PDA

View Full Version : Krinkov with NDS-3?

NSR500
09-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Is it possible to build a Non-Folding Stock Krinkov Type AK on an NDS-3?

badicedog
09-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Is it possible to build a Non-Folding Stock Krinkov Type AK on an NDS-3?

I have a non folding Krink on a NDS 92 receiver, IM not sure about a NDS 3. I had Investment grade firearms do the build.

FEDUPWBS
09-21-2008, 10:27 PM
yes,

diddler
09-22-2008, 5:56 AM
I did something similar on an NDS-1, project isn't quite finished but starting with a Romy G kit and an NDS-1 I built what appears to be a suppressed Krinkov at first glance. Non-folding stock, full 16" barrel hidden by the fake suppressor, etc.

Bit of the thread here:

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36096

Ryan

savageevo
09-22-2008, 7:53 AM
The thing about ak is you can make several different combinations. For example if you have a amd 65 kit and a rom g kit, as long as you have the receiver for it you can have a rom front end and a amd folding rear end. So the answer is yes.

voodoo
09-22-2008, 9:01 AM
I'm new to the AK world, so please excuse the dumb questions:

What exactly is a Krinkov?

What differentiates it from a "short" AK?

Thanks

scotthmt
09-22-2008, 6:52 PM
you'd need to weld up a few rivet holes and drill a few more, still an easy job if you have the tools and skills, if not, send it to fedup he sure does

NSR500
09-22-2008, 8:03 PM
I'm new to the AK world, so please excuse the dumb questions:

Thanks

My .02 and I can be wrong here, but this is my interpretation...

Krinkov = SMG/PDW (Like a HK53)

Short AK47 = Carbine (Like a G3K)

scotthmt
09-22-2008, 8:42 PM
i'd like to see someone shoot a krink through a chrono, or even any ak pistol for that matter. I wonder how much velocity it loses through such a short barrel

diddler
09-23-2008, 5:51 AM

Thanks

Krinkov isn't really a correct term, think of it as a nickname for the Russian AKS-74U and a couple of its clones. I'm told its barely used outside of America, and not at all in the countries that actually have that style of weapon in use.

The AKS-74U is a side-folding triangular stock "Improved" AK style 5.45x39 caliber rifle with a very short barrel, special gas tube, fore-end, muzzle device that acts as a flash hider and expansion chamber to generate enough gas pressure to operate the weapon with such a short barrel.

http://lib.irismedia.org/sait/guns/assault/aks74u.jpg

Ryan

diddler
09-23-2008, 5:57 AM
i'd like to see someone shoot a krink through a chrono, or even any ak pistol for that matter. I wonder how much velocity it loses through such a short barrel

Good question, if you kept the same caliber you'd definitly loose velocity.

I do know that the Russians designed the barrel length of the AKS-74U around one very specific perameter: get the same muzzle velocity using the 5.45x39 round out of the short barrel as they got out of the 7.62x39 round out of the standard barrel.

How that helps, I don't really know, its still a lighter bullet and now its traveling without its crazy high velocity. Ummm, still wouldn't want to be hit with one though. :)

For these and other similar questions, I really recommend popping over to akfiles.com and start absorbing information, especially if anybody is considering building anything. (as opposed to just buying a rifle off the rack)

Ryan

jumbopanda
09-23-2008, 5:35 PM
From what I've heard, a 7.62x39 loses about 50 fps per inch of barrel length, which isn't too bad. 5.45x39 and .223 lose a lot more.