PDA

View Full Version : Back into Rifles...Again!

Bongos
09-25-2008, 3:51 PM
Was talking to a fellow Calgunner on a rifle was selling. Situation was just to go out and shoot was just a big hassle since they closed any close rifle ranges. So last last year I sold all of my rifles, then I looked at my collection and it hit me... Handguns for personal defense I got covered, couple of tactical shotguns for home defense. What i realized was I had nothing for medium or long range. I also remember the LA riots, we had business in LA, lots of the owners had pistols, some had shotguns, then some had rifles (I had an AK and an AR at the time). For some reason, the looters and gang-members chose to leave my business alone, yet went against the pistol and shotgun owners,, we were only a few businesses apart. What happen if there was another incident, this time a quake or other disaster where the local PD cannot help...Military is scarce.. Now, I live in a three story house so I have a good vantage point. So earlier this year I started collecting again, first was an EAA Saiga (found a case of mags from the 1980's in the garage) and a M1A. I think that covers it for now

nobs11
09-25-2008, 3:56 PM
What happen if there was another incident, this time a quake or other disaster where the local PD cannot help...Military is scarce..

Or in situations where the PD and the military is ordered to act against ordinary citizens.

09-25-2008, 4:11 PM
Glad to hear you back into the rifles again. For the life of me, I will never understand why you sold all of them to begin with!

PIRATE14
09-25-2008, 4:18 PM
So earlier this year I started collecting again, first was an EAA Saiga (found a case of mags from the 1980's in the garage) and a M1A. I think that covers it for now

EAA....listed rifle or is it a RAA.....

fusionstar
09-25-2008, 4:49 PM
Good call, couple rifles around the house makes for great decorations. Good find on the magazines, I recently was reconnected with a handful of 10/22 hi cap mags and USGI m16/m1 carbine 30rd's that was given to me in the late 90's. These are like gold to me.

sammy
09-25-2008, 5:22 PM
You must get your hands on one of FEDUPWBS's builds. Simply the most awesome rifle I have ever had. From 0 to 100 meters this is all you will ever need in a self defense senario.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x183/carcrazysammy/DSC06783.jpg

Paratus et Vigilans
09-25-2008, 8:15 PM
Was talking to a fellow Calgunner on a rifle was selling. Situation was just to go out and shoot was just a big hassle since they closed any close rifle ranges. So last last year I sold all of my rifles, then I looked at my collection and it hit me... Handguns for personal defense I got covered, couple of tactical shotguns for home defense. What i realized was I had nothing for medium or long range. I also remember the LA riots, we had business in LA, lots of the owners had pistols, some had shotguns, then some had rifles (I had an AK and an AR at the time). For some reason, the looters and gang-members chose to leave my business alone, yet went against the pistol and shotgun owners,, we were only a few businesses apart. What happen if there was another incident, this time a quake or other disaster where the local PD cannot help...Military is scarce.. Now, I live in a three story house so I have a good vantage point. So earlier this year I started collecting again, first was an EAA Saiga (found a case of mags from the 1980's in the garage) and a M1A. I think that covers it for now

Good! 'Cause I'm keeping that HRA M1 Garand I bought from you! :D

apbrian112
09-25-2008, 8:35 PM
You must get your hands on one of FEDUPWBS's builds. Simply the most awesome rifle I have ever had. From 0 to 100 meters this is all you will ever need in a self defense senario.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x183/carcrazysammy/DSC06783.jpg

your pic is freaky... it looks like everything is hanging to a wall. *for a split second, i was like "how the heck did he just stab the light into the wall?!?" :D

until i saw the lamp, unless you stabbed the lamp into the wall as well...

Bongos
09-25-2008, 9:27 PM
EAA....listed rifle or is it a RAA.....

EAA is not listed, DOJ just wanted it to be listed in the 2006 memo.. it did not pass the courts so it's fine