PDA

View Full Version : Range report on my Remington 700 SPS

usmcchet9296
09-21-2008, 6:33 PM
Finally finished my Remington 700 and took it to the range this sunday and these are my first 3 groups
http://www.oniva.com/upload/204/IMG_2151_copy.jpg

http://www.oniva.com/upload/204/IMG_2150_copy.jpg

I knew my gun could shoot better than it had been
after upgrading the stock I decided to do the full benchrest shooting with it and thats what i got. She is a real tack driver and looks good to boot.

http://www.oniva.com/upload/204/rangeday_sept08_6.JPG

AdamM
09-21-2008, 6:50 PM
great groups! good looking gun too

surfNshoot
09-21-2008, 7:13 PM
I watched him do it. Should have seen the smile on his face when he told me to take a look at those groups. Nice work buddy!!!!! How the hell am I gonna beat that???

hybridatsun350
09-21-2008, 7:28 PM
Great shooting, and with a darn good lookin' rifle! :)

MFortie
09-22-2008, 7:42 AM
Nice shooting and good looking rifle!

Where did you get that screen from? How does it mount? I could use something like that to keep from annoying folks with my LH OLL...

Thanks,

Mark

glockk9mm
09-22-2008, 7:54 AM
if your talking about the screen to stop the flying brass, it's provided by the range. It just mounts to the table mounts.

nobs11
09-22-2008, 8:25 AM
Nice.

What range is that? My local range looks nowhere as nice. At any time there are 2-3 "bubba" like characters around with bad hygiene, BO and missing teeth.

Is this just my impression or do other people get the feeling that Norcal ranges tend to be better than socal ranges (in the sense that you might want to bring your wife/girlfriend/kids along)?

Sorry about the thread jack.

Black Majik
09-22-2008, 8:28 AM
Nice shooting, and nice rifle!

Nice.

What range is that? My local range looks nowhere as nice. At any time there are 2-3 "bubba" like characters around with bad hygiene, BO and missing teeth.

Is this just my impression or do other people get the feeling that Norcal ranges tend to be better than socal ranges (in the sense that you might want to bring your wife/girlfriend/kids along)?

Sorry about the thread jack.

That range looks to be Angeles shooting range in Socal. Looks like the far end of the pistol side.

CCWFacts
09-22-2008, 8:33 AM
Wow! Very impressive.

nobs11
09-22-2008, 8:35 AM
That range looks to be Angeles shooting range in Socal. Looks like the far end of the pistol side.

I see. Thanks. Someone needs to make a list of "family friendly" ranges. I wouldn't take kids to Burro Canyon or any other "anything goes bubba mall ninjas thug life wannabe" range.

ldivinag
09-22-2008, 9:50 AM
speaking of which... that cheekpad. is that an add-on thing or did it come with the stock?

usmcchet9296
09-22-2008, 9:54 AM
speaking of which... that cheekpad. is that an add-on thing or did it come with the stock?

Its a add-on

just do a google search for kydex cheekrest

Jicko
09-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Finally finished my Remington 700 and took it to the range this sunday and these are my first 3 groups

I knew my gun could shoot better than it had been
after upgrading the stock I decided to do the full benchrest shooting with it and thats what i got. She is a real tack driver and looks good to boot.

Nice nice...

Can you list out your parts? And what have you done to it? (Any truing of the action, custom trigger, etc?)

PS. be sure to keep it clean and use oil to protect it, SPS has the tendency to RUST...

usmcchet9296
09-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Its a OTB SPS
not changes made to the barrel, reciever, or action
the stock is a B&C LTR with a Kydex cheek rest
the scope base is a IRO 25MOA
the rings are Burris XTR lowmounts
the Scope is a Falcon Menace 56mm in metric adjustments
Harris bipod and Accupod monopod
and yes I have noticed the finish is real porous and tends to rust