PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870 Express wood stock. Which recoil pad?

Titans
09-21-2008, 5:26 PM
I pick up my 870 express w/ wood stock on Thursday. I would like to order a good recoil pad. I was surfing cheaper than dirt for the Limbsavers but can't identify which one would fit. I see they have the wingmaster wood stock or the express synthetic pre fits. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

tziggs
09-21-2008, 8:30 PM
The 870 Express takes the SMALL slip-on recoil pad. Limbsaver item #10546. I recently purchased one for mine. I just pulled out the box to get the correct size and numbers.

btw...I love mine.

BlackDrop50
09-21-2008, 8:42 PM
Remington now makes a SuperCell recoil pad, supposed to be better than the Limbsaver. I have a factory Limbsaver/R3 on my 1100 and I've done 125 rounds in a day with no marks. Full and high power buck and slugs.

Titans
09-21-2008, 9:06 PM
The 870 Express takes the SMALL slip-on recoil pad. Limbsaver item #10546. I recently purchased one for mine. I just pulled out the box to get the correct size and numbers.

btw...I love mine.

Thanks for the advice fellas...

Tziggs, how does it look on the wood stock? Good fit? How about the feel and does it absorb recoil well?

tziggs
09-22-2008, 7:48 PM
Thanks for the advice fellas...

Tziggs, how does it look on the wood stock? Good fit? How about the feel and does it absorb recoil well?

Mine isn't the wood stock, but according to the Limbsaver info, all 870 Express' take the same size recoil pad. I'm assuming that means that all the 870 Express stocks are the same (or very similar) in size.

Fits just fine, but makes the stock about 1" longer in total length. It helped the gun fit me even better! It really helps the recoil well...way better than using only what was supplied with the gun.

I chose the Limbsaver over the other options after reading many users opinions on this...and other sites. Since I don't know anyone with a Limbsaver, I relied on other people's suggestions. I'm glad I went with it and now I highly recommended it.