PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take to order your OLL?

unusedusername
09-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Hello all,

So I've ordered my first AR... (one of these, to be changed to a MMG by the shop) (http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_22&products_id=211)

The thing is... I ordered on the 8th. When I ordered it they told me up and down that they would "definitely" have it before the end of the 10 day waiting period. With that in mind, I was quite excited on day number 11.

Unfortunately, the shop did not receive the rifle by then. In fact, they said they did not even have an ETA for it :(

I'm still waiting... but wondering: it this normal?

I don't want to name the shop because I think it may be with their supplier not the shop itself...

Bowser
09-23-2008, 11:41 PM
We build, not buy complete.

sorensen440
09-23-2008, 11:42 PM
I didn't order mine I just bought one off the shelf

It really should only take 2-3 days if they order it when they say they will and if there supplier has them in stock (which they should if they started your dros)

stphnman20
09-24-2008, 12:00 AM
I built mine. The longest wait for me was 10 days.

mike452
09-24-2008, 12:12 AM
WTF is "the gun" law requires two day or less shipping??????
It's UPS and FedEx rules for handguns only not rifles.

Only order from shops that have the OLLs in stock. I waited 3 months for a MEGA back in 2005. Hope you get it before 30 days.

PolishMike
09-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Luckily there is no shortage of OLL's here in SD. I look at mine before I pay for em :)

shellyzsweet
09-24-2008, 12:16 AM
WTF is "the gun" law requires two day or less shipping??????
It's UPS and FedEx rules for handguns only not rifles.

Only order from shops that have the OLLs in stock. I waited 3 months for a MEGA back in 2005. Hope you get it before 30 days.

yea....someone already pointed out my fail in that and called me before someone else pointed it out....i didn't know it was for handguns only. my bad!

Blue
09-24-2008, 12:17 AM
When Wes told me it was for real, it took me about a half a second to say that I'm all in.

trinydex
09-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Hello all,

So I've ordered my first AR... (one of these, to be changed to a MMG by the shop) (http://www.stagarms.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_22&products_id=211)

The thing is... I ordered on the 8th. When I ordered it they told me up and down that they would "definitely" have it before the end of the 10 day waiting period. With that in mind, I was quite excited on day number 11.

Unfortunately, the shop did not receive the rifle by then. In fact, they said they did not even have an ETA for it :(

I'm still waiting... but wondering: it this normal?

I don't want to name the shop because I think it may be with their supplier not the shop itself...

never expect anything to be on time. if you like to select parts you like expect even less for things to arrive all together in a nice pile on the right day.

aplinker
09-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Well...

I wouldn't be so quick to defend the shop. Firearms manufacturers and distributors never give believable answers for ETA, for the most part. That they're putting it on the distributor or Stag means: 1.) they're new and don't know better 2.) they deceitfully quoted a distributor date without telling you they're often wrong 3.) you missed the caveat because your eyes were hazed and happy ;)

Honest shops will say, "Stag told me it would be 14 days yesterday, but you can never know with them."

Yeah, it's normal, if you don't order off the shelf from stock.

I wouldn't do that again, if you want it to be on time. If you're patient and it's something you must have....

The Cable Guy
09-24-2008, 12:51 AM
I'll have a complete AR by next monday. I placed an order for a complete Spikes Dedicated 22 upper along with a stag lpk, buffer tube/spring and stock along with some mags. Those are coming in tomorrow after about 1 and a half weeks. Stag lower's 10day ends on saturday, but after J&J's hours, so I have to go on monday to get it. I'll be skipping work on monday to put the entire thing together and taking it to the local indoor range for a range report. :D

localguy
09-24-2008, 1:03 AM
Build!!! Build! :) Then it takes 10 days and as quickly as you can spend your money on all the parts

unusedusername
09-24-2008, 2:18 AM
Well I guess I'll take this wait as a learning experience then... In stock only items for me from now on.

tenpercentfirearms
09-24-2008, 5:46 AM
I only sell items that are in stock and this is why. The suppliers are so unpredictable on their actual delievery times a dealer is going to disappoint their customer every time they try to sell something they don't have.

CSACANNONEER
09-24-2008, 5:55 AM
Well, I had to wait................two weeks. I went to CWS in '04 and started the DROS(s). Then, I had to wait until two weekends later before I could take the better part of a day to make the trip again.

Army
09-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Wes made me wait over EIGHT MONTHS until I could DROS and pick up two lowers.......

......well, I was in Iraq when I ordered them................... :D

Hopi
09-24-2008, 11:05 AM
When Wes told me it was for real, it took me about a half a second to say that I'm all in.

+1....I remember driving to Kinkos to fax my info the very minute Wes said it was a go....

then spent 3 months making phone calls at 5 am to secure batches from all over the country....

Trust me, a few days or weeks to wait for an OLL is nothing......

Adonlude
09-24-2008, 6:09 PM
Think I had to wait 3-4 weeks before Coldwarshooters was able to attain and ship my Noveske N4 to my local FFL. It ended up being one week longer than their guestimate.

jksupplyco
09-24-2008, 6:17 PM
I only sell items that are in stock and this is why. The suppliers are so unpredictable on their actual delievery times a dealer is going to disappoint their customer every time they try to sell something they don't have.

Ain't that the truth!! :mad: