PDA

View Full Version : Question of Value?

Max DVC
09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey, gents. Some friends from our local gun club suggested that I ask here, but if this is not the correct forum or just plain out of line let me know and I'll nuke this post.

I was wondering how to determine a sales price for a few odd ball rifles I have had quite awhile. Any opinions on the value of these? All purchased new by me and in pretty good condition. (Safe Queens)

1. Norinco SKS Para model, imported by K-Sports with a 16" barrel, parkerized finish with an OD Green plastic stock. Original box is marked "SKS PARKA-PARA 7.62X39 OD STC. Maybe 100 rounds through it.

2. Springfield Armory M6 Survival Rifle .22/.410. Has the older style e-clips at the take down pin. Trigger guard. Original box.

3. Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer .22 rifle.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AJAX22
09-25-2008, 1:49 PM
sks is probably worth around 350-450 (para guns are very sought after for some reason and the plastic stocked ones are quite rare)

No idea on the springfield, but I've always wanted one ;)

I've typically paid around $75-125 for charter arms ar7's.. although I think the list price was around $145 or so...

tenbrook
09-25-2008, 2:10 PM
I'll buy the M6 from you. I sent you a PM with my phone #. Give me a call when you get a chance.

:Ivan:

Dirtbiker
09-25-2008, 2:17 PM
I'll bet you'll jump on that scout... I always wanted one when they were cheap, makes me wish I bought one then. Now they cost a fortune for what they are.

aplinker
09-25-2008, 8:04 PM
A SS m6 can pull as much as 6-700. About 1-150 less for others this is assuming great shape

Use gunbroker to get ballpark valuesu

AJAX22
09-26-2008, 7:11 AM
I think the value on the sks is much higher than the 150 ucla...

he has the 16 inch version (very sought after) with the rare plastic furnature set. for some reason people seem to be willing to pay rather absurd amounts of money for them.

I personally wouldn't, but thats because I have a crate of sks's stashed away that I paid around $15-50 each for back before I knew that you could get AK's in CA...

the chinese para is the only factory 16 inch sks available on the market, and it is one of only a few that was available with a chrome lined bore.

Many of them were converted into SKS-D or SKS-M configurations, so the original style that is still CA legal is rather hard to come by, particularly with the plastic furnature.

aplinker
09-26-2008, 3:11 PM
I think the value on the sks is much higher than the 150 ucla...

he has the 16 inch version (very sought after) with the rare plastic furnature set. for some reason people seem to be willing to pay rather absurd amounts of money for them.

I personally wouldn't, but thats because I have a crate of sks's stashed away that I paid around $15-50 each for back before I knew that you could get AK's in CA...

the chinese para is the only factory 16 inch sks available on the market, and it is one of only a few that was available with a chrome lined bore.

Many of them were converted into SKS-D or SKS-M configurations, so the original style that is still CA legal is rather hard to come by, particularly with the plastic furnature.

by others I meant Parkerized M6 scouts... I was typing on an iPhone and being lazy :p

I didn't give values except for the Scout.

Max DVC
09-26-2008, 5:19 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Had a few other sources come up with similar guestimates.

:)