PDA

View Full Version : New Bisley .45colt ( fixed spelling)

Pablo5959
08-06-2016, 5:02 PM
I've had a bunch of .45LC brass from my FIL, hopping a deal on a Blackhawk would pop up.
Anyway with the prices lately it was looking like every time a used one came up for sale. I could just buy new for the same price, or close enough it was worth it to not buy someone else's scratches.

So Bud's has this 5.5" that's a dealer exclusive model http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u543/Pablo5959/image.jpg1_zpsuzfd5aam.jpg (http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/Pablo5959/media/image.jpg1_zpsuzfd5aam.jpg.html)

Please tell me, Bud's is GTO?

AKexpat
08-06-2016, 5:48 PM
It's a Bisley grip and frame, not a Besley.

orangeusa
08-06-2016, 5:50 PM
Bide your time. You can get smoking deals on SA revolvers if you are patient.

Bill Steele
08-06-2016, 7:00 PM
Never had a problem with Bud's, generally the best price around.

JohnFLand
08-06-2016, 8:04 PM
Look for the KRBN-455WX model, it includes a .45ACP cylinder as well as the.45LC cylinder.

Dago Red
08-06-2016, 8:10 PM
True you should be able to get good deals on single action rugers. They're not pricey to start and not a big resale market.

Whether you get this one or wait definitely get a bisley. Why anybody still makes the stupid old style grip is behind me. They're uncomfortable to shoot so if you really shoot one you'll go to aftermarket grips anyways. I've owned vaqueros, Blackhawks, super Blackhawk, and a bisley. (41 mag, 44 mag, 45 colt).

45 colt is an awesome fun to shoot cartridge. Length wise I much prefer shorter barrels for practicality. My 4 5/8" Blackhawk stainless (w hogue grips) is a great camp gun

Red

RudyN
08-06-2016, 8:12 PM
I have a pair of Ruger New Vaquero Bisleys in 45 Colt and they are fun to shoot. I use them for Cowboy Action shooting. The barrels on mine are 5.5"

Hardwarejunkie
08-06-2016, 9:23 PM
I've only purchased from Bud's once so far and had no issues, however I know some gun shops don't like them and at least one that won't accept shipments from them.
Definitely check with your local gun shop before ordering, give them a chance to special order it for you. Make sure you understand all their fees.

I got this:
http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/media/catalog/category/CA865-Russian-6_1.jpg

Just another 45LC fan!

Griffdog
08-06-2016, 9:57 PM
I love the Bisley. This is a Distributor Exclusive so not sure how many they plan to make but definitely get this one or better yet the 472 convertible model. I have one from when they first made them maybe 15ish ago. I think it was a Lipsey's and they only made a couple of thousand in 45lc and 44mag.

dfletcher
08-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Be careful of their "stock picture" disclaimer. I bought a Weatherby Accumark in 340 Weatherby from them, it was pictured and described as having a brake and when the gun arrived - no brake. My mistake for not catching it when the gun arrived, I asked if they'd split the $200.00 cost of a brake and they told me "tough luck". When I told them (and did) I'd leave negative feedback on GB they threatened to do the same to me. I did, they did and GB removed their retaliatory feedback from my profile.

For a SA revolver I'd try and find local - Bud's isn't the only dealer that can order a "special run" gun.

Sutcliffe
08-07-2016, 6:03 AM
Normally Bisley's are only available in 7 1/2" barrels which are too long for everyday use. I had mine cut to 5 1/2" for carry.