PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME WITH PROBLEM

Street_soldier
09-24-2008, 4:58 PM
ok guys I need your help,Im new at this whole shotgun thing,and im starting to learn more about it, I have this problem on my shotgun the spring that you can see on the pic I believe reloads the shell well it broke I dont know if you guys can figure it out what I mean.but I was wondering if this piece is replacable and can be fixed or what do I do?thanks

Greg-Dawg
09-24-2008, 5:19 PM
Extractor? Contact the maker, I'm sure your good with the warranty.

Street_soldier
09-24-2008, 5:59 PM
I bought more than 4 years ago at big 5. Do I take it back to the store?

Timberwolf
09-24-2008, 6:03 PM
That looks like a Mossburg - contact the manufacturer not the store.

Street_soldier
09-24-2008, 6:21 PM
its not a mossberg its a norinco 98. Should I contact them?

Patriot
09-24-2008, 6:30 PM
its not a mossberg its a norinco 98. Should I contact them?

Norinco is - I believe - a Chinese company, which would mean that your shotgun (which appears to be a Remington 870 clone by the model # you provided) was imported.

I have not heard anything about a warranty or customer service with regards to Norinco (doesn't mean they don't exist, just that I haven't heard anything). Was there any documentation that came with your shotgun that might have useful info? You could also ask around and see what people know about Norinco warranties and/or customer service.

Lastly, since it is an 870 clone, you might be able to get a replacement part that was made for an actual Remington.

Hope this helps

mike100
09-24-2008, 6:54 PM
Norinco has an importer that will almost surely replace that part under warranty. With the cost of shipping and all, I'd consider riveting in a new leaf spring yourself or having a local 'smith take a stab at it using commonly available 870 parts.

I don't know the importer for Norcs-perhaps the gun is marked as req'd by law.

Street_soldier
09-24-2008, 9:00 PM
thanks guys for your feed back. i hope i can get it fixed.ill contact the manufacture tommorow morning.:D

Street_soldier
09-24-2008, 9:08 PM
is it called an extractor or leaf spring?

fusionstar
09-24-2008, 9:39 PM
That would be the Ejector/ Ejector Spring. It works as both. From what i can see in my own 870.. it is riveted in. Perhaps you can contact a remington repair center and see what they can do? You can MAYBE rip the broken one out, buy a new one. and JB weld that sucker or drill straight through the rivet out through the receiver. fasten it down with a screw w/ locktite, grind off the excess and reblue. Thats just a theory, it might just ruin it.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=2&m=12&mn=Remington%C2%AE&model=870+Express+

Street_soldier
09-24-2008, 11:30 PM
That would be the Ejector/ Ejector Spring. It works as both. From what i can see in my own 870.. it is riveted in. Perhaps you can contact a remington repair center and see what they can do? You can MAYBE rip the broken one out, buy a new one. and JB weld that sucker or drill straight through the rivet out through the receiver. fasten it down with a screw w/ locktite, grind off the excess and reblue. Thats just a theory, it might just ruin it.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/schematics/schemmfg.aspx?schemid=2&m=12&mn=Remington%C2%AE&model=870+Express+

thanks I think Im better off letting a pro handle it I dont wantt o make it any worse,I just thought I could do it myself by just buying the part.Thanks again everyone,If anyone knows anyone in the l.a area who does these kind of jobs please let me know

Street_soldier
09-24-2008, 11:31 PM

thanks I think Im better off letting a pro handle it I dont want to make it any worse,I just thought I could do it myself by just buying the part.Thanks again everyone,If anyone knows anyone in the l.a area who does these kind of jobs please let me know

randy
09-25-2008, 1:39 AM
www.davesmetalworks.com They are in Covina.

TRAP55
09-25-2008, 11:19 AM
thanks I think Im better off letting a pro handle it I dont want to make it any worse
Good plan, if it's anything like an 870, it takes special tools to stake the rivets in place. Even then it takes experience, or you can end up with a damaged receiver.

Street_soldier
09-25-2008, 6:27 PM
so.. I took my shotgun for repair at a gunsmith called Mikes gunsmith in artesia.charged me $65.00 to repair the ejector,I dont know if thats reasonable or to much just as long as it gets fixed.