PDA

View Full Version : Do I need...

ElevenBravO
09-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Do I need a Driver's License to purchase a AR? Cause my DL expired a week ago.

Could I use my military ID instead to purchase an AR? Or no?

And yes, I did use the search engine for this question. Didn't find what I was looking for. Ahaha...

Thanks

Hunter158
09-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Try searching the DOJ web site for ID requirements

scotthmt
09-23-2008, 11:19 AM
i believe you could, but you should go get a new DL, dont want to get a ticket for expired DL while driving your car

Frijolito1988
09-23-2008, 11:23 AM

And yes, I did use the search engine for this question. Didn't find what I was looking for. Ahaha...

Thanks

You might get a discount if you use your military ID ive seen it happen alot of times

The Cable Guy
09-23-2008, 5:15 PM
i believe you could, but you should go get a new DL, dont want to get a ticket for expired DL while driving your car

And having an OLL in the trunk after picking it up :kest:

Quiet
09-23-2008, 6:28 PM
Your military ID needs to be accompained by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California in order for it to work.

Deamer
09-23-2008, 9:03 PM
It funny how people like stores think when your drivers License expires. It like when it expires you are no longer that person. when I was 21 my DL was expired like 2 days. I went to buy beer and thats when the clerk noticed it was expired and refused to sell to me. I only "lost" my privledge to drive, not my birthday and picture.

jacques
09-23-2008, 9:07 PM
It funny how people like stores think when your drivers License expires. It like when it expires you are no longer that person. when I was 21 my DL was expired like 2 days. I went to buy beer and thats when the clerk noticed it was expired and refused to sell to me. I only "lost" my privledge to drive, not my birthday and picture.

That is true. I saw someone trying to use their passport as ID at a grocery store and they would not accept it as valid ID:confused:

Bowser
09-23-2008, 9:10 PM

Thanks

I believe when you want to DROS a lower, or any firearm your ID must not be expired. It specifically asks for the expiration date on the 4473 form.

USN CHIEF
09-23-2008, 9:39 PM
Your military ID needs to be accompained by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California in order for it to work.

Correct, that is all you need if you are active duty military. You don't need a DL to DROS a gun if you are AD.

PolishMike
09-23-2008, 9:44 PM
That is true. I saw someone trying to use their passport as ID at a grocery store and they would not accept it as valid ID:confused:

Yep - the 7/11 on my street wouldnt sell my cousin a back of cigs. He was 27 and using his Passport.

ElevenBravO
09-24-2008, 2:21 AM

Ahahaha... That's true. I've been using my military ID lately cause my DL is expired. Ahahaha...

And thanks to members Quiet and USN Chief for that info. Well... I'm California National Guard (I know. I've heard it before... Lol...), but would that consider me as active duty? Cause the shops I've been to think I am... I mean one weekend a month, two weeks a summer? I'm doing some kind of duty... Lol...

Wolfpack331
09-24-2008, 3:25 PM
No..you need to show stamped orders stating you've PCS'd, or electronic copy with a signed letter from your CO. And even still they need to know thtas all you need otherwise....

been there....

Bimmer2
09-25-2008, 9:29 AM
Duh, once ID is "expired," then it's no longer "valid."

How hard is this to figure out?