PDA

View Full Version : Fnx tactical 45 non threaded barrel??

INVINCIBULL84
08-02-2016, 2:13 PM
I've checked with Midwest gun works & efk fire dragon for a non threaded barrel for my fnx tactical 45 but they completely sold out & typically sold out with a couple hours of coming out with some inventory. Anyone know any other barrel makers ?? I would think there wouldn't be such a high demand for the non threaded barrel

HK416
08-02-2016, 2:36 PM
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/fnx-gun-parts/67206-9

Says its in stock.... or you can find a threaded barrel and find a smith who is willing to remove the threads.

INVINCIBULL84
08-02-2016, 2:41 PM
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/fnx-gun-parts/67206-9

Says its in stock.... or you can find a threaded barrel and find a smith who is willing to remove the threads.
Thanks I appreciate it. I had just spoke to them on Fri & they said they would email me when they got some instock & they weren't expecting any available anytime soon

Kwikvette
08-02-2016, 3:02 PM
Thanks I appreciate it. I had just spoke to them on Fri & they said they would email me when they got some instock & they weren't expecting any available anytime soon

I've been on the lookout for awhile too. For the past few months, barrels have been out of stock in the sites you've listed.

There's one in the market place for pretty cheap; only reason why I didn't buy it is due to the stainless steel finish left where the threads were.

In the meantime, I'll keep waiting.

naimad
08-02-2016, 3:09 PM
Direct Action Solutions in Poway had a few in stock a week or so ago

http://www.directactionsolutions.net/

INVINCIBULL84
08-02-2016, 8:19 PM
I've been on the lookout for awhile too. For the past few months, barrels have been out of stock in the sites you've listed.

There's one in the market place for pretty cheap; only reason why I didn't buy it is due to the stainless steel finish left where the threads were.

In the meantime, I'll keep waiting.

After the guy above posted about Midwest having them I immediately checked & ordered 2. I even called to confirm about it & they said if I was able to purchase them on their website then they have them instock. I wanted to make sure that it just wasn't a preorders thing

discoed
08-03-2016, 5:41 AM
It took me almost a year to get my non-threaded barrel. I got mine from EFK. Like you mentioned, the moment they were in stock withing a few hours they were gone.

I did have a small issue with my barrel. When they coated it, some of the coating got on the breech of the barrel. A little scrubbing and filling got it out. After that, barrel worked fine.

INVINCIBULL84
08-03-2016, 7:41 AM
It took me almost a year to get my non-threaded barrel. I got mine from EFK. Like you mentioned, the moment they were in stock withing a few hours they were gone.

I did have a small issue with my barrel. When they coated it, some of the coating got on the breech of the barrel. A little scrubbing and filling got it out. After that, barrel worked fine.

Do u happen to know what that type of coating process is called

discoed
08-03-2016, 9:04 PM
Do u happen to know what that type of coating process is called

Sorry not sure.