PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tiny OLL part

U2BassAce
09-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Ok I was a bone head. Took off stock to add single point harness attachment point. I lost the little pin and spring that holds the "plunger?" in position in the stock. Not sure what the part is called or where I can get one. Right now when I pull the upper off the "plunger?" that is spring loaded flys out. Duhhhhh

U2BassAce
09-20-2008, 11:16 AM
BTW in case it matters the OLL is a S&W.

nobs11
09-20-2008, 11:29 AM
I think you mean the takedown detent pin and spring?

Look here.

http://riflegear.com/c-43-lower-receiver-parts.aspx

U2BassAce
09-20-2008, 11:31 AM
No not takedown pin and spring.

This run verticle in the stock. Later I will take photo if that helps. It is a very small little pin.

U2BassAce
09-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for diagram. It is 31 and 32 buffer retainer and buffer retainer spring.

goober
09-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Ok I was a bone head. Took off stock to add single point harness attachment point. I lost the little pin and spring that holds the "plunger?" in position in the stock. Not sure what the part is called or where I can get one. Right now when I pull the upper off the "plunger?" that is spring loaded flys out. Duhhhhh

OK. By "plunger" do you mean the buffer?
Assuming you do, the parts that you lost are called a "buffer retainer" (that's the cylindrical hollow part w/ the little "nipple" that holds the buffer in the buffer tube) and a "buffer retainer spring" (which fits into the retainer hollow and provides upward force).
You can find cheap ($1-2) replacement parts just about anywhere that sells AR parts, such as Brownells, but I recommend something like the $13.50 "Lost Parts Kit" from Bushmaster (or comparable),
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=501 part # CP-KIT @ bottom of page
as it contains a couple of each of the parts in question plus several of the other oft-lost pins and springs and such (things that always seem to go *sproing!* and put you on hands & knees searchin' and cussin'). It's cheap and good to have pare parts around.
AR lower parts are, with just a few exceptions almost entirely interchangeable so any will work with your lower.
Just a note- while its kind of a tomayto/tomahto thing I suppose, there really is no reason to refer to your AR15 lower as an OLL in general discussion, as it is really just an AR lower. Its no different than any other lower aside from its status w/ DOJ. If you're selling it, or need to emphasize that its off-list, then that part of the description is relevant, but otherwise it doesn't really matter. I'm not criticizin', just sayin. If I'm out of line I'm sure someone will correct me.

U2BassAce
09-20-2008, 11:45 AM
OK. By "plunger" do you mean the buffer?
Assuming you do, the parts that you lost are called a "buffer retainer" (that's the cylindrical hollow part w/ the little "nipple" that holds the buffer in the buffer tube) and a "buffer retainer spring" (which fits into the retainer hollow and provides upward force).
You can find cheap ($1-2) replacement parts just about anywhere that sells AR parts, such as Brownells, but I recommend something like the $13.50 "Lost Parts Kit" from Bushmaster (or comparable),
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=501 part # CP-15 @ bottom of page
as it contains a couple of each of the parts in question plus several of the other oft-lost pins and springs and such (things that always seem to go *sproing!* and put you on hands & knees searchin' and cussin'). It's cheap and good to have pare parts around.
AR lower parts are, with just a few exceptions almost entirely interchangeable so any will work with your lower.
Just a note- while its kind of a tomayto/tomahto thing I suppose, there really is no reason to refer to your AR15 lower as an OLL in general discussion, as it is really just an AR lower. Its no different than any other lower aside from its status w/ DOJ. If you're selling it, or need to emphasize that its off-list, then that part of the description is relevant, but otherwise it doesn't really matter. I'm not criticizin', just sayin. If I'm out of line I'm sure someone will correct me.

Yep that is what I meant. Thanks!

Parts kit looks like a great idea too.

Thanks for your help!

blackberg
09-20-2008, 1:11 PM
this is where I buy my small parts when I need them

http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_alternate_items.aspx?id=38

-bb

jksupplyco
09-20-2008, 1:43 PM
Where are you located?

Guntech
09-20-2008, 1:47 PM
Your using noob lingo take out a diagram lol. :)

mike22ca
09-20-2008, 1:53 PM
I just wanna add that you can get any of the lower parts kit parts from Brownells and their shipping is usually REALLY quick. Ive been really impressed with their service.