PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or is there a huge opportunity

nazgulnarsil
09-21-2008, 5:06 PM
for someone versed in CA laws to make a killing converting various "free-state" legal rifles to CA compliance with a small markup? or are people already getting everything they want? I hear a lot of people complaining about out-of-state dealers refusing to deal with CA laws.

Jpach
09-21-2008, 5:11 PM
If I understand the question correctly, dealers in CA have already been selling ARs, AKs, FALs, HK rifles and virtually anything else "black" or "evil" for quite some time now. I hope that helps!

Guntech
09-21-2008, 5:11 PM
Its not that easy to get a FFL...and plenty of people are selling them to CA the problem is dealers in CA being ignorant and saying that everything is illegal.

X-NewYawker
09-21-2008, 5:13 PM
Isn't that what COldwar shooters does -- get guns (they're out of state) install mag locks and bullet buttons and then ship compliant rifles here?

nazgulnarsil
09-21-2008, 5:13 PM
yeah, i guess all the really cool stuff is governed by the NFA anyway. :( oh well.

aplinker
09-21-2008, 11:56 PM
AlohaRover (evil-black-rifles)

10mmfreakshow

LanWorld

ColdWar

few others...

Yeah, it's out there.

edittman1
09-22-2008, 12:06 AM
In particular, think CWS is definitely doing well as a result of many other "AR" shops that are out of state which are unwilling to sell to Californian's. Which is probably why many of their items are slightly above other shops cost. They know they are one of the only shops around willing to do business with us and so they're taking advantage of that.

I will say that CWS has a good selection of quality AR parts and has the stuff in stock most of the time.

aplinker
09-22-2008, 12:57 AM
In particular, think CWS is definitely doing well as a result of many other "AR" shops that are out of state which are unwilling to sell to Californian's. Which is probably why many of their items are slightly above other shops cost. They know they are one of the only shops around willing to do business with us and so they're taking advantage of that.

I will say that CWS has a good selection of quality AR parts and has the stuff in stock most of the time.

CWS has been doing it a long time, has an FFL in CA and TX, and sells to others besides CA, so they have a LOT of rifles going through their doors - which means they can get stuff many people can't, still.

thedrickel
09-22-2008, 1:06 AM
No ****!

edittman1
09-22-2008, 1:47 AM
CWS has been doing it a long time, has an FFL in CA and TX, and sells to others besides CA, so they have a LOT of rifles going through their doors - which means they can get stuff many people can't, still.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are a good shop. I just don't like their inflated prices.

Granted sometimes they are the only vendor that has what I may need that Rainier, DD's, JTAC, etc won't sell to us in CA. I wish those guys would get a clue and start making some money!

.22guy
09-22-2008, 10:05 PM
What about lanworld? Don't they do a fair job of getting Californian's what they want?

edittman1
09-22-2008, 10:46 PM
I believe so..