PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Golani Galil mag adapter

devildog101
09-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Hello All

Ok so I got a century Golani. Rifle looks nice but of course I still have to get to the range with it. But here is the rub. I could not find a source for 10 round Galil magazines so being that I have plenty of AR mags the magazine adapter seemed like the logical choice. So I bit the bullet and paid 150 for the adapter but the F*****g thing does not fit. It seems like the front of the adapter will not go in all the way. So anybody else have this problem? Or even better anybody got a 10 round galil mag they are willing to part with.
any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Ed

ptoguy2002
09-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I read on some of the ak forums that the galil - AR mag adapters did not drop in early ORF galil receivers. Receiver will need some fitting.
Check out the galil forum on akfiles.

When you get it running, make sure you check your locking lugs on the receiver for mushrooming / smashing and/or check your headspace.

moulton
09-24-2008, 11:33 AM
:useless:

cwa14509
09-24-2008, 1:06 PM
How do you have the mag locked & how did you meet the oal requirement, if you don't mind me asking.

I always liked these rifles, it just seems like a pain to get them in a legal configuration before importing into the state.

Sal
09-24-2008, 2:20 PM
i sent you a PM, i've got some 10/35 mags.

What they dont tell you really is that you have to fit the adapter to the gun, and often times fit the gun to take the adapter. Takes alot of tweaking and tuning to get it to feed right etc.

famas619
08-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Got anymore of those 10/35 mags?

Jpach
08-13-2009, 10:52 PM
What adapter did you get? If its the Magnolia State Armory one or whaveter, it say son their website that the adapter itself needs fitting. I have read that the Golanis are a bit of a pain with the conversion. Im picking up my Golani tomorrow and I was thinking of going with the adapter too. Let me know how it goes! Good luck!

duraglock
08-14-2009, 9:45 AM
Have 10/35 blocks for orlites or metal mags and featureless grip for golanis.