09-28-2008, 12:18 AM
I just want to clarify this.... you folks can have a folding stock rifle if the length of the rifle with the stock folded is how long? Also, does the muzzle device count as part of the length?

The over all lenght of the rifle has to be 30 inches in the smallest possition ( when folded ) and yes the muzzle device counts as part of the lenght

mcubed4130
09-29-2008, 7:41 PM
Hmm.... which credit card... :-D

-M3

Saigon1965
09-29-2008, 7:44 PM
Quote for posterity -

munkeeboi
09-29-2008, 8:22 PM
The over all lenght of the rifle has to be 30 inches in the smallest possition ( when folded ) and yes the muzzle device counts as part of the lenght

But if the muzzle device is what is needed to reach the minimum length, It needs to be permanently pinned or welded.

EBR Works
09-29-2008, 8:36 PM
But if the muzzle device is what is needed to reach the minimum length, It needs to be permanently pinned or welded.

Incorrect. It only needs to be pinned or welded if the muzzle device is used to attain the minimum barrel length of 16", NOT for OAL of the weapon.

I have a 16" barreled AK with a folding stock so I installed an extended muzzle brake that is removable to meet the minimum 30" overall length when folded for a center fire weapon. I also have a carbine AR with a 14.5" barrel that has a permanently attached muzzle device to bring the barrel to 16".