PDA

View Full Version : Stag Trigger Issue

armandolo
09-23-2008, 3:04 PM
I bought a Stag complete lower and a stag upper and took it to the range twice. both times I feel the trigger pull was incosistent and at times seemed stuck. I had to either pull realy realy hard or play with bunch of things (like the safety) for it to pull and fire. Is this inconsistency normal? Is there a break in period.

One more thing. Some times the last live round would be out of the magazine in the receiver and the bolt open as if out of ammo. Whats this all about?

Thanks guys

10RoundLimit
09-23-2008, 3:17 PM
Who built your lower? take the upper off and check it out, make sure your hammer spring is not backwards. Not normal

armandolo
09-23-2008, 3:19 PM
I bought it as a complete lower from CWS

PIRATE14
09-23-2008, 3:19 PM
Sounds like something is amiss in the lower......shouldn't have that issue.....

BP88
09-23-2008, 6:07 PM
Do what Armandolo said. I installed my hammer spring upside down before but I didn't have any issues like you are. Double check, though.

armandolo
09-23-2008, 7:08 PM
But if the spring is backwards (BTW how do i check that) shouldn't I have consistent though incorrect feel of the trigger?

jandmtv
09-23-2008, 7:26 PM
remove your upper from the lower, and take a picture of your lower from the top showing the fire control group and post it here so we can tell you if right or wrong.

PIRATE14
09-23-2008, 7:39 PM
I bought it as a complete lower from CWS

If you got it from us just send it back and we'll take care of it.......;)

armandolo
09-23-2008, 8:10 PM
I got it in december though. Is that OK?

hybridatsun350
09-23-2008, 8:12 PM

December? And you're just now wondering about the problem? :confused:

PIRATE14
09-23-2008, 8:15 PM

Well sure it's okay, if it's defective we'll fix it or replace it.....or if something broke we'll square it away for you....

Send it off to our SOCAL shop or we'll be in SAN FRAN this wkend and DEL MAR nxt wkend....if that is closer for a drop off......

armandolo
09-23-2008, 8:36 PM
here is the picture.

Yes, unfortunately I took it out second time last weekend. First time I thought its me, or the ammo or the mag, something. But now i'm pretty sure something is not right. I also have a 74 i got from ORF about 4 months ago. Shot it first time two days ago. Whats your point hybridatsun?

armandolo
09-23-2008, 8:38 PM
Well sure it's okay, if it's defective we'll fix it or replace it.....or if something broke we'll square it away for you....

Send it off to our SOCAL shop or we'll be in SAN FRAN this wkend and DEL MAR nxt wkend....if that is closer for a drop off......

I'll come by to the Cow Palace. who should I see?

Guntech
09-23-2008, 8:52 PM
Aww no way CWS at the cow palace! Damn I cant make it either!

hybridatsun350
09-24-2008, 8:39 AM
here is the picture.

Yes, unfortunately I took it out second time last weekend. First time I thought its me, or the ammo or the mag, something. But now i'm pretty sure something is not right. I also have a 74 i got from ORF about 4 months ago. Shot it first time two days ago. Whats your point hybridatsun?

I wasn't trying to criticize you. Nine months just seems like an awfully long time to discover a major problem with a rifle.

armandolo
09-24-2008, 8:50 AM
No I agree, I havent taken out my Stag or the 74 cause I like to shoot my scoped rifle (see the attached) but as far as the problem, I am not sure how to categorize it. Its not it happens on every shot, but say 2 out of 10 whould act strage almost like the 'Safe' is engaged. I whish it was a consistent problem, then I could easily troubleshoot.

armandolo
09-24-2008, 8:51 AM
Any clues on why there would be a loose last round inside the action. with the bolt open and mag empty?

armandolo
09-29-2008, 2:05 PM
Little correction: Bought the Stag in January this year but man, CWS kicks a__s. After all this months they were willing to take it back and fix it for me. Turns out it was a minor issue that I'll try to remedy myself, but A+ to CWS customer service and Support.