bfriz07
09-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Are there any OLL friendly stores near San Luis Obispo? Thanks a lot

a1fabweld
09-20-2008, 2:39 PM
I'm watching this one too!

jksupplyco
09-20-2008, 2:51 PM
Really your best bet is driving over to Taft, and seeing Wes @ Ten Percent Firearms. I have sold a few OLLs to guys in your area, and they had them transferred at RangeMaster in Santa Maria. I'm pretty sure they don't stock them, but are willing to transfer them.. I'd call to verify!

Vigilante
09-20-2008, 4:38 PM
You might want to give Jeff at SLOSA a call (805) 543-3338. I spoke with him a little over a year ago about getting some off the list firearms and he had no problems with the idea. It has been a while though, so things may have changed. Professionals choice was the best source in the county, but they closed up shop a few months ago. I would give Uncle Eds Outfitters a call too. I know that those guys own OLLs, but last time I talked to them they weren't into the idea of selling them. My brother heard that there is a new gun store i Atascadero that is selling off list guns, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet. Good luck in your search.

Capt Jack
09-21-2008, 12:00 AM
I heard that it was called atascadero arms, but haven't been able to find it yet!

JTecalo
09-21-2008, 8:40 AM
There is a website but it's still under construction:

http://www.atascaderoarms.com/

Surfdog
09-21-2008, 9:16 AM
I have done many transfers at Range Masters in Santa Maria. They do not stock any OLL rifles (wouldn't that be cool) other than the occasional stripped lower. I have transfered built lowers and complete OLL rifles there. Joe is my main contact there, but everyone working there is great....Now if Jerry would just sell me that Sig 220 Super 38 for a killer deal.....;)
If you are looking to transfer anything I would call them and let them know what it is first. As long as it is legal configuration should be no problem

tenpercentfirearms
09-21-2008, 9:41 AM
Really your best bet is driving over to Taft, and seeing Wes @ Ten Percent Firearms. I have sold a few OLLs to guys in your area, and they had them transferred at RangeMaster in Santa Maria. I'm pretty sure they don't stock them, but are willing to transfer them.. I'd call to verify!

If you want to hold it, smell it, and see it, come on over to Taft. I will make the drive worth your while.

samuelkowal906
09-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Atascadero Arms. New store in A-town. He has a few oll's in there right now.

larryb
09-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Atascadero Arms. New store in A-town. He has a few oll's in there right now.

Can you post or pm their address so i can check them out next time i am over that way. It is too bad Professionals Choice closed their doors as i really liked their shop.

Vigilante
09-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Can you post or pm their address so i can check them out next i am over that way.

I'd like to know as well. Next time I come home I'll check the place out.

bfriz07
09-21-2008, 2:56 PM
I would like to know also...thanks

xcrunner805
09-21-2008, 3:36 PM
Rangemaster in Santa Maria will transfer, Uncle Paul's Exchange in Ventura also. If you want to drive to the crappy town of Taft be my guest. They do have a lot of AR parts though.

niterida
09-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry to bring bad news
atescedaro arms went out of business a few months ago.

The day I went to pick up my OLL there, they announced they were closing their doors. I called a few friends and by the end of the week the whole store was empty.
I haven't been there since June, so unless a new store opened up there then I don't know where to get one in the are

jamesob
09-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Rangemaster in Santa Maria will transfer, Uncle Paul's Exchange in Ventura also. If you want to drive to the crappy town of Taft be my guest. They do have a lot of AR parts though.
that crappy town is better than the town i grew up in. for a shop that is not much bigger than my closet they have a assload of ar stuff.

leitung
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
I am heading down there in November, gonna shoot the SKS at SLOSA..

Ford8N
09-22-2008, 5:39 AM
I've never seen a store in SLO county stock an OLL/OLR. Also a lot of the businesses are run by Fudmiesters who are to lazy to check out current law, or just don't care. Just pick out what you want, locate a transfer dealer and get it that way. There are some really cool transfer dealers in the area, they like OLL too.:43:

tenpercentfirearms
09-22-2008, 6:05 AM
for a shop that is not much bigger than my closet they have a assload of ar stuff.

LOL. That is a true statement.

braskin
09-22-2008, 8:59 AM
Sorry to bring bad news
atescedaro arms went out of business a few months ago.

The day I went to pick up my OLL there, they announced they were closing their doors. I called a few friends and by the end of the week the whole store was empty.
I haven't been there since June, so unless a new store opened up there then I don't know where to get one in the are

The store that went out of business was the Professionals Choice. Atascadero Arms is open, new and small, but Mark always has a few OLL in stock, and anything he doesn't have, he will get for you. He ordered me a Noveske OLL last week. As much as I would love to drive over to check out Wes's place in Taft someday, (Ten Percent Firearms) It's 2-3 hours round trip. That's 4-6 hours driving if you Dros something.

I dont have the phone # on me, and it isn't listed yet. But there are on Pueblo St. I'll try to post his # and Address at home later.

AJAX22
09-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I did a PPT OLL transfer of a Stag 15 at Uncle Ed's outfitters. They required the lower to be stripped and for it to have a prince 50 maglock in place.. but they did do the transfer.

As far as a shop that stocks them... wes is probably your closest bet for a shop with a large variety of stuff.

I haven't been to Atascadero Arms yet... they must be new. SLO is my hometown and I used to haunt the local gun shops looking for good guns that I could afford on a college students budget.

http://www.uncle-eds.net/

nobs11
09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I did a PPT OLL transfer of a Stag 15 at Uncle Ed's outfitters. They required the lower to be stripped and for it to have a prince 50 maglock in place.. but they did do the transfer.

All but one of my builds are featureless. This means that I have to buy a prince 50, install it or have it installed unnecessarily.

I do all my transfers at Uncle Paul's in Ventura. Hell of a guy to deal with. Does not stock rifles built on OLLs but occasionally carries OLLs and will transfer anything that is legal.

Army
09-22-2008, 11:35 AM
I have done my best to recruit our LGS's into the OLL family, but it has been a steep uphill battle.

4 Seasons is old school hunting and fishing, no desire to buck that. John is sympathetic, but will go with Dave on any store decision.

The Outdoorsman is also old school.

Uncle Ed's is not run by fully gun knowledgeable people (do not expect it to be a new Hahn's Guns).

Shoot the Moon is very new, but is also old school, and prefers cowboy attitudes.

Bridge's is entrenched in classical gun shop attitude (recall, this is where Craig Boddington shops)...but bless Norms heart for getting back into business after the earthquake. Art may be more maleable, but didn't seem too interested when I broached the subject. He admitted not knowing that it was possible to own AR type rifles legally, and took my "presentation" with courtesy, but indifference.

The new guys in Atascadero may prove to be the winners, but time will tell.

Jeff at the SLOSA range (monday & friday) does NOT have a current FFL yet, but will gladly assist in the professional building, and supplying parts for, your OLL. You can also go through me (Dave) at the range on Sundays.

Otherwise, I have had no trouble at all heading to Taft to give Wes my OLL business.....well, except when he kept my drivers license one day :D

Capt Jack
09-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Good post Army!

That just about sums it up in SLO county for OLLs...funny enough, by the time I got interested in the whole OLL thing someone had mentioned checking out Professional's Choice and I showed up about 2 days before he closed and was no longer doing any transfers or anything. I did manage to get a nice Uncle Mikes holster for my Ruger P94 for about $13!:eek:

I am still saving some pay checks before I can let myself be assimilated by BRD so I'll check out the new shop in A-town (have to support the LGS that do OLL if possible) but otherwise I figured Wes @ 10% would make the trip to Taft worthwhile for us Calgunners so he might as well get the business!:D (and I heard that he is a great guy to do business with anyway)

braskin
09-22-2008, 3:12 PM
Atascadero Arms

8740 Pueblo Ave Ste C
805-460-9453

Like I said, new, small, but usually has 2 DoubleStar OLLs in stock, or will get what you want. :D

Ford8N
09-22-2008, 4:52 PM
I have done my best to recruit our LGS's into the OLL family, but it has been a steep uphill battle.

4 Seasons is old school hunting and fishing, no desire to buck that. John is sympathetic, but will go with Dave on any store decision.

The Outdoorsman is also old school.

Uncle Ed's is not run by fully gun knowledgeable people (do not expect it to be a new Hahn's Guns).

Shoot the Moon is very new, but is also old school, and prefers cowboy attitudes.

Bridge's is entrenched in classical gun shop attitude (recall, this is where Craig Boddington shops)...but bless Norms heart for getting back into business after the earthquake. Art may be more maleable, but didn't seem too interested when I broached the subject. He admitted not knowing that it was possible to own AR type rifles legally, and took my "presentation" with courtesy, but indifference.

The new guys in Atascadero may prove to be the winners, but time will tell.

Jeff at the SLOSA range (monday & friday) does NOT have a current FFL yet, but will gladly assist in the professional building, and supplying parts for, your OLL. You can also go through me (Dave) at the range on Sundays.

Otherwise, I have had no trouble at all heading to Taft to give Wes my OLL business.....well, except when he kept my drivers license one day :D

Good post and thanks for the research. It's funny, there is pent up demand in the area for EBR's. You would think they would jump on all that money to be made, but I guess they are already raking in the big bucks. :rolleyes: I think I'll investigate this new store.;)

Vigilante
09-22-2008, 6:07 PM
Atascadero Arms

8740 Pueblo Ave Ste C
805-460-9453

Like I said, new, small, but usually has 2 DoubleStar OLLs in stock, or will get what you want. :D

Thanks for the number and address. How much do they want for the lowers?

braskin
09-22-2008, 7:55 PM
Thanks for the number and address. How much do they want for the lowers?

I don't remember how $. I know they where more than most places, but I look at it as a convenience charge. I personally havenít bought a lower from him. He ordered me a Stag 2H upper, only took 1 week, and it was a decent price. Also bought an EOTech from him, which he tries to keep 1 in stock. My step dad bought 2 DoubleStar lowers from him a few weeks ago.

Augi
09-22-2008, 9:56 PM
I bought an NDS XM16E1 lower through Mark at Atascadero Arms in August.

The DoubleStar lowers I believe he is asking $220 + DROS but offered me one for $200 when he saw that I was paying about $220 for the NDS after his FLL fee. Fees are $40 to transfer a lower from someone else + $35 to DROS.

He seemed like a pretty nice guy all-in-all, but looked at me like I was weird for not taking him up on his offer. He didn't seem to understand why I was looking for a partial fence lower on purpose.

The store is really a hole in the wall but he has some okay stuff there. He stocks bullet buttons and had a booth at the Paso Robles Gun Show when I went at the beginning of summer. That's how I found out about him initially. He had an AR sporting a 37mm flare launcher drawing all kinds of fun attention.

Cam

edit: Price of DoubleStar lowers is actually $175.

Vigilante
09-23-2008, 6:26 PM
I look at it as a convenience charge.
That's about the same deal with Bill from Professionals Choice. When I bought my DSA lowers for $200 a piece I mentioned that the price was a bit high. He basically told me that people can either drive a couple of hours and pay less or they can take a short drive to him and pay more. I thought it was pretty crappy, but it made sense.

The DoubleStar lowers I believe he is asking $220 + DROS
That's pretty steep, but thanks for the info.

braskin
09-23-2008, 9:06 PM
I think his DoubleStars where more around $175. I just called my step dad and verified that, he bought 2 a couple weeks ago, paid $175 each.

tenpercentfirearms
09-23-2008, 9:40 PM
$225 makes a trip to Taft worth it!

$175 is fair. I used to charge $170 for everything.

Army
09-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Stopped in yesterday to verify. Double Star lowers tagged at $175, and Mark will get any lower you want, in just about any color you want. Not a bad selection of ammo either.

Mark has a small shop........but it's bigger than Wes's :D .......however, he's new, and vows to fill the corners of the store will gear and ammo

Sorry Wes, but I think I just found my new store :)

BUT......I will continue to use Ten Percent for my internet buys!

Augi
09-25-2008, 1:25 PM
Thanks for the correction, he must have offered me a deal with the DROS included. I wasn't paying close attention anyway because I was set on that NDS (which is great, btw).

Vigilante
09-25-2008, 8:53 PM
Was he selling AKs or AK receivers or were all of the "off list" items AR related? Any Saigas?

tenpercentfirearms
09-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry Wes, but I think I just found my new store :)

BUT......I will continue to use Ten Percent for my internet buys!

I wouldn't drive to Taft either if I could get away with it!

Capt Jack
10-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I stopped into Atascadero Arms a few days ago and spoke with Mark and another guy behind the counter. Real nice folks.

They had 2 Doublestar OLLs and he mentioned that he had just ordered 2 Stag lowers as well. Price was $175 like Army stated. He also had Bullet buttons for $40 (convenience charge...) as well as a nicely built Stag Carbine with a forward rail, nice stock and an EOTech.

As far as transfers, I specifically asked about RAA Saigas and WASRs and he said as long as it wasn't on the list and properly configured they are GTG. To do a transfer he charges $45 and the $35 DROS fee for a total of $80 :eek: is it me or are the transfers getting pricey?

Otherwise, he had some tacticool clothing (5-11 I think) and some targets, cleaning supplies and general gun stuff. I told him I was glad we had an OLL friendly store in SLO county and that he would probably get some good business if more people find out about it (also mentioned Calguns)...:D

SikDMAX
12-27-2009, 8:31 PM
Just wanted to mention I am going up tomorrow to receive an OLL and purchase some other stuff so I will update this thread as to Atascadero Arms current situation tomorrow!

SikDMAX
12-28-2009, 8:26 PM
Well, went up to Atascadero Arms today and spoke with Mark and he is a great guy running a great little (ya, VERY little) shop, and is OLL friendly!

My buddy received a CMMG lower there and was charged $75. We will be back in 10 days to pick it up!

He also has quite a nice selection of long guns including 4 or 5 OLLs, 20-30 handguns, and a variety of accessories. Himself and his worker seemed very knowledgeable and willing to work with people.

Ill definitely be using them in the future for all of my OLL needs!

Koolpsych
01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I called Atascadero Arms today and asked about their OLL pricing. The $75 is a great deal compared the $90 that the RangeMaster in Santa Maria charges.

I will be getting my OLL through there in a couple days then the 10 day wait. Exciting!

OffGrid
01-05-2010, 4:36 PM
Mark at Atascadero Arms is easy to deal with. I have an AK receiver on it's way to them and he was more than helpful.

If you are further north you can use Shoot The Moon Outfitters in Paso Robles. Their lowers are a little high but if just order on line and have it shipped to them it works just fine. I have run 4 lowers through them in the last year or so. They charge $70 to DROS. Talk to August or Bones they can get you taken care of.

Rommel
01-05-2010, 6:07 PM
I have done a OLL transfer through them too and they are good people. $75 total and no headaches.

They will also order anything you want and charge you a reasonable price as well. They are not the cheapest but hey its convenient to have them close. I would rather pay a little more through them than give a big online store the business, I want them to stay around! Support local businesses!!!!

Capt Jack
01-06-2010, 6:27 PM
+1 for Shoot the Moon. They transferred my OLL without a hitch! Good place and reasonable prices.

SikDMAX
01-06-2010, 6:29 PM
Going back up to Atas tomorrow to pick up my AR lower!

SLYoteBoy
01-06-2010, 6:30 PM
TLDR , Uncle Eds in Atascadero if it hasnt been mentioned. they want 175+ for LMT , Superior or Lauer , There FFL fee is 75 dollars if you transfer from say LANworld or from anyone but them. It was cheaper when I used them a few years ago , prices have gone up. Good people , I still take my business , and my friends there for lowers. Havent checked out Atascadero Arms yet.

old-trapper
01-06-2010, 6:39 PM
atascadero arms is the shizzle...love those guys..very professional ...pro chioce was trash and good riddance.....go see mark go see mark go see mark support this local guy ..for sure so what if it is alittle more support the OLL guys for sure!!!!!! p.s. I transferred 2 lower a few months back no problems.

Caiden07
01-06-2010, 11:15 PM
:offtopic:

This maybe out of topic but since everyone here is in Central Cali, Where do you guys shoot your OLL built rifles any suggestion?

Rommel
01-06-2010, 11:26 PM

This maybe out of topic but since everyone here is in Central Cali, Where do you guys shoot your OLL built rifles any suggestion?

http://slosa.org/

bballwizard05
01-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I would also check with Chuck...(forgot his last name) but if you do the "find a local FFL" search on gunbroker he is in santa maria and may be able to do it for you. The business I gave him was VERY WELL PRICED. Also Herb Crowley in santa maria, he tends to be afraid of anything that smells or looks not totally kosher, but his transfer prices and such blah blah are pretty good as well. Both these guys are kitchen table FFL's and are good guys to deal with.

Koolpsych
01-07-2010, 1:45 AM
I have done a OLL transfer through them too and they are good people. $75 total and no headaches.

They will also order anything you want and charge you a reasonable price as well. They are not the cheapest but hey its convenient to have them close. I would rather pay a little more through them than give a big online store the business, I want them to stay around! Support local businesses!!!!

By feelings exactly! I purchased my OLL through Atascadero Arms for a little more than I would pay to transfer through them from an online purchase but I like to support California gun shop owners. Plus, since I live in the town over I figure maybe they might be more likely to help me out should I need a little guidance with my AR15 build!

Ford8N
01-07-2010, 4:21 AM

http://fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjAwhwtDDw9_AI8zPwhQ oY6BdkOyoCAPkATlA!/?ss=110507&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&cid=FSE_003853&navid=091000000000000&pnavid=null&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&ttype=main&pname=Los%20Padres%20National%20Forest-%20Home

SikDMAX
01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
http://fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c4/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjAwhwtDDw9_AI8zPwhQ oY6BdkOyoCAPkATlA!/?ss=110507&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&cid=FSE_003853&navid=091000000000000&pnavid=null&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&ttype=main&pname=Los%20Padres%20National%20Forest-%20Home

Where is legal to shoot in the Los Padres National Forest around San Luis?

Crawfish141
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Atascadero Arms is good, decent price and selection. Nice people too boot.

Capt Jack
01-07-2010, 1:12 PM
Where is legal to shoot in the Los Padres National Forest around San Luis?

I would love to find this out too! I looked all around that website and it pretty much sucks...

Might just have to call the ranger station to see if they have any info?

RPC
01-07-2010, 5:10 PM
Chuck Sheen is the other good guy in Santa Maria listed a few posts above. That's right, Charlie Sheen. I don't know if he does OLL though. Dick Criswell of Dick's Shotin' Iron is another good guy in Atascadero. He may do OLL but I'm not sure.

Another vote here for the great people at Atascadero Arms, 100% OLL friendly.

As far as shooting in the Nat Forest around SLO, I have called the Rangers and they are a mixed bag. They say Cuesta Ridge is basically a no go unless you go past the Botanical Area then hike east out of the "Restricted Zone". People do shoot up at Cuesta Ridge but they are not supposed to. And I like to be 100% legal when I am driving with, shooting, or in close proximity to firearms.

Rangers say other than Cuesta Ridge, you can do it in the Forest as long as you are 450 feet from the road and not shooting across roads, streams, valleys, hiking trails, endangered species (past, current, and future), hippies, and campers. I think if you go out to High Mtn Road between Lopez Lake and Pozo there are some spots but I have not been there for that.

The SLOSA is awesome but I'm still looking for that special place I can call my Shootin' Spot. And I'd like to not have to drive an hour to get there. Funny how with all this open space we can't find a place to shoot and not get in trouble. If anyone has a spot they want to share, I'm interested. And I haul out my trash/targets when I'm done.

Ford8N
01-07-2010, 7:33 PM
Chuck Sheen is the other good guy in Santa Maria listed a few posts above. That's right, Charlie Sheen. I don't know if he does OLL though.

:43:

Rangers say other than Cuesta Ridge, you can do it in the Forest as long as you are 450 feet from the road and not shooting across roads, streams, valleys, hiking trails, endangered species (past, current, and future), hippies, and campers.

Ranger FUD

"Do not discharge firearms from a road, across a road, across a body of water, or within 150 yards of a campground or inhabited area." quoted directly from the Los Padres National Forest Map.

You can shoot as long as you are NOT ON the road.

As far as shooting areas in the Forest all of the good spots close to town were shut down in the Eighties and Nineties. Cuesta Ridge was a cool spot in the day. You need to travel at least a good 45 minutes to an hour any more for a nice blasting place.

SLYoteBoy
01-10-2010, 3:14 AM

Private property. Havent been to SLOSA yet , but want to go.

SikDMAX
01-11-2010, 10:32 AM
SLOSA is great. My opinion of Atascadero Arms has possibly changed.

Army
01-11-2010, 1:08 PM
Sunday is the best day to bring your EBR's to SLOSA. No questions asked, no sideways glances, nobody cares.

Dick (RSO) will look for a Bullet Button, but won't bust your chops for not having one after making sure you understand you need one.

If you see my white Ranger ("AIRGUN DESIGNS" across the windshield), look me up. I'm usually shooting my muzzle loaders, but have my EBR's there too.....and plenty of spare parts. I normally get there 'tween 1000 and 1200hrs and stay the rest of the day.

Thursday night is also a good time to shoot black guns. Big flood lights illuminate to 100yds.

Caiden07
01-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Private property. Havent been to SLOSA yet , but want to go.

Private Property are given for the fortunate ones, I use to shoot with a friend in Los Alamos where his father lease a land for farming and thier is small hill where we shoot and due to losses and hardship they had to let go. So if any one out there where they can share location that are private or public land that is legal to shoot.

SikDMAX
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Army are you still RSO out there?

Myself and a buddy have been at the range quite frequently the last few months and have never seen an issue with legality of weapons being shot. Everyone is very professional.

Glad to be a member.... just cant wait to get my new Mossberg out of 10 day jail and check out the shotgun side of things!

sonico
01-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I've got an 18" Rem870 I've been wanting to shoot but SLOSA only allows trap and skeet for shotguns right? I just want to throw some shot downrange and I can't find anywhere I can actually shoot the damn thing.

bomb_on_bus
01-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Atascadero Arms on El Camino Real is your best bet.

Theres a decent shooting range outside of Morro Bay on Highway 1 that would be a safe bet to shoot all sorts of firearms.

I have visited both places numerous times and have nothing but good things to say about both.

Theres also a gun store in the shopping center across the street from Atascadero Arms on El Camino Real, but I haven't been there so I have no idea what it is they carry.

SikDMAX
01-12-2010, 2:57 PM
I've got an 18" Rem870 I've been wanting to shoot but SLOSA only allows trap and skeet for shotguns right? I just want to throw some shot downrange and I can't find anywhere I can actually shoot the damn thing.

Ive seen people shoot shotgun at the rifle/pistol, they just ask you dont shoot at newer, nicer stands.

There is also a manual clay thrower at the end of the pistol side.

Im the same way, Id like to put some targets and some of this shot control ammo and see how well it works!

cal3gunner
01-12-2010, 7:17 PM

SLYoteBoy
01-13-2010, 4:04 PM
Just checked out atascadero arms for the first time today. Awesome place. for being a small store they had a good amount of ar accesories. alot more than the other places around here. prices seemed good too.

bomb_on_bus
01-13-2010, 6:35 PM
Just checked out atascadero arms for the first time today. Awesome place. for being a small store they had a good amount of ar accesories. alot more than the other places around here. prices seemed good too.

I was really impressed as well as it is one of the better stocked stores I have been to in recent years.

The people are really knowledgable and offer products at decent prices.

Not to mention they sell some really sick ARs and tactical rifles. I admit to buying quite a few items each time I head to the coast. For some reason I get stuff there cheaper then I can here in the valley.

SLOPlinker
01-15-2010, 2:48 PM

The SLOSA rifle/pistol range does allow shotguns as mentioned. In addition, if you just want to see what sort of pattern your shotgun is producing, there's a place for that at the SLOSA shotgun range. Ask the person in charge for details. There's a board that's way off to the left at the shotgun range (as you face downrange). You can put a piece of paper or cardboard on it and blast away to see how different ammo, barrels, chokes affect your pattern. Often you can scrounge some cardboard or paper there, but to be really sure, bring your own.

SLYoteBoy
08-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Got my G22 for $502 OTD at Atascadero Arms on 7/14. They are a participating member in the GSSF member price program. Check it out www.gssfonline.com. Only bad side dont plan on it soon though its more of a set it and forget it type deal. 3 months for mine to show up.

muskater
08-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I was in Atascadero Arms the other day when I was on vacation. The people there were very nice. They had a consignment .308 I was eyeing. I would have no hesitation using them.

P Cab
08-10-2010, 1:22 PM
anyone knows any place to shoot near Santa Margarita lake?

Milsurps
08-10-2010, 8:08 PM
Also Herb Crowley in santa maria, he tends to be afraid of anything that smells or looks not totally kosher, but his transfer prices and such blah blah are pretty good as well.

Well Herb Crowley hasn't changed his opinion. Out of his mouth today came,"OLL's are a grey area." Bought a nice 9MM from him a few months ago. Thought I'd try for another good gun buying experiece and he expressed his No way opinion.
Guess I'll take my business elsewhere. I tried to give a local my business. Looks like I have a couple of long drives ahead of me. Oh well. :(