PDA

View Full Version : Falcon Menace 4-14X44 FFP with WHICH Larue mount?

xcrunner805
09-21-2008, 2:33 PM
Anyone have any experience with mounting a Falcon Menace 4-14X44 FFP scope on a Larue SPR mount? I will be purchasing a Falcon Menace and Larue mount to add to my AR-15. My choices are:

Larue Tactical SPR QD LT-104
Larue Tactical SPR-E QD LT-139 (Extended eye relief)
Larue Tactical SPR-S QD LT-158
Larue Tactical SPR/M4 1.93" QD LT-135 (1.93" above rail)

One question I had was what is the difference between the LT-104 and the LT-158?

I am unsure to what will feel/work the best for me as the scope has about a 4" eye relief. I had a Eotech 557 on my AR but never have mounted an optical scope on it. Need advice on a mount please! Thanks.

09-21-2008, 3:44 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=106222&highlight=maxicon

xcrunner805
09-21-2008, 4:01 PM
Hey thanks, that helps a lot!

nobs11
09-21-2008, 5:17 PM
Plenty of options.

I wouldn't personally buy another Larue product until they start supporting CA gun owners. There are many other options.

09-21-2008, 7:09 PM
Glad to be of some help. I don't think you can really go wrong with a La Rue mount. They make top notch stuff!

xcrunner805
09-28-2008, 4:06 PM
Yea, well here she is with the Larue SPF 1.5 mount and my Falcon Menace 4-14X44 FFP scope. Took it to the range today and worked out great. Shot targets sub MOA @ 100/200/300 yards no problem and turret adjustments all returned to correct zero after every yardage adjustment was made. I recommend the Larue products, the Bipod mount is excellent and so is the SPF mount.

http://photos-831.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v348/118/71/6415831/n6415831_36343943_333.jpg

http://photos-831.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v348/118/71/6415831/n6415831_36343899_8650.jpg

technique
09-28-2008, 4:11 PM
There seem to be a lot of people dissatisfied with Larue....if some one knows the name of the other company that makes similar mounts please chime in.......American something??????????

xcrunner805
09-28-2008, 4:18 PM
Unsatisfied how? Service? Quality? I think from actually handling this product and tinkering with it and using it that this stuff is top notch! Maybe I will learn over time it's not as great as it seems, but so far so good. I don't think I would buy a $1500 upper assembly from them, but scope/bipod mount..ehhh, why not? Buy quality once, won't have to buy again.

technique
09-28-2008, 4:40 PM
Unsatisfied how? Service? Quality? I think from actually handling this product and tinkering with it and using it that this stuff is top notch! Maybe I will learn over time it's not as great as it seems, but so far so good. I don't think I would buy a $1500 upper assembly from them, but scope/bipod mount..ehhh, why not? Buy quality once, won't have to buy again.

I'm sorry the actual issue escapes me at the moment. I don't think it was a quality issue....I think member Jrock brought up an issue that some how I made a mental note not to buy from Larue.

I just can't remember the alternate company I'm trying to remember. Their stuff looked great and they used the same quick detach system as Larue and the price was roughly $20-$40 cheaper also.

Young Version
09-28-2008, 4:42 PM
There seem to be a lot of people dissatisfied with Larue....if some one knows the name of the other company that makes similar mounts please chime in.......American something??????????

A.R.M.S. is probably what you're thinking of. GG&G also makes a throw-lever mount.

LaRue is top-notch stuff, but their decision not to ship lowers to CA has turned off a lot of people, myself included.

Edit: Sorry, American Defense is what you're thinking of.

technique
09-28-2008, 4:45 PM
A.R.M.S. is probably what you're thinking of. GG&G also makes a throw-lever mount.

LaRue is top-notch stuff, but their decision not to ship lowers to CA has turned off a lot of people, myself included.

Edit: Sorry, American Defense is what you're thinking of.

American Defense!!!!! Thank you!!! Yes thats right, they don't support the CA market.

xcrunner805
09-28-2008, 4:55 PM
Ahh ok, so they're just not sending lowers to CA. Well they are still good in my book and with some of the controversy over OLL's I might not blame them. Last thing they want it to mess with is CA liberal political groups going after them. Well that's all good info guys, thanks.

09-28-2008, 6:54 PM
XCRUNNER, Your rifle turned out great. I am glad the mount is working with your scope. Where did you get your scope from?

09-28-2008, 6:57 PM

American Defense Recon Mount
http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.exe/search?search_keywords=larue&category_selector=all_products

ar15barrels
09-28-2008, 7:05 PM
I'm sorry the actual issue escapes me at the moment. I don't think it was a quality issue....I think member Jrock brought up an issue that some how I made a mental note not to buy from Larue.

The issue is not one of quality.
LaRue makes top quality stuff.

The issue is one of politics.
LaRue makes lowers now and has chosen not to sell them to californians, even going so far as to not ship them to other states if they find out that the lower will end up in california.

bwiese
09-28-2008, 7:07 PM
Ahh ok, so they're just not sending lowers to CA. Well they are still good in my book and with some of the controversy over OLL's I might not blame them. Last thing they want it to mess with is CA liberal political groups going after them.

Apparently he's stupid enough to not understand that PLCAA (Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act) protects him.

There's no controversy except by the folks who wanted to stop us but can't.

aplinker
09-28-2008, 7:46 PM
Apparently he's stupid enough to not understand that PLCAA (Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act) protects him.

There's no controversy except by the folks who wanted to stop us but can't.

Has the "full package" been sent to LaRue? If it has and they're still unwilling to sell, this is much different than someone who has had emails from random people telling them it's ok. They're new to the lower game and everyone deserves "study time," but that time is over when they've read the info and decided to not ship.

I like his stuff and it would be a shame to have to cut them out of the "buy list," but if they're willfully unwilling to send lowers to us, it's a done deal.

nobs11
09-28-2008, 7:50 PM
I like his stuff and it would be a shame to have to cut them out of the "buy list," but if they're willfully unwilling to send lowers to us, it's a done deal.

Yes. That is what their emails indicate. No more Larue products for me.

aplinker
09-28-2008, 8:04 PM
Yes. That is what their emails indicate. No more Larue products for me.

Did you miss the 1st paragraph, not understand or are you saying that they have received it and still refuse?

There's a difference between uninformed waiting (they've been selling lowers for, what, 3 months?) and having received the package of information that Bill & Co. send to manufacturers and concluded they don't want to send lowers to CA.

They don't live in CA so they don't deal with our laws on a regular basis.

So, my question stands.

Have they gotten the "package" of info and responded?

virulosity
09-28-2008, 8:41 PM
I am putting the same scope on my SL8 and I am going to use the GG&G accucam for bolt rifles. This will allow the scope to sit low with minimal clearance so I don't have to raise the cheek pad.

thmpr
09-28-2008, 9:03 PM
No more Larue products for me as well....! Why support a company who does not support CA.

nobs11
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Did you miss the 1st paragraph, not understand or are you saying that they have received it and still refuse?

There's a difference between uninformed waiting (they've been selling lowers for, what, 3 months?) and having received the package of information that Bill & Co. send to manufacturers and concluded they don't want to send lowers to CA.

They don't live in CA so they don't deal with our laws on a regular basis.

So, my question stands.

Have they gotten the "package" of info and responded?

I (and as far as I know other Larue customers) sent them attachments and links to Gene's cop memo and pretty much every OLL DOJ correspondence I could find on calguns. I know I'm not the "right people" but I'm not illiterate and still a customer so my decision to not buy from them is based on the way they responded to me (basically a one liner saying that they will not ship to CA).

technique
09-28-2008, 10:37 PM
I (and as far as I know other Larue customers) sent them attachments and links to Gene's cop memo and pretty much every OLL DOJ correspondence I could find on calguns. I know I'm not the "right people" but I'm not illiterate and still a customer so my decision to not buy from them is based on the way they responded to me (basically a one liner saying that they will not ship to CA).

I think what you did was great. Very proactive! I no longer order larue, I won't stand in the way of anyone that wishes to. Again sending emails to find out for yourself is a big thumbs up from me!