PDA

View Full Version : Providing a rifle the parent who needs one for their child in SFV. (DONATED)

Millions-Knives
09-20-2008, 4:32 PM
I remember seeing other forum members donating their firearms to the purpose of introducing the next generation of responsible sport shooters. I have a number of firearms that I don't get to shoot as often as I'd like so I would like to provide any parent calgunner a Remington 597 .22lr semi-automatic rifle for their child in the San Fernando Valley.

Some conditions.

1. Safety and responsibility is exercised.
2. The rifle is provided solely for another youth notfor personal sport.
3. After the shooter has grown out of the rifle; you provide it for another in need.

Looking to transfer this Sunday 9-21 at Turners in Reseda.
If you're in need send me a PM or e-mail: Jxn2571@lausd.net

I'm just supporting in what I believe was a noble cause and credit to the originator with the idea to do so but in whom I forgot their name.

The rifle is on its way to its new owner tonight. I encourage anyone with extra arms lying around to consider helping out the needy. :)

nobs11
09-20-2008, 4:34 PM
Good idea. Thanks for doing this.

X-NewYawker
09-20-2008, 4:36 PM
God Bless you. I'm checking the safe right now...

Guntech
09-20-2008, 4:44 PM
Good idea..too bad every ones kids on here have guns already lol :)

jandmtv
09-20-2008, 5:53 PM
Very generous of you! and e-mail sent.

weezil_boi
09-20-2008, 5:57 PM
Awsome idea guy! This is the kind of stuff I wish gun haters could see.

Patriot
09-20-2008, 6:04 PM
Awsome idea guy! This is the kind of stuff I wish gun haters could see.

Sadistic misanthrope donates mass-murder weapons to indoctrinate children in violence and gun culture!

NOT

Good job, OP :clap:

762cavalier
09-20-2008, 6:40 PM
You know I have a single shot bolt action .22 that just gathers dust since my son got older and likes my 03 Springfield and Mosins. If anybody in Sac is interested let me know.

by the way OP this is a great idea.

OCArmory
09-20-2008, 8:37 PM
This is a great idea to get the youngens into shooting.

Bimmer2
09-20-2008, 9:00 PM
I'm looking for a .22 rifle for my daughter, who is turning 3 next month.

True, she's a bit small and a bit immature to handle a gun. I figure that I might be able to take her to the range within a year or so. Within a couple years I can imagine taking her and one of her girlfriends (I know many parents who don't own guns but are eager to accompany me to the range).

Ironically, I was looking at Savage Cubs (single shot, bolt action, junior-sized stock), which is probably not unlike 762cavalier's rifle.

Anyway, if anybody out there is willing to donate with a .22, I promise I'll take good care of it for a generation, and I promise it'll get lots of use in little hands.

Ben

RobT2K
09-20-2008, 9:12 PM
My daughter was given a .22 single shot bolt action Savage cub by "bd457" on here with similar terms. It has been a great gift that she still enjoys every range trip. His son had outgrown it and was moving on to a 10/22.

Millions-Knives
09-20-2008, 9:24 PM
Acts like this have happened here before. Calguns.net hosts a number of generous individuals who have the best intentions to preserve the sport. The rifle went to uncle acting as a surrogate father-figure for his 12 year old nephew.

Good luck and safe shooting.

jandmtv
09-20-2008, 9:58 PM
Acts like this have happened here before. Calguns.net hosts a number of generous individuals who have the best intentions to preserve the sport. The rifle went to uncle acting as a surrogate father-figure for his 12 year old nephew.

Good luck and safe shooting.

MK, it was very nice meeting you, and thanks again! I will try to post pics of my nephew and I at the range with the rifle (in 10 or so days) :D