PDA

View Full Version : HK 911 help!!!

badicedog
09-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi fellas, I need some help from you guys. I recently purchased a HK 911 from an out of state seller. The HK 911 is a variant of the HK 91, which we all know is on the forbidden 'list'. This is the only variant that is OLL and thus california OK. I dros'd the rifle at a local FFL in So. Cal, they are always OLL friendly. I went to pick up the HK after 11 or so days, 1 or 2 days past the 10 day waiting period. The clerk who was assisting me gave me a weird look and told me this was a banned rifle, that is was clearly a restamped HK 91. After the FFL owner looked at it, he told me that this was the first time he's heard of a HK 911 and needed to verify with HK or the BATF. I explained to him the these rifles were infact restamped by HK due to the Fed Ban back in 2000. I wanted to know how can I verify this? I have literature of the ranges of S/N and build codes for these rifles. Only 1000 or so were imported into the US. My rifle does match the S/N ranges and IK build code which puts the build date to around 1989. Is there any other recourse that I am over looking? They held onto the rifle for 11 days or so. I would think if there was a problem they wouldn't accept it in the first place. Thank you all so much for any help.

Manny

X-NewYawker
09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Sounds omnious.
Check this link: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=32973&page=10

badicedog
09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Sounds omnious.
Check this link: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=32973&page=10

Thanks for the link. The waiting is killing me. Im supposed to get an answer on Monday.

CaptMike
09-21-2008, 3:11 PM
I would suggest you contact HK USA. These were done by HK, here in the US. I actually own one of these myself. I originally owned an HK-91 back before the ban. I didnt want to have to register so I put it on consignment and told my dealer to by me one of the new HK sr-9's that were about to be improted as sporting rifles. I told him get what he could for the 91 and get me the sporter as an even trade for me. He made a nice profit because he sold the 91 for about 1300 and bought me my HK-911 direct from the improter. HK was dumping these rifles at the time to dealers at about 800 bucks each. I was happy because I owned an original HK rifle that i did not have to register as an assault weapon and he was happy because of the profit. The story i got at the time was that 1000 HK91's were already here in the states but had not passed customs when the fed ban on importing assault weapons was put into place. HK had the option of returning the 91's to germany or convert them to sporters. They put sporter thumbhole stock and a barrel shroud to cover the end of the barrel and make it look like a bull sporting barrell. They then restamped a 1 after the 91 to create the original HK 911 sporting rifle. I am sure that HK usa can give you some letter with the serial number range for you. Hopefully you get your 911 soon. I love my original german rifle. much better quality than most of the clones. enjoy

stay safe

CaptMike
01-30-2009, 7:40 PM
Hey Badice

did you ever get to pick up your HK 911?

Turbinator
01-30-2009, 7:58 PM
Yeah..what's the update? Your rifle should be a legal OLL.

Turby

badicedog
01-30-2009, 11:44 PM
yeah, I picked it up shortly after the S/N was verified. I sold the rifle because it attracts way too many lookie loos and LEOs. It resembles the HK91 so I would always have to explain how it really isn't a HK91. thanks for the follow up. Here's the last pic I have.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/mannysden/IMG_2573.jpg

a1fabweld
01-31-2009, 2:08 AM
You could always get a PTR-91 which is definately off list unless you are set on having a real HK.

NSR500
01-31-2009, 3:19 AM
You're way to sensitive about the "Lookie Loos". If you are that sensitive why even have a Black Rifle at all? I'd take an HK911 over a PTR91 any day and the things look identical; and would garner the same level of scrutiny.
Anybody at any range TX or CA can go pound sand if they want to scrutinize my gear.

hawk1
01-31-2009, 7:36 AM
You're way to sensitive about the "Lookie Loos". If you are that sensitive why even have a Black Rifle at all? I'd take an HK911 over a PTR91 any day and the things look identical; and would garner the same level of scrutiny.
Anybody at any range TX or CA can go pound sand if they want to scrutinize my gear.

I don't think he is. Everybody has their own level of how much crap they want to put up with in life. Your talk like yours is higher than others. Big deal?

Oh, I'd bet my collection that badicedog has or had owned more *****en black rifles than you have held...:cool:

NSR500
01-31-2009, 7:56 AM
In all seriousness as long as you're not engaged in illegal or unsafe behavior with your firearm(s), it is nobody's business. If we, Black Rifle Owners, are always hiding we do an injustice to our cause. People need to see us shooting our guns in a safe and positive fashion. With all the bad publicity out there, we owe it to ourselves.
I'm not saying to go around looking to get in a lawsuit to further the cause, but don't be hiding in the shadows.
Say what you want about comparing collections because I really DGaF! I shoot my guns and dont care what the next guy has. There are a lot of guys out there with nice gear that can't shoot for crap. Me? I know I can shoot with anything I can get my hands on.

hawk1
01-31-2009, 8:08 AM
In all seriousness as long as you're not engaged in illegal or unsafe behavior with your firearm(s), it is nobody's business. If we, Black Rifle Owners, are always hiding we do an injustice to our cause. People need to see us shooting our guns in a safe and positive fashion. With all the bad publicity out there, we owe it to ourselves.
I'm not saying to go around looking to get in a lawsuit to further the cause, but don't be hiding in the shadows.
Say what you want about comparing collections because I really DGaF! I shoot my guns and dont care what the next guy has. There are a lot of guys out there with nice gear that can't shoot for crap. Me? I know I can shoot with anything I can get my hands on.

But you do care because you wrote;
If you are that sensitive why even have a Black Rifle at all?

That's my point, every ones tolerance level is different in regards to how much 'scrutiny' they want in their life. Who are you to believe your 'ideals' should be his/ours?
Besides, we weren't talking about 'nice gear' and shooting skills were we....:D

NSR500
01-31-2009, 8:13 AM
Says the guy who wanted to bet his collection...

:hide:

I guess you skipped your 2nd cup of coffee this morning? ;)

a1fabweld
01-31-2009, 8:17 AM

WOW! You are too cool for school.:rolleyes:

NSR500
01-31-2009, 12:09 PM
I am... You want a cookie or something?

badicedog
01-31-2009, 2:47 PM
I don't think he is. Everybody has their own level of how much crap they want to put up with in life. Your talk like yours is higher than others. Big deal?

Oh, I'd bet my collection that badicedog has or had owned more *****en black rifles than you have held...:cool:

Thanks for the back up! I just like to fly under the radar, I could give a crap what people think but Im not going to go looking for legal trouble period. I have nothing to prove. It's comical how some people are quick to judge you on a decision you've made but can't come up with the cash to buy their own...:43:

Saigon1965
01-31-2009, 3:20 PM
I don't take my RAWs out to a particular range because of all the scrutiny - I like to keep to myself and not answer a lot of questions to stranger - Now if that means I am not spreading 2nd amend love - So be it - I don't have 5K in retainer with my lawyer -

The HK911 was an interesting thing - All HK did was stamped an extra 1 at the end to bypass the law - The few that I handled the 1 stamp was not done very professionally either - But have heard that others were very nicely stamped -

badicedog
01-31-2009, 3:41 PM
I don't take my RAWs out to a particular range because of all the scrutiny - I like to keep to myself and not answer a lot of questions to stranger - Now if that means I am not spreading 2nd amend love - So be it - I don't have 5K in retainer with my lawyer -

The HK911 was an interesting thing - All HK did was stamped an extra 1 at the end to bypass the law - The few that I handled the 1 stamp was not done very professionally either - But have heard that others were very nicely stamped -

Exactly, mine was one of those that looked like it was a redone HK91 by someone in a garage. It was a PITA to confirm the S/N even by HK USA.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/mannysden/IMG_2576.jpg

NSR500
01-31-2009, 4:59 PM
Thanks for the back up! I just like to fly under the radar, I could give a crap what people think but Im not going to go looking for legal trouble period. I have nothing to prove. It's comical how some people are quick to judge you on a decision you've made but can't come up with the cash to buy their own...:43:

Says the Kalifornian to the Texan. :cool2:

rorschach
01-31-2009, 7:24 PM
My extra "1" is a little crooked too

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/Goobear05/HK911serial.jpg

Saigon1965
01-31-2009, 8:19 PM
Badicedog - Your's is similar to what I've seen -

Rorschach - Your's is one of the better stamped -

IIRC - There were only about 1k of these floating around out there -

You guy's guns are only 6 serial numbers off -

69Mach1
01-31-2009, 9:21 PM
The HK 911's were not the only rifles stuck in customs when the ban took effect and had to be restamped to avoid the ban. There are some Chinese 56 AK's that were stamped with a number 1 before and after the 56 marking. There's also a number 7 stamped version.

Like the HK's, they were stamped and modified to compy with the new importation laws and to avoid the name ban, and like the HK's they're off list.

kobra
01-31-2009, 10:25 PM
There were Springfield Armory SAR 3 that were restamped from a 3 to an 8.
Just like the HK 911 there's the SA SAR 8. The SA SAR 8 are GREECE made HK 91 copy-excellent rifles.

rorschach
02-01-2009, 2:33 PM
You guy's guns are only 6 serial numbers off -

Not quite... 41-0609XX to 41-0615XX we're about 600 apart