PDA

View Full Version : Overland AK

lou3100
09-23-2008, 4:34 PM
Hello has anyone recently received an Overland built AK kit. The reason I am asking is I was told my build would take 4-5 weeks upon payment and receipt of my parts kit. Today marks 7 weeks. I have spoken with Gary numerous times and have had good communication. Just wondering what to expect.......

Thanks, Louie

kalieracer
09-23-2008, 5:29 PM
Most builders cite that much time for builds. I have been following them on various forums. The builds look good and Gary is a very nice guy! He is a bit of a perfectionist. I have a couple guns out to him for work.

Leo

popngen
09-23-2008, 8:09 PM
Gary had mentioned that although he said 4-5 weeks for me, depending on when I submitted it, it may be up to 7 weeks. You should give him a call again.

Dirtbiker
09-24-2008, 9:20 AM
I've got a romy build packed up and ready to go to him. Everything I've seen and heard from him is positive. 2-3 months for quality work is not that big of a deal.

lou3100
09-24-2008, 5:57 PM
I know, i guess the suspense is killing me to see it. :chris:

technique
09-24-2008, 6:04 PM
you dont have to wait, there is a nice one in the for sale threads here!!!!

lou3100
09-24-2008, 9:48 PM
I know but iam over $650 into this already!:eek:

kalieracer
09-24-2008, 9:53 PM
I know but iam over $650 into this already!:eek:

Thats not that bad....

I have a 74 that is well over 900 already....

74 Side folder kit (unfired)
correct russian side rail
NDS 2SF
Kobra Red dot
SHTF build.....

Plus I have Khyber pass style being built with russian markings and russian rail and correct scope..

pbrand
09-25-2008, 7:37 AM
I am going to be sending mine out to Gary too. Believe me that his wait time is nothing compared to others on here who will claim 2-5 weeks. You get it back in a time frame of more than 8-12 weeks and there is absolutely no contact available. I wont even mention other outragous issues you will deal with.

From what little I have spoke to him Gary seems very legit and a man who is actually conerned with customer service. Something non of these other jokers seem to care about. Like some one mentioned above it is well worth the wait.

popngen
09-25-2008, 7:39 AM
I am going to be sending mine out to Gary too. Believe me that his wait time is nothing compared to others on here who will claim 2-5 weeks. You get it back in a time frame of more than 8-12 weeks and there is absolutely no contact available. I wont even mention other outragous issues you will deal with.

sounds juicy. i'm all ears so i can avoid stuff in the future