PDA

View Full Version : M9/92fs

dodgewilliams
08-07-2016, 8:07 PM
Are they cool. I like glocks and I only have glocks. Was wondering if it was a good idea. I'am a fan of all pistols.

ArkinDomino
08-07-2016, 8:16 PM
Real cool.
Do it bruh.

G38xOC
08-07-2016, 8:20 PM
My friend has one . Duel tone 9mm . Real easy to shoot .

Koston555
08-07-2016, 8:20 PM
I've got a 92fs, love it, very nice shooting gun and very accurate

bigbully
08-07-2016, 8:21 PM
Very cool, but you will love or hate the trigger. I don't mind the trigger on my M9, but my buddy hates the trigger on his identical pistol. I tried both and they are the same so it's just personal preference. Pistol is accurate and enjoyable to shoot for a 9mm.

Kwikvette
08-07-2016, 9:09 PM
Accurate, reliable as fu**, and a pistol you can depend your life on.

Lumpia is sarap!
08-07-2016, 9:32 PM
I like the finish on the M9.

Nick Adams
08-07-2016, 9:39 PM
Smooth action, soft shooting. but that first double action pull is about a country mile.

Wallabing
08-07-2016, 9:42 PM
Cool, but it's very difficult to repair or replace parts. Lots of very small delicate springs and parts.

RedRiderF26
08-07-2016, 9:56 PM
I bought one cuz i wanted to be cool, now everyone wants my gamertag and instagram :thumbsup:

Tovarish
08-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Handle it alongside a CZ 75. Get the one you like better. Both are widely available and about the same price.

nitroxdiver
08-07-2016, 10:44 PM
I'am a fan of all pistols.

Then the answer is easy. Absolutely get one. If for no other reason than to have a representative example of the current US mil issue sidearm in your collection. I prefer the m9 to the 92 because of the roll marks (and lack there of). It is an extremely soft and easy shooting pistol. It is large. Some don't get along well with the double action trigger pull with stock springs. Some don't get along well with the slide mounted safety/decocker. I find it a very easy pistol to shoot acceptably well with. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swiss_
08-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Get one or the other. If you don't like it, I'll buy it off you.

ifilef
08-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Very cool, but you will love or hate the trigger. I don't mind the trigger on my M9, but my buddy hates the trigger on his identical pistol. I tried both and they are the same so it's just personal preference. Pistol is accurate and enjoyable to shoot for a 9mm..
Trigger fix is inexpensive and easy with a Ed Brown 1911 Competition Hammer Spring to replace the OEM. Drops DA pull to a smooth 7 lbs., SA to ~4 lbs., or you can go with a Beretta 'D' spring. I think the Ed Brown works better for a lighter pull.

jeffrice6
08-07-2016, 11:01 PM
Are they cool. I like glocks and I only have glocks. Was wondering if it was a good idea. I'am a fan of all pistols.

I really don't want to be that guy ~

Killer Bee
08-07-2016, 11:03 PM
had a handful of them in the armory before I retired..

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/u3fgi2xookmr4hp/duty%20m9s.jpg?dl=0

thought enough of them to buy a couple ;)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=331453&d=1402205858

Dimitri A.
08-08-2016, 6:31 AM
Excellent guns, I would not hesitate to buy one.

NIKSD
08-08-2016, 7:24 AM
+1 I love my M9.

Saym14
08-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Great gun but I'm just not into it the ergonomics don't fit me and I do not prefer that type of safety

Carcassonne
08-08-2016, 3:09 PM
They are different than a Glock or 1911.

I have one and like it.

BigArroyo
08-08-2016, 3:21 PM
My two cents....too damn heavy. I carried it in a shoulder holster. Ended up putting it in the door pocket. It was like an annoying baby pulling on my left shoulder all day long. Also, if you do not have large hands, well it will be hard to hold on to. It's a high quality firearm but it's also yesterday's tech. So many better, way better options. If your a collector, go for it. If you have to carry it...........get something lighter.

Abu Riyah
08-08-2016, 6:29 PM
They are great pistols...solid, heavy, reliable, and upgradable for not too much $$$. I originally had only Sigs, which I still love, but after carrying an M9 for a few years overseas, I had to get one after I came back home. I was looking for an M9, but found a very nice mint 92FS that had already been upgraded for the same price as a brand new one and couldn't pass it up. It looks nicer and the trigger is much smoother, but it shoots about the same as the 20+ year old M9 I carried daily on my belt or on the chest of my body armor. I would never carry it concealed here, especially since I need to buy lower cap mags for it soon, but it is great at the range or for HD. I still need an M9 to go with my M4 though...nostalgia. Yes, definitely get one to round out your collection, but even more because they are great shooters and very cool.

jeffrice6
08-09-2016, 12:06 AM

They're the bomb bro ~ What Glocks do you own?

land locked
08-09-2016, 9:35 AM
Yes worth getting one or two. I like light rail options even if I don't use them. Picked up the M9A1 for me.

cockedandglocked
08-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Absolutely worth buying. Fantastic pistols. I bought my Inox 92 after owning nothing but Glocks myself - wish I'd bought the 92 first. So much nicer and better to shoot. That said, I carry Glocks every day still. But my favorite range and HD gun is my 92, by not a small margin.

timbo399
08-09-2016, 2:12 PM
I loved my first Beretta 92 so much I bought another in Inox stainless. Beautiful handgun- looks as nice as some of my 1911's that are 3x the price.

As far as ergonomics, I love the beefy grip it feels like a pee shooter even w +p ammo. I have not upgraded the trigger/hammer on either, both are stock, so yes that DA pull is quite heavy but I can honestly say in SA after growing up and owning mainly 1911's, straight out of the box when I first shot it I could not believe the inherent accuracy for me.

I own only 1911's for .45 and use 1911 as HD/bedside gun and a bunch of different types of 9mm's, the stock Beretta 92 is just a great shooter in my opinion- I'd replace 1911 w it for bedside duty as soon as master that first DA shot.

Just took my Inox 92 out of the safe last night just to admire it- it really is that nice.

DDM4556
08-09-2016, 2:26 PM
Are they cool?? I'll put it this way. I have a bunch of Glocks and a variety of other pistols in a variety of price ranges. Which one is still my overall fav? My 92/M9A1.

I will never be without a Beretta. Never. I know there are a million guns with more upgrades, but to me the 92 is just perfect. Fits my hand like its custom made just for me. Very fun to shoot. Recoil is so soft its almost unfair. Accurate, soft shooting, reliable as hell, eats anything, and last but not least, beautiful. I think 92s are among the most timeless, stunning guns ever made.

OP, go to a range and rent one. While I'd buy one in a heartbeat, some people hate the large grip - especially those with small hands. Some also complain about the trigger. Everyone is used to something different, for some the trigger is nice, others feel the opposite. Lastly, the slide mounted safety is a big problem for some. Its never been an issue at all for me, but you need to try the gun first.

santamonica9
08-09-2016, 2:35 PM
m9 a1 - railed 9mm baby!

ElDub1950
08-09-2016, 2:40 PM

Are Beretta's Cool isn't the question. Are YOU cool enough to own one? is the question.

Here's link to application. It will scan all your CalGuns post first and if you might be cool enough it will let you fill out the application. If you're obviously not, it will keep the app page hidden from you.

Berettausa.com/AmICoolEnough/ (http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/AmICoolEnough/)

DDM4556
08-09-2016, 3:56 PM
Are Beretta's Cool isn't the question. Are YOU cool enough to own one? is the question.

Here's link to application. It will scan all your CalGuns post first and if you might be cool enough it will let you fill out the application. If you're obviously not, it will keep the app page hidden from you.

Damn! I'm not cool enough... Well I'm not selling them! :mad:

Killer Bee
08-09-2016, 4:22 PM

says I'm so cool, they're gonna call me culo :shrug:

DArBad
08-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Get one...they are smooth, accurate, and reliable.

Juniork5
08-10-2016, 12:14 PM
I have one and love it and became alot cooler than before

cockedandglocked
08-10-2016, 12:47 PM
I have one and love it and became alot cooler than before

Ah yes, I forgot to add that to my post above. My coolness factor went up at least tenfold when I brought mine home. As soon as I walked out the store, I was swarmed by new fans and asked for autographs :cool:

Che762x39
08-10-2016, 2:26 PM
Great gun but I'm just not into it the ergonomics don't fit me and I do not prefer that type of safety

It is a decocker as far I am concerned. :oji:

Che762x39
08-10-2016, 2:35 PM

I had two 92FS that were great handguns but in a divorce I had to let them go.

I am thinking about getting a M9 for a plinking range gun. :oji:

newbie1234
08-10-2016, 2:38 PM
IMO, two things to prevent one to get Ber. 92:
- He get a very small hand.
- Used to carry Glock now has to carry Bre. 92 whole day long.

orangeusa
08-10-2016, 2:45 PM
Excellent guns, I would not hesitate to buy one.

You can't buy just one. :)

As to them being hard to work on, pshaw. They have to be the easiest to field strip of all semi-autos.

As to tearing down a frame - Easy peasy. I can tear down a frame in minutes and get it back together in 10 minutes. The sear is a bit tricky until you find a drapery pin (or small awl).

Plenty of aftermarket parts for cheap, and mags are cheap.

The large grip seems to be an issue for folks, and the DA trigger does have a long pull, but you get used to that. Reliability is top notch. And every smith knows how to work on them if you decide to get a trigger job (which I have done on most of mine).

orangeusa
08-10-2016, 2:47 PM
It is a decocker as far I am concerned. :oji:

Yes. I get it. :) You CAN get the F model converted to a G (decocker) by Allegheny Gun Works, but it's not cheap. I got used to using my thumb to take it off safety/assure it's not on safe while bringing it up to fire.

Rob7.62
08-10-2016, 7:32 PM
Highly recommended it I just picked up a 92G and love it. Seeing all the cool options you can have done at Wilson combat for not a lot of $$$ kinda twisted my arm. Great gun and excellent value love the chrome lined barrel. Buy it and don't look back.

Blade Gunner
08-10-2016, 7:58 PM
92G-SD if you can find one. Either send it to Wilson Combat or get their kit. Add a D spring and the trigger is smooth as you can find.

Dimitri A.
08-10-2016, 8:18 PM
I'll also add that the double action trigger pull can be easily rectified with a factory "D" spring, same set up as the Elite II. If your concerned about acidentally engaging the safety when racking the slide and don't want to pay for a "G" conversion, the Wilson Combat low profile, single sided safety lever works great.