PDA

View Full Version : Kaiser Defense OLL......any info??

GI-M1
09-22-2008, 3:12 AM
Does anyone know anything about this manufacturer??

Apparently they are made in San Diego.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=110969390

ENTHUSIAST
09-22-2008, 4:21 AM
Found this:
http://thekaiserworks.com/products/firearms.php

Guess you could call and ask about civilian sales they look very Pro-2A:
http://thekaiserworks.com/info/index.php

paladin4415
09-22-2008, 6:27 AM
Kaiser is GTG. I've been to the factory and seen their work. They have been doing contract work making parts for some very big names in the AR world. They have now decided to make and market for themselves. I just finished a 3 day, 3000 round test of one of their rifles. The rifle had no problems at all. The lowers are machined from forgings right here in San Diego and are very very nice.

naimad
09-22-2008, 6:37 AM
So cal gun in kearny mesa has these lowers in stock

X-NewYawker
09-22-2008, 6:49 AM
Nice that they're in state! They deserve our support if the product is as good as you say!

aplinker
09-22-2008, 7:09 AM
Nice... too bad the logo is hideous.

Pryde
09-22-2008, 9:27 AM
Mine ;)

kaiserworks
09-22-2008, 10:28 AM

Perhaps you would prefer a pony or a snake on your lower?
Because as a mfg we can do custom stuff for an extra charge. We went with the factory logo as a tribute to Kaiser's US military manufacturing heritage here on the west coast (Kaiser built alot of the Pacific Fleet during WWII). A dual reason for the factory is that we actually make the lowers (as well as many other parts) in our own facility. Most manufacturers; even big names like RRA do not make their own, they just assemble guns from parts made by a handful of companies like ours.

Yes we do support the 2nd A as an individual right, and we support Californians in that we will sell lowers as well as complete rifles to civilians as long as they comply with CA gun laws . We also sell to CA LE as long as they have their dept's approval. We are approved for retail sales in CA. but I've been slacking on setting up the DROS system software so SoCalGun (858-571-2020) has been handling local sales for us. We can also transfer direct to your local FFL if your in other parts of the state.

We take alot of time and attention to detail in making our products, I believe you'll find them a cut above the rest in terms of accuracy, reliability and fit and finish. As a heads up; keep an eye out for our 7.62 AR platform (WSM calibers avail too)!!!

Thanks Calguns for the service you provide!

Hopi
09-22-2008, 10:34 AM

Don't mind him.

Welcome to the Forum!!!!

bwiese
09-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Welcome, Kaiserworks!

nicki
09-22-2008, 10:44 AM
When you make AR10 lowers, which magazines are you going to make compatible.

I realize that we are limited to 10 round "attachable". Still, it would be nice when we travel to free states to be able to put in 20 to 30 rounders:p

Maybe beta mag will make a 50 or even 100 rounder for a 308:D

PIRATE14
09-22-2008, 10:59 AM

Usually a Pony is key......

But I am not averse to the logo....and Fontana is right down the street....plus being a former Navyman......

Can I get an AMEN....for CALGUNS........:chris:

nobs11
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Because as a mfg we can do custom stuff for an extra charge. We went with the factory logo as a tribute to Kaiser's US military manufacturing heritage here on the west coast (Kaiser built alot of the Pacific Fleet during WWII). A dual reason for the factory is that we actually make the lowers (as well as many other parts) in our own facility. Most manufacturers; even big names like RRA do not make their own, they just assemble guns from parts made by a handful of companies like ours.

Yes we do support the 2nd A as an individual right, and we support Californians in that we will sell lowers as well as complete rifles to civilians as long as they comply with CA gun laws . We also sell to CA LE as long as they have their dept's approval. We are approved for retail sales in CA. but I've been slacking on setting up the DROS system software so SoCalGun (858-571-2020) has been handling local sales for us. We can also transfer direct to your local FFL if your in other parts of the state.

We take alot of time and attention to detail in making our products, I believe you'll find them a cut above the rest in terms of accuracy, reliability and fit and finish. As a heads up; keep an eye out for our 7.62 AR platform (WSM calibers avail too)!!!

Welcome!

Hope your business does well and you expand and start selling lowers and guns throughout the state. I'll support a CA manufacturer over an out of state business any day of the week. Do you have dealers in central CA that carry Kaiser lowers -- Ventura, Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, SLO areas?

X-NewYawker
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Logo is cool. I assume it's not painted in on most of the lowers?

Blacky
09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
I worked for Kaiser when I was a young(er) man. The Logo is cool AFAIC. The logo paint is an option XNY.

EDIT: Group buy?

slick_711
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
I've had my hands on a few Kaiser lowers, including their .308 prototype. Very high quality stuff. Very clean lowers, not much in of anything in the way of machining marks you find on many lowers, and the finish is silky black and even. You can be certain their product will be the core of my next project (now if only I had the money for that to be sooner than later ;)).

As to the logo, I rather like it. As they posted in this thread, it's a tribute to the skyline of the Kaiser steel works plant in Fontana; which was a key part of the American military production complex during WWII.

How is a 'My Little Pony' or a bat, snake, or whatever else any cooler than that?

doughboy334
09-22-2008, 11:23 AM

Thank you for taking the time to register with our lovely gun forum! I'm pretty sure you'll get plenty of business from us ;)

Addax
09-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow! This is great, and I love the Logo too!

My father did allot of work with Kaiser Steel Works back in the day.

He is a Special Metals Welder and Machinist, and he consulted allot with Kaiser Steel, especially when he was working in Pearl with the US Navy on conducting repairs on some of their Nuke Boats.

My father and I have been to the old Steel Mill in Fontana back in the 80's, and it was a sad day to see such a beautiful steel mill dismantled.

kaiserworks
09-22-2008, 4:27 PM
X-NewYawker-
paint fill is optional

nobs11-
thanks for supporting local business, as there are only 10 California licensed firearm manufacturers currently. We are the only ones that make OLL's. We have no other shops outside of the SD area stocking our product in CA. We simply transfer our FFL to yours.

Even though we just started making lowers under our own trade name, you've probably seen our lowers before. We mfg lowers for several high-end AR gun companies, that are also considered OLL. So next time your at a gun show, even though it doesn't have our name on it...

nicki-
Our 7.62 guns take SR25 and DPMS mags.

bwiese
09-22-2008, 4:35 PM
Our 7.62 guns take SR25 and DPMS mags.

So that means that Armalite-compatible uppers don't fit?

Will you be coming out with Armalite-compatible 7.62 lowers?

Spica
09-22-2008, 4:49 PM
Oh Hell Yeah!! An OLL with the words San Diego CA is a testament that gun ownership is still alive and kicking in the state of California. As they say Our head is bloodied but unbowed.

Kaiserworks, best wishes to your present and future endeavor.

On the side note, those were beautiful 2 tone 228's, too bad I was broke at the time. :(

kaiserworks
09-22-2008, 4:53 PM
So that means that Armalite-compatible uppers don't fit?

Will you be coming out with Armalite-compatible 7.62 lowers?

Unless we can find a reliable solution, no, Armalites will not work. We originally designed the 7.62 for a Marine Corps requirement that was postponed. Seems they didn't like the US Army's Knight SR25 rifle "over the beach" capability but they like the mag. We made a weapon that surpasses the required capability and will keep it within the Marine specification for if or when the Marines decide to go forward with this program. What you get as a Kaiser commercial 7.62 rifle will make you list that old Armalite in the For Sale section of Calguns!

PolishMike
09-22-2008, 4:54 PM
I know where im getting my next lower..

Blacky
09-22-2008, 5:05 PM
What are the Kaiser compatible uppers (for AR Nobs like me)?

slick_711
09-22-2008, 5:08 PM
What are the Kaiser compatible uppers (for AR Nobs like me)?

For the AR-15? Should be anything that is "Mil-spec."

bwiese
09-22-2008, 5:10 PM
What you get as a Kaiser commercial 7.62 rifle will make you list that old Armalite in the For Sale section of Calguns!

I doubt it, unless you do offer chrome-lined bbls.

ke6guj
09-22-2008, 5:38 PM
nobs11-
thanks for supporting local business, as there are only 10 California licensed firearm manufacturers currently. We are the only ones that make OLL's. We have no other shops outside of the SD area stocking our product in CA. We simply transfer our FFL to yours.
??? Aircraft Armament makes OLLs as well in CA.

trg-s338
09-22-2008, 5:49 PM
I emailed Kaiserworks inquiring about the AR 308 type he hinted upon. This was the response: "Attached is a pic of the prototypes, feel free to share these on Calguns,
finished product will be slightly different. We hope to get production
going by the end of the year and it is a piston gun."
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=083931b1b4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&view=att&th=11c8c6f6ef50ef0d

Looks pretty exciting, especially if they can hold the price point to a reasonable affordable level.

edittman1
09-22-2008, 5:50 PM

+infinity

slick_711
09-22-2008, 5:59 PM
I emailed Kaiserworks inquiring about the AR 308 type he hinted upon. This was the response: "Attached is a pic of the prototypes, feel free to share these on Calguns,
finished product will be slightly different. We hope to get production
going by the end of the year and it is a piston gun."
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=083931b1b4&attid=0.1&disp=inline&view=att&th=11c8c6f6ef50ef0d

Looks pretty exciting, especially if they can hold the price point to a reasonable affordable level.

Your link fails. Try linking to the picture itself rather than the e-mail, or uploading the picture somewhere then linking to it.

technique
09-22-2008, 6:07 PM
??? Aircraft Armament makes OLLs as well in CA.

Correct! And Armalite compatible with the correct magwell angle on the .308 lowers. And plenty of AR/AK rifle and pistol lowers, all billet. Custom engraving, custom finish, DuPont, and ceramic to name a few.

Oh, and I almost forgot the piston system .408 and .338L stretched AR-10 type receivers.

trg-s338
09-22-2008, 7:12 PM
Sorry for the failed link. Let's try this one from Photobucket.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/mannymalistic/kaiser-receivers.jpg

Guntech
09-22-2008, 7:26 PM
Yes another vendor!

slick_711
09-22-2008, 7:31 PM
Sorry for the failed link. Let's try this one from Photobucket.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/mannymalistic/kaiser-receivers.jpg

Awesome. You can't see from that photo, but their .308 receivers are really sweet. The machining is top notch, and they closed up the charging handle port very smoothly and it has a side charging handle. I'm looking forward to actually shooting one as opposed to just handling white receivers and selling them ammo so they can explore other caliber options.

Gator Monroe
09-22-2008, 7:34 PM
Do you guys entertain the idea of a Marked .22 LR lower or unmarked so my FFL /GUNSMITH could stamp .22 LR on lower ? (To mate with a dedicated .22 upper )

bwiese
09-22-2008, 7:46 PM
Do you guys entertain the idea of a Marked .22 LR lower or unmarked so my FFL /GUNSMITH could stamp .22 LR on lower ? (To mate with a dedicated .22 upper )

Why do you want to go thru that grief?
It doesn't offer any legal protection.

Gator Monroe
09-22-2008, 7:51 PM
Why do you want to go thru that grief?
It doesn't offer any legal protection.

I could have PG & Detachable mags (Like with my WASR 22):)

technique
09-22-2008, 8:07 PM
I could have PG & Detachable mags (Like with my WASR 22):)

you can do that anyway as long as your shooting rim fire. I see your point though, a well to do LEO who wouldn't know any better giving you grief because your lower says 5.56.

09-22-2008, 8:58 PM
Kaiserworks,
Welcome to the forum. It is always nice to hear from manufacturers. I can't wait to see your 7.62 version. Any expected release date?

aplinker
09-23-2008, 12:11 AM
:D No more animals, please! Well... I would like a pony, without the pony ;)

Welcome to Calguns! The nice was stated in that it's nice to see a CA-based manufacturer who's also CA-friendly. :)

I have family who worked for Kaiser during WW2... but I still just don't like big logos. :(

marxdspot
09-23-2008, 2:25 AM
Welcome Kaiser Defense. I look forward to doing business very soon. Thanks for your support and for offering excellent prods.

ENTHUSIAST
09-23-2008, 3:59 AM
THANK YOU for your support and recognition of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms as it applies to our individual rights here in California. :)
I am so EXCITED for the fact that it has San Diego *my home town* YEAH CHARGERS BABY :D on an OLL that I can build AWESOME X1,000,000 !!! :party:
Because as a mfg we can do custom stuff for an extra charge.
Kaiserworks, would it be possible to get some custom "LE-style" markings put on the other side of my OLL?
example:

RESTRICTED
MILITARY/GOVERNMENT
LAW ENFORCEMENT
USE ONLY

kaiserworks
09-23-2008, 8:53 AM
THANK YOU for your support and recognition of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms as it applies to our individual rights here in California. :)
I am so EXCITED for the fact that it has San Diego *my home town* YEAH CHARGERS BABY :D on an OLL that I can build AWESOME X1,000,000 !!! :party:

Kaiserworks, would it be possible to get some custom "LE-style" markings put on the other side of my OLL?
example:

RESTRICTED
MILITARY/GOVERNMENT
LAW ENFORCEMENT
USE ONLY

We can mark receivers any way we choose as a federally licensed manufacturer. It takes some set up so we do charge an extra fee for custom engraving. As a Chargers fan we could put the "lightning Bolt" on the other side of your magwell, incorporate your birthday in the serial, put the badge of your police dept, ect ect. As for marking it with "RESTRICTED... ", its legal for us to do, though I would caution any of our California customers about drawing undo scrutiny on themselves. As long as your gun is in a CA compliant configuration; you know and I know your okay. But it may cause you some hassles with the uninformed.

CHS
09-23-2008, 11:59 AM
We can mark receivers any way we choose as a federally licensed manufacturer. It takes some set up so we do charge an extra fee for custom engraving. As a Chargers fan we could put the "lightning Bolt" on the other side of your magwell, incorporate your birthday in the serial, put the badge of your police dept, ect ect. As for marking it with "RESTRICTED... ", its legal for us to do, though I would caution any of our California customers about drawing undo scrutiny on themselves. As long as your gun is in a CA compliant configuration; you know and I know your okay. But it may cause you some hassles with the uninformed.

Screw the LE markings. I much prefer the "RESTRICTED: CIVILIAN USE ONLY" Markings :)

Blacky
09-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Or even a Duck Hunting dog would be cool ;)

GenLee
09-23-2008, 12:35 PM
+1 for KaiserWorks and Kaiser Defense, I've been through their facility. These are awesome lowers, The .308 OLL's are just radiculously cool! These guys are not hobbiest's they are very profesional as are their products. They are doing a great thing for all of us here in Ca. Support them as much as you all can.

Another mention here is they go SoCal Gun's on board with OLL's, These guys deserve our business.

Bowser
09-23-2008, 1:28 PM
Slickside lowers?

DedEye
09-23-2008, 3:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Kaiser! I think the logo looks just fine when not painted in, and that the logo on the .308 prototype that was posted looks better still than the one from the Gunbroker link. Either way, glad to have you on board and supporting the CA OLL movement.

Axewound
09-23-2008, 3:58 PM
yeah sign me up...where do you guys sell from in SD as well as whats the going rate

kaiserworks
09-23-2008, 4:01 PM
yeah sign me up...where do you guys sell from in SD as well as whats the going rate

In San Diego, call SoCalGun 858-571-2020.

CHS
09-23-2008, 5:29 PM
In San Diego, call SoCalGun 858-571-2020.

Do you distribute to any other dealers in the OC/LA area? J&J Armory or Ammo Bro's for example?

I'd love to support a true California OLL, but I can't justify driving to San Diego and back, twice, to do it :)

kaiserworks
09-23-2008, 5:35 PM
Do you distribute to any other dealers in the OC/LA area? J&J Armory or Ammo Bro's for example?

I'd love to support a true California OLL, but I can't justify driving to San Diego and back, twice, to do it :)

No need to drive. We're an FFL, we can transfer to your local FFL where you'll do the normal paperwork/waiting period.

CHS
09-23-2008, 6:41 PM
No need to drive. We're an FFL, we can transfer to your local FFL where you'll do the normal paperwork/waiting period.

Yeah, I understand that. Problem is, if I have a receiver transferred (meaning it's not something they normally stock), they'll charge a transfer fee for receiving. At that point, I'm saving wear and tear by not driving, but still paying for the gas :) And for a store that already carries lowers, it would be silly to pay extra transfer fees.

That's why I asked specifically about distributing to other stocking dealers.

nobs11
09-23-2008, 6:50 PM

That was my question as well. It would hugely benefit your business if you manage to get local dealers to carry your lowers. If not all, then just the 4-5 popular ones that are known on calguns. Often, the $65-100 that the customer spends in transfers fees does not make it worth his while.

Pryde
09-23-2008, 6:56 PM
Yeah, I understand that. Problem is, if I have a receiver transferred (meaning it's not something they normally stock), they'll charge a transfer fee for receiving. At that point, I'm saving wear and tear by not driving, but still paying for the gas :) And for a store that already carries lowers, it would be silly to pay extra transfer fees.

Its cheaper to buy and pay the $30 - $50 for transfer than it is to pay the markup that places would end up putting on the lower.

(Example: these lowers are $120, Ammobros charges $189 for all of their lowers)
If you're FFL is charging more than $50 for a transfer, its time to find a new one.

Blacky
09-23-2008, 6:57 PM
Would anyone in this thread be interested in putting together a group buy with Kaiser Defense? I'm thinking about the KR5 5.56 lower (http://thekaiserworks.com/products/firearms.php). I'm down for at least one.

CHS
09-23-2008, 7:22 PM
Its cheaper to buy and pay the $30 - $50 for transfer than it is to pay the markup that places would end up putting on the lower.

(Example: these lowers are $120, Ammobros charges $189 for all of their lowers)
If you're FFL is charging more than $50 for a transfer, its time to find a new one.

Yeah, Ammobros is way overpriced.

However, J&J has spikes lowers for 135$ all the time :)

I'm in the market for about 3 more lowers (for now) relatively soon, so I'm just thinking about my options. I still really love the idea of California-made AR receivers.

glockk9mm
09-23-2008, 8:24 PM
Would anyone in this thread be interested in putting together a group buy with Kaiser Defense? I'm thinking about the KR5 5.56 lower (http://thekaiserworks.com/products/firearms.php). I'm down for at least one.

I would also be in for one if there was a group buy.

Blacky
09-23-2008, 9:14 PM
Would this get more attention if I posted a new thread in the Marketplace sections?

ENTHUSIAST
09-23-2008, 9:28 PM
+1 Wow, I was VERY impressed as GenLee stated these guys are about as far from the garage/hobby types as it can get, they had some SERIOUS Technology/Hardware :43: working together to create an EXCELLENT fit and finish on their OLLs.

It was like a nursery full of baby OLLs :wub: from raw forgings to mag wells ready to be EDMed to the final baby bottom smooth finished receivers!!!

These guys were also knowlegable about the OLL situation, friendly and professional as well as TRUE firearms enthusiasts through and through!

Their precision manufacturing and fabrication specialist gave me an idea of their custom possibilities and all I can say is...

kaiserworks PM Sent :)

P.S. I got a chance to verify with my own eyes they have and are currently producing OLLs under some VERY well known and well liked names in the AR world you probably already own something made by KD and may not even know it, I did! ;)

freakshow10mm
09-24-2008, 10:18 AM
They must marked the receiver with the caliber. Multi is acceptable.

Axewound
09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
im in for group buy

hack job
09-24-2008, 1:17 PM
+1 on the group buy. I would be intrested in one.

freakshow10mm
09-24-2008, 9:00 PM
P.S. I got a chance to verify with my own eyes they have and are currently producing OLLs under some VERY well known and well liked names in the AR world you probably already own something made by KD and may not even know it, I did! ;)
That's the beauty of this industry. There is so much subcontracting going on it's unbelievable.

darkest2000
09-24-2008, 9:40 PM
example:

RESTRICTED
MILITARY/GOVERNMENT
LAW ENFORCEMENT
USE ONLY

Why would you want to engrave something that serves as a painful reminder of the result of 1994 AWB and that of anti-gun politician's stupidity?

fusionstar
09-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Why would you want to engrave something that serves as a painful reminder of the result of 1994 AWB and that of anti-gun politician's stupidity?

We cant afford to forget about what happened.

kaiserworks
10-10-2008, 6:37 PM
Hey guys, my website (which wasn't much to begin with) got hacked last week. I'm salvaging what I can but in the interim, call or use this email with questions:

Greg
Kaiser Defense
sales@thekaiserworks.com
619-987-4764

soopafly
10-10-2008, 8:32 PM
That explains why my emails were suddenly being ignored;)...

Another email has been sent with our complete correspondence along with another copy of the lower receiver mock up.

chsk9
10-11-2008, 1:02 AM
why can't MUD get these guys to make the BLACKSTAR set up????

DedEye
10-11-2008, 2:15 AM
Hey guys, my website (which wasn't much to begin with) got hacked last week. I'm salvaging what I can but in the interim, call or use this email with questions:

Greg
Kaiser Defense
sales@thekaiserworks.com
619-987-4764

PM sent.

tenpercentfirearms
10-11-2008, 9:50 AM
why can't MUD get these guys to make the BLACKSTAR set up????

Probably because it is a doomed project. I try to refrain from raining on everyone's Blackstar parade, but lets look at reality. Very few people want a "California only" rifle. They want standard AR15s that can be converted back once SB-23 goes away or if societal order breaks down. And with all of the featureless and fixed magazine options, the cost of making a proprietary system far outweighs the possible profit.

Let the Blackstar project die, unless you want to spend all of your money on it. Then who am I to tell you what to do.

tenpercentfirearms
10-17-2008, 5:56 PM
Great news, I decided to try out these Kaiser Defense KR5 lowers and man, they are sweet. They have nice lines, great machining, and their finish is wonderful.

Now I haven't built one just yet, but from the looks of them, they are nice. I think I might have to add one to my own personal inventory.

I will let you guys know when I build one up how they go together. If their function is as good as their looks, I will highly recommend them.

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/bmz_cache/9/94492d1e906a1fe3c7188491bef49b73.image.750x387.jpg

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=601

You know, I am kind of wondering if I really need my OG Stag I brought in on that first shipment back in December 2005. I am not as into the deer head anymore. I might have to sell it and get me a KR5 instead. The sad thing is I already have two or three lowers in my safe unbuilt and I really don't need another lower, but that is the problem with owning a gun shop.

Captain Evilstomper
10-18-2008, 1:20 AM
The sad thing is I already have two or three lowers in my safe unbuilt and I really don't need another lower, but that is the problem with owning a gun shop.

i hate you so much right now:p

GuyW
10-18-2008, 10:01 AM
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/bmz_cache/9/94492d1e906a1fe3c7188491bef49b73.image.750x387.jpg

It'd be kool just to own a gun that says "San Diego CA" on it...

JandJArmory
10-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Calguns. I have met with Kaiser Defense during the week and have some of their lowers in stock. Very cool. And very detailed. Please stop by for one they are 189.99

GuyW
10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
....would it be possible to get some custom "LE-style" markings put on the other side of my OLL?
example:

RESTRICTED
MILITARY/GOVERNMENT
LAW ENFORCEMENT
USE ONLY

...nothing like limiting the market and gutting the resale value....

CHS
10-18-2008, 12:56 PM

Not really.

You can write whatever you want on the receiver. It can be marked "Boeing 747-killing monster machinegun unicorn-slayer, for terrorist sales ONLY" and as a civilian you could still buy a hundred of them. It could even be marked "Cal. 30mm" and wouldn't change anything.

It's just a receiver. As long as it's not an M16 receiver (which has more holes and has a larger internal FCG well), civilians can buy them just fine.

hoffman259
10-18-2008, 4:54 PM
I would be in for a group buy on these.

Pryde
10-18-2008, 5:26 PM
A lot of the time, group buys can end up going wrong depending on who the organizer is, and either people's orders get lost, it takes way longer than expected or people don't end up forking over the cash and too many end up being ordered. Even if the manufacturer is not involved directly in the group buy, their reputation may suffer.

The lower is available at a pretty reasonable price, why would you run that sort of risk just to save $10?

tenpercentfirearms
10-18-2008, 5:32 PM
A lot of the time, group buys can end up going wrong depending on who the organizer is, and either people's orders get lost, it takes way longer than expected or people don't end up forking over the cash and too many end up being ordered. Even if the manufacturer is not involved directly in the group buy, their reputation may suffer.

The lower is available at a pretty reasonable price, why would you run that sort of risk just to save $10?

Because it is a group buy! Everyone loves a group buy. :rolleyes:

I am with you 100% Pryde and I am not sure how often that happens. Just spend the money and get it now.

WilsonCQB
10-18-2008, 5:32 PM
Kaiser Defense lowers are now IN STOCK as of last Thursday at J&J Armory.

Get them while they're hot.

ENTHUSIAST
10-26-2008, 2:38 PM

Really HMMMM... LMT doesnt seem to think so, but what do they know....

Even though they ACTUALLY charge $20. more for it!!! ;)

http://www.lewismachine.net/store.php?cid=4&session=31e008df434befa5e6408f4591ee13a1

item # L7C2L* $350. *L= LEO(Law Enforcement Only)markings

item # L7C2 $330.

OH BTW, since it is comming directly from the manufacturer and NOT just aftermarket engraving, ALL custom engraving work is done prior to being hard ANODIZED so the finished product is actually BETTER than the $20. option LMT offers which is NOT engraved at all, but rather merely PAINTED on the surface... :rolleyes:

One more thing, since I dont intend to sell my CUSTOM KR5 lower(s) I dont really care about resale value... but I did also get an "EVIL" CUSTOM serial that would probably make a few uncomfortable and others drool :drool5: ... some *MIGHT* actually even think that ONE-OF-KIND feature alone lends itself to being thought of as more "EVIL"/VALUEABLE...

But then again you are probably right no one would want to buy it for spit... especially with those hideous AUTO markings on both sides! :eek: :willy_nilly: :D

hamster
11-21-2008, 11:22 PM
I just bought one of these lowers at SoCal Gun. And after reading about them in this thread, I'm very happy to see that I'm supporting a local company, and getting a quality piece. Only 8 more days.

dawson06
11-21-2008, 11:39 PM
I am picking mine up tomorrow. :D

Pvt. Cowboy
11-21-2008, 11:45 PM

How about a Pickelhaube?

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7abf/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/bavariacolonel.pickelhaube.jpg.w300h352.jpg

alleyehave
11-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Yeah, im getting mine next saturday, very happy to support a local business, and even more stoked to have an OLL that says San Diego, CA on it...

TheHeckler
11-22-2008, 1:22 AM
I bought mine on the 7th and picked it up last monday on the 17th. I've got to say, I was stoked to see a local built OLL but I was even more impressed when I compared it hand in hand with a MEGA lower. I had them side by side and looking very closely at them both for 5 minutes and the quality on these KD lowers are top notch! I wasnt even planning on getting a lower that day, I went in to inquire about another rifle and I saw the KD lower on display and bought it on the spot! Now I'm just waiting for a full KD upper assembly to spend my money on :patriot:

odysseus
11-22-2008, 6:55 AM
If I get another one, I will look for a Kaiser. Way to support a local manufacturer making what looks to be quality OLLs.

missiontrails
11-22-2008, 9:57 AM
Pick mine up in 3 days from So Cal Gun. FedEx has my Bushmaster Dissipator 16" and A3 National Match 20" uppers.

alleyehave
11-22-2008, 11:07 AM
I bought mine on the 7th and picked it up last monday on the 17th. I've got to say, I was stoked to see a local built OLL but I was even more impressed when I compared it hand in hand with an Omega lower. I had them side by side and looking very closely at them both for 5 minutes and the quality on these KD lowers are top notch! I wasnt even planning on getting a lower that day, I went in to inquire about another rifle and I saw the KD lower on display and bought it on the spot! Now I'm just waiting for a full KD upper assembly to spend my money on :patriot:

Wow, they are making custom uppers or just assembling it? Id definitely be in on one..

AlliedArmory
11-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Wow, they are making custom uppers or just assembling it? Id definitely be in on one..

i dont believe they make them yet. i think hes just saying hes waiting til they do mane one

Jarhead
11-22-2008, 11:35 AM
don't forget the Grizzly Bear

ldsnet
11-22-2008, 5:21 PM
I picked up one of these from SoCal Gun on the 7th. After the required 10 day wait I picked it up on the 18th, and built it up in less than an hour. Workmanship was perfect and the LPK dropped in just as it was supposed to. Now I have to live through the wait until X-Mas for the upper to arrive.

http://www.powertrip.net/~larry/kaiserlower.jpg

GI-M1
11-22-2008, 11:46 PM
If you do not have an FFL, what is the best method to get a Kaiser at the lowest price??

What are they going for these days??? (late November).

Last question.....what upper will their (308) lower receiver match up to??

I started this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

BlackonBlack
11-23-2008, 5:56 PM
I am picking up my KD lower this Wednesday. I bought it last Saturday. I paid 189 for the lower 266 out the door with a bullet button. The same lower sells for 289 at J an J. I met the staff at Kaiser defense and they are all great guys, extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They definitely have a state of the art facility there in San Diego.

gkra
11-28-2008, 8:12 PM
I picked up a Kaiser Defense lower from SoCal Guns last month, and built up the rifle (with my RRA Upper & U-15 stock).

I've only had a chance to put ~30 rounds through the rifle so far (got to the range very late) but I'm very happy with it.

I live in the San Diego area, so being able to buy from a local shop something that was made by a local company made me happy.

hamster
11-28-2008, 8:45 PM
i can get mine this monday!!!! now I gotta find a LPK.

veeklog
11-28-2008, 9:01 PM
I have one Anvil Arms OLL that needs to be built, but after meeting the guys of Kaiser Defense, seeing their product up close, and living in San Diego, I will say that I will buying one more OLL for Christmas gift. They make a quality product, and it is hands down one of the best OLL's I have seen and felt. They have my business!!

hamster
12-01-2008, 8:32 PM
got mine today :)

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/kamihamster/IMG_0101.jpg

Hamster16
12-01-2008, 10:13 PM
i didnt know what i was buying when i bought my kd lower. i knew i just wanted a lower because everyone else was buying them so i asked what they recommend and they sold me the kd. when i picked it up i was glad i got it just because it said made in san diego ca.

USMC Tanker
12-02-2008, 2:50 PM
Hey fellas...

I just bought a Kaiser Defense lower receiver from SoCal Guns.

When I inspected their display receiver, I was thoroughly impressed. The finish was immaculate and the craftsmanship was flawless. A very clean component.

I was worried about their logo, as online it appears to be glaringly big. Once I saw it in person, it actually looked okay!

I can't wait for the 13th!

USMC Tanker
12-20-2008, 10:09 PM
So Cal Guns....

NoSmoke
12-23-2008, 3:09 AM

There's one in every crowd...

I have a few of these lowers and they are "a cut above" the rest. I would like to see them offer more AR products. They are first rate!

Waiting for the 7.62 version!

cgseanp1
12-23-2008, 7:14 AM
Just picked up mine yesterday from so cal gun. This is my first AR build so I don't have much to compare to, but the lower seems very nice!

becxltoo984
12-23-2008, 7:32 PM
Compared to Spike's tactical Kaiser finish Is much nicer . More mil spec looking. JK supply was selling some last week but I think they might be all gone .

jksupplyco
12-23-2008, 9:39 PM
Compared to Spike's tactical Kaiser finish Is much nicer . More mil spec looking. JK supply was selling some last week but I think they might be all gone .

I got in more!!! I have a bunch, as does Wes @ TenPercent, but I don't know how long they will last!

becxltoo984
12-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Bump !

eaglemike
12-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Kaiser made a batch (or more) of Spike's in the last few months.... So I'm guessing the Spike's finish will vary if they have them made different places.
all the best,
Mike

becxltoo984
12-23-2008, 11:28 PM
The anodized color of the Kaiser defense JK supply is selling was a dead on match for my Stag H 1 upper. My Spikes Tactical is more of a semi gloss appearance . I also like the fact they are made San Diego . :cool2:

BLACK LION
01-06-2009, 4:59 PM
I SMELL GROUP BUY....

GaryPowersLives
01-06-2009, 5:02 PM
J&J Armory (another forum sponsor) sells them too

EvolvedRaven
01-06-2009, 5:24 PM
Hopefully mine comes in before my 10 days! Thanks JK Supply!

OnSightFirearms
01-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I got 4 Kaisers...sitting on Wes' shelf at Ten Percent....when he comes back from Shot Show...I think I'm going to the range. :cool:

robsheedy87
01-13-2009, 11:58 PM
nice just purchased a kaiser d lower today, thanks to kd and jj armory

Agro
01-15-2009, 11:06 AM
What is SoCal Gun charging for one of the Kaiser lowers? They require you to buy with the BB right. That's cool.. I may stop in today

** Edit ** I saw on another thread:
So Cal Gun in Kearny Mesa had top-notch Kaiser Defense OLL's in stock last week when I was there. They run about 189 IIRC. Kaiser is a local SD company with a great reputation, I recommend them.

RePete
01-29-2009, 9:00 PM
I purchased several of their lowers and they have held up great so far. I ran several tousand rounds through one lower with both my Colt and DPMS uppers without issue. Both fit good and functioned properly on my lower. If my 10rd. Magazine wasn't fixed, the flared mag-well opening looks like it would be a nice upgrade compared to some of the recievers on the market today. The falt-black finish is quality too.

Mazilla
02-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Buying mine this week. Ask about the LEO and military discount....In fact researching the KD lower is what helped me find this site, and I'm sure glad i did.

SwissFluCase
02-09-2009, 11:27 AM
I picked mine up last week. Very well built. I like the logo. It is certainly better built than the Bushmasters I had in the 1990s.

When is Kaiser Defense going to come out with an upper?

Regards,

SwissFluCase

DaGOat
02-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I just purchased two of these lowers (stripped) this weekend from Ryan at JK supply. Just a note the engraving on the side isnt etched in white like it shows on Kaiser Defense's website. The two I have are etched and thats it!

SDJim
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I got to fondle one of these receivers at American Shooting Center over on Ruffin Rd. One of the "prettiest" lowers I've even seen. Not a machine mark or flashing to be seen.
I would like to pick up one that was marked "MULTI" as opposed to 5.56. I might have to thin the OLL herd in the safe first though . . .

Agro
02-09-2009, 1:11 PM
I just purchased two of these lowers (stripped) this weekend from Ryan at JK supply. Just a note the engraving on the side isnt etched in white like it shows on Kaiser Defense's website. The two I have are etched and thats it!

About a month or so ago I actually called KD and asked them about that. They said they originally colored the engarvings but a lot of people wanted them without. Then with the high demand, they decided to just leave them out and not only would it satisfy a lot of people, but they could get more out the door.

All future KD come without the paint in the engravings.

Blacklist231
02-09-2009, 2:10 PM
are they selling thed direct yet? I remember reading something about that in this thread?

Rick530
02-09-2009, 2:41 PM
We can mark receivers any way we choose as a federally licensed manufacturer. It takes some set up so we do charge an extra fee for custom engraving. As a Chargers fan we could put the "lightning Bolt" on the other side of your magwell, incorporate your birthday in the serial, put the badge of your police dept, ect ect. As for marking it with "RESTRICTED... ", its legal for us to do, though I would caution any of our California customers about drawing undo scrutiny on themselves. As long as your gun is in a CA compliant configuration; you know and I know your okay. But it may cause you some hassles with the uninformed. PM sent...

rumble phish
02-09-2009, 8:44 PM
I posted this on another thread, but having built four AR's off of the Kaiser KD5 lower, I have to say that KD makes a quality piece and the finish is immaculate! I was so impressed that I was kicking myself that I bought Stag lowers. i used mil spec 16" M4/A3 flat top kits from Sherluk Marketing (another great company to deal with) and these AR's were freaking awesome. The kits from Sherluk all had M4 feed ramps and the mil spec lower parts kits went right into the KD lowers without a problem. The KD lowers finish make my Stag STAG-15's look like junkyard fare in comparison. I will be building a couple more AR's and I WILL be using the KD5 as the base of my builds :thumbsup:

NoSmoke
02-10-2009, 1:59 AM
I want a Kaiser lower. Does anyone have one?

Thanks.

Contact Greg at Kaiser Defense, greg@thekaiserworks.com . He'll have you send a postal money order and your FFL info. Usually ships within a week.

The last price I paid was $189 + tax + shipping, about $205.

AEC1
02-10-2009, 10:05 AM
I pick up on SAt at Royal Loan, cant wait. As A local San Diegan, I have to say having a home grown lower rocks! Now lets complete it with an upper....

kuerbo619
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
just ordered mine at american shooting center.
$239 out the door isn't that bad

Dismal_Scientist
02-10-2009, 4:12 PM
Was that the $199 including BB + taxes + fees?

shooterfpga
02-10-2009, 4:44 PM
thats what i was told, at ASC. but he only has about 25 coming in soon. half of which are already spoken for. i paid $318 i think it was at socalguns, for the OLL, BB, taxes and fees, but atleast they had it.

kuerbo619
02-10-2009, 5:21 PM
sorry for my ignorance, but whats BB?

ProlificARProspect
02-10-2009, 5:29 PM

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj8/ProlificARProspect/guess20what.jpg

Here you go:thumbsup:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=56818

Mazilla
02-10-2009, 5:32 PM

175.00 with military or LEO discount direct from KD....plus fees

ProlificARProspect
02-10-2009, 5:34 PM

He was referring to a Bullet Button included in the price.

kuerbo619
02-10-2009, 6:05 PM
yes it was included.:kest:

Agro
02-10-2009, 8:43 PM
Was that the $199 including BB + taxes + fees?

They might just make you sign a doc stating you will abide by CA law and either install a fixed mag (or BB, etc.). Royal Loan doesn't require you buy a Prince 50/BB/etc.

slick_711
02-10-2009, 9:01 PM
They might just make you sign a doc stating you will abide by CA law and either install a fixed mag (or BB, etc.). Royal Loan doesn't require you buy a Prince 50/BB/etc.

When I picked up my lower at Royal Loan they made me sign a similar statement, are they no longer doing that? Besides, if you're going to adhere to the law, what's the problem with signing a release of liability for them? :confused:

kuerbo619
02-19-2009, 5:24 PM
just got the call that they got them in. 10 days to go

5aa12
02-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Royal loan gets them in groups of 25-50..you can go down and put a deposit on what you want and they will call you when it comes in. They are now $209, no BB required, just sign the waiver and your GTG.

Has anyone else encountered any issues when installing your LPK and Buffer tube? The anodizing is really nice on the KD but it makes things supper tight from my experience. Installing the buffer tube in particular was a real B*tch!

skale240
02-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Royal loan gets them in groups of 25-50..you can go down and put a deposit on what you want and they will call you when it comes in. They are now $209, no BB required, just sign the waiver and your GTG.

Has anyone else encountered any issues when installing your LPK and Buffer tube? The anodizing is really nice on the KD but it makes things supper tight from my experience. Installing the buffer tube in particular was a real B*tch!

There were a lot of posts regarding the tightness :D ...I had the same problem with one tube...tried another and it went on easier. Another guy had a thread about it a couple of months ago and the owner of KD posted and suggested to use some grease. None the less, a great lower from a local company! I own 2 and I also go to Royal to get'em :thumbsup:

franco802
02-22-2009, 2:36 PM
175.00 with military or LEO discount direct from KD....plus fees

Yep, I'm picking mine up tomorrow:)

becuzicare
02-22-2009, 2:37 PM
Don't change a thing..... Kaiser built liberty ships in the city of Richmond California during WWII. The Ford building is a National Historical Site within the City of Richmond. Which also is the home of "Rosie the Riviter." It was built by Henery J. Kaiser, and has the exact profile of KD's logo (smoke stacks and all). Which makes it cooler for me, cuz I spend half my life working in the city of "Pride and Purpose".

Mike's Custom
02-22-2009, 2:47 PM
I have to say, the Kaiser lowers I received are great inside and out. Excellent finish too. Next to the Stag it is at least its equal. I can't really test a build since I have no parts kits but they are selling well and my customers like them. Now, for some parts kits and uppers...

nicoroshi
02-22-2009, 2:49 PM
I love my KD lower. Good fit, and finish. only trouble is matching the upper finish to the KD lower finish (if you're vain like that).
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4454/dscn2196ix3.jpg

rumble phish
02-22-2009, 2:59 PM
I just got 3 KD-5's in (waiting my 10 days to pick'em up). I'll be building 2 16" flat tops and one 20" flat top all with railed gas blocks when my kits come in. This will make 7 builds off of KD lowers for me. IMHO they are the best lower for the money :up:

unamused
04-08-2009, 5:45 PM
whats a reasonable price for one of these now?

sd_shooter
04-08-2009, 5:56 PM
whats a reasonable price for one of these now?

American Shooting Center here in SD has them for $199 with a Bullet Button. I'd say that's pretty reasonable.

Nix78
04-08-2009, 5:59 PM

You got slapped with some corprate Love there man :smilielol5:

Nix78
04-08-2009, 6:02 PM
kaiser send some off your product to the Central Valley we need some more Mfgr. here the more the better

unamused
04-08-2009, 7:48 PM
hmm.. looks like wild bills in elk grove just got a shipment... 250, dunno if thats including a bullet button

capntroy
04-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I just ordered mine from GS Arms (www.arlowers.com), $165 plus $12 s&h to my FFL.

Stephanie was great to deal with and said she has plenty in stock.

unamused
04-09-2009, 2:16 AM
hmm.. guess im gonna wait then. or try to find a FFL that does transfers.

zman
04-09-2009, 8:17 AM
Yup! I have to agree. I am not loving the non-matching finish. Overall looks great though.

I love my KD lower. Good fit, and finish. only trouble is matching the upper finish to the KD lower finish (if you're vain like that).

csorin
04-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Just ordered one for 185 shipped to my FFL. Price after FFL fees will be below the base price of our local stores. Don Gussler in Santee does totally affordable transfers.

Nix78
04-14-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't know the unmatched finish looks as if your a customizer ...........................I like it

Jwood562
04-14-2009, 10:45 AM
its funny how they are made in california but some out of state companies wont sell them to Ca????

http://pkfirearms.com/store/get_items.aspx?type=0&term=177

missiontrails
04-14-2009, 11:36 AM
its funny how they are made in california but some out of state companies wont sell them to Ca????

http://pkfirearms.com/store/get_items.aspx?type=0&term=177
Probably a non-compete clause. Kaiser does not want to take business from his local SD vendors. Now, if our local vendors couldjust sell them for what out of state vendors do. PK Firearms has them now for $160. We are getting scammed in So Kal.

Jwood562
04-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Probably a non-compete clause. Kaiser does not want to take business from his local SD vendors. Now, if our local vendors couldjust sell them for what out of state vendors do. PK Firearms has them now for $160. We are getting scammed in So Kal.

oh I see. good point. I just thought it looked funny to have a lower made in cali and can't be sold to cali

slick_711
04-15-2009, 12:43 AM
We are getting scammed in So Kal.

Where do you shop? Go get one at American Shooting Center... $239 with bullet button installed.

$239 - $25 (bb) = $214 - S&H from online vendor = $200 - receiving fee = $160... your out of pocket sounds about the same either way, only instead of the receiving fee you are paying my wages (literally hahaha).

Make sure you give me the secret Calguns handshake.

And if that still seems a scam to you, well... I'm poor, I have bills to pay, and my boss has overhead beyond just my wages. So we'll just have to agree to disagree.

makav3li
05-03-2009, 10:04 AM
I just ordered mine from GS Arms (www.arlowers.com), $165 plus $12 s&h to my FFL.

Stephanie was great to deal with and said she has plenty in stock.

they are doing 20 bucks off for the month of may, just checked. very tempted since i want one that says san diego on it.

Swatter911
05-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I bought two from GS Arms as well for my father and me. The lowers were great and went together without a hitch. BBs and 10 round mags came from our friends at Riflegear. Mine will be the foundation of my DMR build. These KD lowers are an excellent piece of craftsmanship and we get to support a California AR company to boot!

glock_this
05-03-2009, 4:48 PM

so what exactly is that logo? 2 factory smoke stacks next to the water? I appreciate they are made in SD, where I live, but still.. what exactly is it?

Richie Caketown
05-03-2009, 4:57 PM
Royal Loan in san diego has the KD lowers for 200 , thats better than that police store that wants 230 and DGM has the Spikes lowers for 220

nicoroshi
05-03-2009, 5:37 PM
so what exactly is that logo? 2 factory smoke stacks next to the water? I appreciate they are made in SD, where I live, but still.. what exactly is it?

This:

BTW That's my favorite lower. :)

Richie Caketown
05-03-2009, 5:44 PM
it looks like a great quality piece , but they need to fix that logo

nicoroshi
05-03-2009, 5:48 PM
it looks like a great quality piece , but they need to fix that logo
The Spike's Tactical lowers that have serials that start with 'KAI' were made by Kaiser Defense if the twin towers don't appeal to you. Personally I could care less about the logo, and am more concerned with fit, and finish.

Richie Caketown
05-03-2009, 5:53 PM
^that is actually what happened , i heard great things about the KD .. wasnt to thrilled with the visual side of it , then went and bought the Spikes Lower

glock_this
05-03-2009, 6:39 PM
This:

yes...yes.. clearly I know what the logo LOOKS like.. :yes: I was asking what IS it?

n2k
05-03-2009, 6:59 PM
yes...yes.. clearly I know what the logo LOOKS like.. :yes: I was asking what IS it?

Factory with two smoke stacks

World Standard Logo:
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/n2kphotos/factoryLogo.jpg

Richie Caketown
05-03-2009, 7:00 PM
its an old mill pictured on there isnt it? 2 stacks and one of those angled roof type deals , i believe at some point in time they were a shipyard and steel mill

edit n2k beat me by a minute

paladin4415
05-03-2009, 8:17 PM
The logo is a representation of the Kaiser steel mill that was in Fontana.

Agro
05-03-2009, 8:32 PM
They match LaRue uppers Perfectly !!!!:)

I concur, it looks great on my LaRue upper. I wish I could split it off and make something else out of it and add a LaRue billet lower, but oh well.

esqui2809
05-05-2009, 4:11 PM
which is better dpms or double star uppers

Richie Caketown
05-05-2009, 4:15 PM
link to either of them? i would say DS

afro
05-05-2009, 4:26 PM
I find it hilariously ironic that Gunbroker dealers won't sell KD lowers to Californians.

titan
05-05-2009, 10:54 PM
They are top notch lowers!

rbetts
05-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Just spoke to my good friend at the factory. Look for matched uppers soon and some nifty smoking cool looking barrels (that is a huge fluted stainless 20-24 inch secret).

I have a regular supply of lowers if anyone needs one, and if you are local. . . . .$35.00 transfer fee plus DROS!!

now to go stick them on the website!!

RangerRoy
05-06-2009, 7:46 AM
I bought four from the last group buy. Completed 2 9mm Ar's and a 5.56. All the fit were perfect and functioned well. Can't complain about the quality.

Mazilla
05-06-2009, 8:08 AM
I find it hilariously ironic that Gunbroker dealers won't sell KD lowers to Californians.

I ALWAYS bug them about that, it cracks me up.

MallNinja
07-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Ok so Kaiser makes Spikes lowers right? But do they also make Noveske lowers? Because I checked them out side by side and can almost definitely say that the Noveske and Kaiser lowers are identical besides finish and markings.

slick_711
07-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Ok so Kaiser makes Spikes lowers right? But do they also make Noveske lowers? Because I checked them out side by side and can almost definitely say that the Noveske and Kaiser lowers are identical besides finish and markings.

Noveske and Spikes both have more than one source for their lowers, but yes, Kaiser makes both. There is no doubt that Kaiser is a top quality lower.

buochie
08-16-2009, 11:12 PM
wow, those are clean!

gunslinger001
02-03-2010, 1:23 AM
I live in Norwalk, anyone know of a local dealer to me.

Lurch762
02-03-2010, 7:06 AM
You'll want to look for a JD Machine lower. Kaiser Defense is out of business and they guys that were making lowers started JD Machine. Same great quality, just a different name. RifleGear.com has JD lowers and they're in Costa Mesa.

SOCAL INFIDEL
02-04-2010, 7:13 PM
I live in Norwalk, anyone know of a local dealer to me.

Hey Gunslinger, did you go to the gun show in costa mesa last weekend? JD machine was there slangin' some great lowers. I was going to get one since they were only 90 bucks, but I had just blew my wad on a stag 2T from CWS

Trendkill
02-04-2010, 8:18 PM
And from the dead this thread doth rose....

Joerocker
02-04-2010, 8:20 PM
I want a Kaiser lower, Can I get one in the Santa Barbara area?

ENTHUSIAST
02-04-2010, 8:34 PM
Hey look at how old school this thread is... this is too cool! :D
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1547315&postcount=2

Here you go:

http://www.jdmachinetech.com/

gunslinger001
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Does j & d sell direct, I mean does anyone know if they have an FFL to sell and register to individuals that walk in off the street?

vsy05
02-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Yes you can. You can get it direct from them. They also have booths at the So. Cali. gun shows (Del Mar and Costa Mesa).

Give Rob a call. He will take care of you. Great guy.

I'm not sure what pricing will be. Sometimes going straight to the manufacture is not the cheapest route. Manufactures have a business obligation to not undercut their wholesale dealers. They normally sell at MSRP.

But it doesn't hurt to give them a call and ask what you can work out.

Cokebottle
02-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Read the last few posts.

Kaiser is gone... has been for a couple of months.

JD Machine is the new company, Riflegear sells their lowers for $120... about $155 OTD with tax and DROS.

kaiserworks
02-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Read the last few posts.

Kaiser is gone... has been for a couple of months.

JD Machine is the new company, Riflegear sells their lowers for $120... about $155 OTD with tax and DROS.

Not sure about your local funstores (try them first) but original style Kaiser 5.56 lowers are available here (ask for Tina):

http://www.sogarmory.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=103593&Catid=182&ParentId=173

but you have to transfer them through your local FFL.

A former partner in Kaiser is now JD guns and has their own product. Standard AR stuff but decent quality.

KAISER is stronger, faster, lighter, more ground breaking than ever before. We are no longer making AR's like your grandmother or sunday school teacher used to use... because Californians deserve the newest cutting edge black guns that science, technology and the laws of physics allow!

7.62 receivers and complete rifles with true forward assist, newly designed and upgraded 5.56's. Short magnum calibers, wildcat calibers, removable barrels, Less lethal conversions, REACH system charging, integrated suppressors, a fine bottle of Scotch included with each purchase (just joking on that last part) and much more. A couple short vids will be out in a few, filmed in our booth at SHOT show and extreme target practice from a helo in the lone star state!

http://thekaiserworks.com/images/Kaiser-AD1.jpg

gunslinger001
02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
7.62 receivers and complete rifles with true forward assist, newly designed and upgraded 5.56's. Short magnum calibers, wildcat calibers, removable barrels, Less lethal conversions, REACH system charging, integrated suppressors, a fine bottle of Scotch included with each purchase (just joking on that last part) and much more. A couple short vids will be out in a few, filmed in our booth at SHOT show and extreme target practice from a helo in the lone star state!

Would an ar in .22-250 rem be possible? What would something like that run me?

Alaric
02-08-2010, 1:14 AM
Not sure about your local funstores (try them first) but original style Kaiser 5.56 lowers are available here (ask for Tina):

http://www.sogarmory.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=103593&Catid=182&ParentId=173

but you have to transfer them through your local FFL.

A former partner in Kaiser is now JD guns and has their own product. Standard AR stuff but decent quality.

KAISER is stronger, faster, lighter, more ground breaking than ever before. We are no longer making AR's like your grandmother or sunday school teacher used to use... because Californians deserve the newest cutting edge black guns that science, technology and the laws of physics allow!

http://thekaiserworks.com/images/Kaiser-AD1.jpg

Are you still using So Cal Guns as your retail outlet in SD or did that go to JD Guns?

kaiserworks
02-08-2010, 7:12 AM
So Cal Guns and Ca Police Equip in San Diego area. $2500 for basic rifle (like the black rifle in the pic except no optic included), as for 22-250, email me and I'll look into it, haven't made one in that caliber but it would be a cool chambering.

zman
02-08-2010, 8:16 AM
Kaiserworks, your new logo sure is nice. :thumbsup:

kaiserworks
02-08-2010, 8:31 AM
Kaiserworks, your new logo sure is nice. :thumbsup:

Thanks, the hex's and all the other "lightning cuts" are for styling (and because they look cool!) but we also used the styling to reduce every ounce of weight we could while reinforcing critical areas. Its worked out well, our upper/lower receiver sets are approx 8 ounces lighter than the competition. The factory logo is now used as a proof mark.

We also offer Match Grade SS/Carbon barrels that drastically reduce weight while increasing rigidity. People are shocked when they pic up our 7.62 carbine and it balances and feels lighter than their 5.56 rifle.

Cokebottle
02-08-2010, 9:02 PM
So Cal Guns and Ca Police Equip in San Diego area. $2500 for basic rifle (like the black rifle in the pic except no optic included),
For the .308/7.62? Very nice!

buochie
04-18-2010, 4:29 PM
nice lowers!

fliparch
04-18-2010, 4:45 PM
Up from the grave.

Saym14
04-18-2010, 8:03 PM
wow old thread

I have two KD's. heard they split up though and are now called JD. does this make my KD's collectable? :)

GrizzAwoken
04-18-2010, 9:53 PM
Kaiser split and is now two companies. JD Machine Tech occupies the same building as "old" Kaiser and continues to produce fantastic lowers and uppers (on the same machines that made the old Kaiser Lowers with essentially the same people). Their quality is as solid as ever =)

New Kaiser I believe has moved their production to somewhere in AZ (please correct me if I'm wrong) and are producing lowers and complete rifles in 7.62 currently and will soon have their 5.56 in production.

I can't speak for new Kaiser because I have not dealt with them yet, but I can share from personal experience that JD Machine has not only a fantastic product but customer service to match and I highly recommend them.

kaiserworks
05-14-2010, 9:32 AM
http://thekaiserworks.com/images/IMG_4617_edit2.jpg

pacrimguru
05-14-2010, 9:35 AM
that looks fun! can you tell us about it? specs? more detailed pics?

AIMSMALL
05-25-2010, 11:49 PM

Maybe you'd prefer a cute little kitty cat or a picture of bambi? perhaps a snake or a spider if you're wanting to look extra cool? :p

The logo actually has a history behind it which is pretty cool plus the fact that it says MFG. in SAN DIEGO, CA is pretty neat too.

Cokebottle
05-26-2010, 7:41 PM
Maybe you'd prefer a cute little kitty cat or a picture of bambi? perhaps a snake or a spider if you're wanting to look extra cool? :p

The logo actually has a history behind it which is pretty cool plus the fact that it says MFG. in SAN DIEGO, CA is pretty neat too.
Considering the post you responded to is almost 2 years old and the current Kaiser Defense is no longer using that logo....

JD Machine lowers also say "San Diego" on them.
Spikes, Noveske, and many others have been made on the same machines that made the original Kaisers and now make the JD.

AIMSMALL
05-26-2010, 11:21 PM
yes it's old but I just couldn't resist :devil2:

The new lowers are pretty cool I must admit, I just think it's funny that people think a buck or a spider is somehow "cool" and somthing like a steel mill isn't. Different strokes I guess.

RT13
05-27-2010, 12:56 AM
I look for high quality lowers with good finish, no seams, good fit, etc, not cool logos of animals or anything else lol. And Kaiser KR5 is probably one of the, if not, the best lower out there. Atleast use to. The JD's aren't bad and some others.

kaiserworks
05-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Good ole Henry J Kaiser was a manufacturing genius, so much so that we can't just use the name... he needs a symbol!!! I came up with it around '01 and its been on almost every product thats had room for it so far. It represents the Kaiser Works, which was a huge steel / manufacturing complex he built in Fontana, CA. At the time Fontana was in the middle of nowhere (some would argue it still is, ha ha) but the idea was that it would be far enough inland to escape enemy naval gunfire and invasion forces. This guy should be up there with Henry Ford and Thomas Edison. He should be taught about in schools to show the promise of America and what any man can achieve (even one that dropped out of school at age 13)! Please read about this great American!
http://home.earthlink.net/~peterferko/keweb/aboutke/history.htm

Again, you may want a bird or a snake (all very nice creatures) or some unknown guys initials or some completely made up name on you firearm, but for me, I'm damn proud to have Henry J's name on mine!

http://thekaiserworks.com/images/D.jpg

JimWest
05-27-2010, 5:24 PM
[QUOTE=kaiserworks;4355527]...the Kaiser Works, which was a huge steel / manufacturing complex he built in Fontana, CA....Damn proud to have Henry J's name on mine![QUOTE]

I should get one of these as a momento. I used to work for Kaiser steel at Eagle Mountain, the iron ore mine in the California desert. As close to Hell as I would ever want to get! :eek:

telcolineman
05-27-2010, 5:57 PM
I love my KD lower and the logo is GTG with me, When my FFL mentioned Kaiser steel I said I'll take 1 LOL

kaiserworks
05-27-2010, 9:03 PM
[QUOTE=kaiserworks;4355527]...the Kaiser Works, which was a huge steel / manufacturing complex he built in Fontana, CA....Damn proud to have Henry J's name on mine![QUOTE]

I should get one of these as a momento. I used to work for Kaiser steel at Eagle Mountain, the iron ore mine in the California desert. As close to Hell as I would ever want to get! :eek:

Did you know Henry J's history back when you worked there? It saddens me that the US has lost so much heavy industry over the past quarter century. The Kaiser Works is pretty much gone. The Kaiser shipyards are too. I hope that this nation can someday recover.

Cokebottle
05-27-2010, 9:09 PM
The Kaiser Works is pretty much gone. The Kaiser shipyards are too. I hope that this nation can someday recover.
Ya... California Steel now, but I rarely see any signs of activity and I'm not sure they're still going.
Much of the property became the speedway, and much of the slag heap down by the 10 has finally been cleaned up.

RT13
05-28-2010, 3:53 AM
I have two fantastic Kaiser lowers that I call my twins. Got them from a trade from a calgunner. Since their serial numbers follow each other, I hope it makes them more valuable. Not that I will sell them. The other one is still stripped while the other is a complete M4 already.

JimWest
05-28-2010, 3:29 PM
[QUOTE=JimWest;4357556][QUOTE=kaiserworks;4355527]...the Kaiser Works, which was a huge steel / manufacturing complex he built in Fontana, CA....Damn proud to have Henry J's name on mine!

Did you know Henry J's history back when you worked there? It saddens me that the US has lost so much heavy industry over the past quarter century. The Kaiser Works is pretty much gone. The Kaiser shipyards are too. I hope that this nation can someday recover.

Yes, I was aware of the history, at least as much as a 20 year old could be. It's a somewhat odd coincidence, my dad was a machinist at Kaiser Fontana for a brief period and my mom worked for Kaiser Permanente until she retired.
I rode my dirt bike back out to the old mine about a year and a half ago. All fenced off and boarded up. I did speak to a caretaker that watches the property for quite awhile and filled him in on a bit of the history. He truly felt sorry and sympathetic that he couldn't let me in or give a short guided tour but I understood they are under very strict orders to not allow anyone onto the property. Certainly brought back alot of memories and boy I could tell some stories! Times were better in 1970. :o

slick_711
05-28-2010, 5:15 PM
I look for high quality lowers with good finish, no seams, good fit, etc, not cool logos of animals or anything else lol. And Kaiser KR5 is probably one of the, if not, the best lower out there. Atleast use to. The JD's aren't bad and some others.

That makes no sense at all? The Kaiser KR5 and JD Machine TR1 are the exact same lower with different logos. They are made by the same machinists on the same machines in the same shop. Kaiser Works new .308 looks good too, so I have no comment there. How you can suggest the KR5 is a better 5.56 lower than the TR1 is simply illogical?

Tom_Berringer
05-28-2010, 6:59 PM
Again, you may want a bird or a snake (all very nice creatures) or some unknown guys initials or some completely made up name on you firearm, but for me, I'm damn proud to have Henry J's name on mine!

IMHO I would be proud to put my own initials on a product, even if unknown. I am still trying to figure out your relationship to Kaiser Steel:confused:

kaiserworks
05-28-2010, 8:31 PM
IMHO I would be proud to put my own initials on a product, even if unknown. I am still trying to figure out your relationship to Kaiser Steel:confused:

You could theoretically put your own name on a receiver, there are several companies that sell unfinished blanks that you can decorate however you like.

There is no Kaiser Steel today, Kaiser Aluminum is still around though.

Tom_Berringer
05-29-2010, 11:25 AM
You could theoretically put your own name on a receiver, there are several companies that sell unfinished blanks that you can decorate however you like.

There is no Kaiser Steel today, Kaiser Aluminum is still around though.

I could also in theory put Henry Ford's name on a lower and sell it, but I would probably have some legal repercussions from Ford Motor Co. to deal with. After viewing Kaiser Aluminum's website I fail to see the connection between them and Kaiser Military Technologies Inc. and the "Legacy" that it claims continue.

Cokebottle
05-29-2010, 8:22 PM
I could also in theory put Henry Ford's name on a lower and sell it, but I would probably have some legal repercussions from Ford Motor Co. to deal with. After viewing Kaiser Aluminum's website I fail to see the connection between them and Kaiser Military Technologies Inc. and the "Legacy" that it claims continue.
He's talking about 80% lowers (incomplete, usually used to build AR pistols), and some of the commercially available lowers that have no "rollmarks"... just the bare minimum required by the BATF.

You can put Henry Ford's name on your own lower for personal use, and some time down the line, you could even sell it.
But as you said... don't start manufacturing "Ford" lowers unless the company name is distinct from FoMoCo.... something like "Henry Ford Armament" and the owner (or his son or father) happen to be named "Henry".
That would fly without the oval script logo.