PDA

View Full Version : JAE 100 G2 stock

trg-s338
09-22-2008, 1:00 PM
Looking at this closely, is it CA compliant? Does the definition of a handgrip fit this stock?
www.jallenenterprises.com

BigBamBoo
09-22-2008, 1:02 PM

ohsmily
09-22-2008, 1:13 PM
Just read the website that you just linked us to:

Is the stock California Compliant?
Yes……..Since, per the California DOJ, they only provide guidance, not approvals for stocks, JAE corresponded over several months and designed the JAE-100 grip with their input to ensure that our stock would be in compliance with the California laws.

In an excerpt from a California DOJ letter to JAE dated October 22, 2003, they confirm the definition of an assault weapon:

"California Penal Code section 12276.1 provides, in pertinent part: "(a) NotwithstandingSection 12276, 'assault weapon' shall also mean any of the following: (1) Asemiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following: (A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath theaction of the weapon…" In addition, Section 978.20, subdivision (d) of the California Code of Regulations provides, "pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon' means a grip that allows for a pistol style grasp in which the web of the trigger hand (beneath the thumb and index finger) can be placed below the top of the exposed portion of the trigger while firing."

As you can see in the photo below, we have designed the JAE-100 grip so that, when grasped normally, the web of the trigger hand would be placed well above the exposed portion of the trigger.
http://www.jallenenterprises.com/faq/JAE-100%20G2%20California%20Compliant.jpg

X-NewYawker
09-22-2008, 1:22 PM
The Sako looks in fact LESS compliant because of the "web of your hand" can be placed below a line drawn back from the top of the trigger -- but that is a bolt gun anyway. By the Ca description the JAE is compliant, but like all of our guns, since Brown has become AG, no "letters" confirming "legality" will be issued.

edittman1
09-22-2008, 1:39 PM
They are bolt action. It doesn't matter.

(I think.. :))

ohsmily
09-22-2008, 1:45 PM

JAE makes a stock for the M14.

X-NewYawker
09-22-2008, 1:50 PM
The JAE is for the semi M1-A and was designed (by Jeff it's CA maker) to be compliant: Here is the best way to see it:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/JAEProfile.jpg

The line is drawn parallel to the top of the exposed trigger -- the web of the hand cannot wrap around that low.

bwiese
09-22-2008, 1:51 PM
It's indeed legal on semiauto centerfire rifles - the reason JAE cited is someone spurious/irrelevant (though offers additional cover), since it allows a normal rifle grasp and not a pistol grasp, and there's no pistol grip protruding conspicuously below the action of the weapon.

trinydex
09-22-2008, 3:28 PM

the op is asking about the m1a stock.

trg-s338
09-22-2008, 5:04 PM
Thanks for the clarification boys, I did not know about the exposed trigger horizontal thumb grip whachumarule! I should have read the FAQ on the M14 stock, my bad. Thanks a million.

vandal
09-22-2008, 7:11 PM
Need one for AKs without all the adjustable bells & whistles -- just a quasi-pistol-grip polymer Warsaw-length AK stock.