PDA

View Full Version : FN Scar L release date

nikonuser
09-22-2008, 8:26 AM
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3050899

If November release date is true, is there anybody working on a bullet button for the FN Scar to make it CAL legal?
Also $2500 is a lot of money but considering the good reputation of the rifle I will hold off on buying other rifles and just save for this one.

nobs11
09-22-2008, 9:15 AM
Does the Scar have a AR type grip? Will the MMG fit? I guess this one will be a hard one to make featureless. The stock and the FH will have to go.

PIRATE14
09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3050899

If November release date is true, is there anybody working on a bullet button for the FN Scar to make it CAL legal?
Also $2500 is a lot of money but considering the good reputation of the rifle I will hold off on buying other rifles and just save for this one.

There is only supposed to be about 600 rifles so, that isn't many........

X-NewYawker
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Waiting for SCAR H

Shane916
09-22-2008, 11:07 AM

How do you suppose one would be machining parts to something not released?

bwiese
09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Also $2500 is a lot of money but considering the good reputation of the rifle

Umm, how can a new unproved, untested small-volume product have a good reputation?

(Other than from some gun-rag writers that are paid to play with new toys.)

slick_711
09-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Umm, how can a new unproved, untested small-volume product have a good reputation?

(Other than from some gun-rag writers that are paid to play with new toys.)

I was thinking the same thing...

The good reputation comes from magazines that make their living off of advertising, so everything they write has to be taken with a grain of salt. And as far as I've seen the SCAR has yet to be hard-use field tested or proven by anyone outside of FN.

Pryde
09-22-2008, 12:33 PM
The good reputation comes from the .mil operators who have tested and posted positive reviews of the platform on other forums.

The scar has been in testing with SOCOM for over 2 years.

trinydex
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
a BB will be hard since it has an ambi mag release, maybe dual b15s or something?

it'd be much better to use the mmg and remove the flash hider (isn't there a model with a fixed stock? anyway you could pin it somehow i'm sure.).

also it looks like it has a an AR style grip

non ar grip shown here....

http://www.ginklai.net/images/galerija/2847_fn_scarspecial_forces_combat_assault_rifle01a pkarpyta.jpg

ar grip here

http://world.guns.ru/assault/scar-l_all.jpg

slick_711
09-22-2008, 12:44 PM
The good reputation comes from the .mil operators who have tested and posted positive reviews of the platform on other forums.

The scar has been in testing with SOCOM for over 2 years.

Yeah see I heard that and all, about the ".mil operators." However, the handful of Seals, Rangers, Green Berets, CROs, and Force Recon guys I know have never handled one. Granted I only know a few such guys, and there are many such units, so it's entirely true that it has been in SOCOM use. But as far as I'm concerned that does not change the fact that they've never so much as seen one.

X-NewYawker
09-22-2008, 1:26 PM
The SCAR -- the Barack Obama of guns -- it's all hype! The emperor's gun has no clothes!

scootergmc
09-22-2008, 2:03 PM
Yeah see I heard that and all, about the ".mil operators." However, the handful of Seals, Rangers, Green Berets, CROs, and Force Recon guys I know have never handled one. Granted I only know a few such guys, and there are many such units, so it's entirely true that it has been in SOCOM use. But as far as I'm concerned that does not change the fact that they've never so much as seen one.

The ones I know did handle them during the testing. MARSOC was entrusted with test samples and they sent them back with many issues to be fixed, including the flimsy feeling stock and mag issues. Apparently SOCOM didn't much care. They were satisfied with what the others reported back and went forward with the order.

marxdspot
09-22-2008, 2:14 PM
I have every confidence in our friend, Radd, to pull off a miracle as he has done for many of us in the past.

a BB will be hard since it has an ambi mag release, maybe dual b15s or something?

it'd be much better to use the mmg and remove the flash hider (isn't there a model with a fixed stock? anyway you could pin it somehow i'm sure.).

also it looks like it has a an AR style grip

non ar grip shown here....

http://www.ginklai.net/images/galerija/2847_fn_scarspecial_forces_combat_assault_rifle01a pkarpyta.jpg

ar grip here

http://world.guns.ru/assault/scar-l_all.jpg

Toolbox X
09-22-2008, 3:11 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I can't think of too many release dates that have been met. From my experience, 2 Months in the gun manufacturing world is the same thing as 2 weeks in our world.

trinydex
09-22-2008, 3:21 PM
i think if a maglock is to be designed it'll be all in the left hand side actuator. you could easily make a p50, just drill that catch/button.

now do make a b15 style shroud... that would be harder because with that you could be able to actuate on the right side without any problem (it wouldn't be locked on that side). so you need a shroud for the right side too...

marxdspot
09-22-2008, 7:53 PM
Definitely my next purchase after an Addax GPU:43:

69Mach1
09-22-2008, 8:01 PM
Definitely my next purchase after an Addax GPU:43:

Damn dude, slow down. It's getting harder for me to keep up. :D
I'd love a SCAR heavy myself.

uzigalil
09-22-2008, 8:03 PM
I agree and have said many times that my limited experience with the Scar rifle is not impressive. It is light. But A exposed reciprocating charging handle-Why ?
A overly complicated stock asking to break. The gun writers never mention the broken bolt heads and other failures that have derailed the system over and over again. Again another Fn design that will only be succsesfull in civilian sales and a military failure like the p90 and f2000.

sammy
09-22-2008, 8:14 PM

How can you guys afford these rifles and the ammo to shoot them??? :confused: My AR has been sitting cold for tha last 6 months because ammo is so expensive. Want to trade jobs??

X-NewYawker
09-22-2008, 8:16 PM
We steal ammo from gang members

lowriderryda
09-22-2008, 8:30 PM
Only way to do it especially out in the Bay Area, Just pocket check them for their ammo

tiger222
09-22-2008, 8:35 PM
I really like the IDEA of the SCAR L - it's the modern version of the FNC, I'd like one!! Though I am NOT excited as excited about the H as I already have a FAL, and it's simply more elegant imho... but that could change.

Addax
09-22-2008, 8:36 PM
Looks like I am going to have sell some toys in collection to get one of these...:43:

marxdspot
09-22-2008, 9:30 PM

Wait a minute...didn't you just buy an STG-556? Hey, mi casa su casa when it comes the toys, bros.

LOL!:D

torsf
09-23-2008, 10:33 AM

I think that picture just made me a convert to get the SCAR H in black instead of FDE... sexy!

X-NewYawker
09-23-2008, 10:38 AM
That stock looks overly complex and... damn -- like a fish!

I guess I'll still get one...