PDA

View Full Version : Recommend an OWB and IWB holster for my wife

gmcal
09-19-2008, 6:47 PM
Like the title says I'm looking for holsters that are a good fit for women. I'm interested in outside the waistband (for training classes) and inside the waistband (for around our home, no CCW). My wifes' gun is S&W M&P9. Suggestions, experiences? Thanks.

09-20-2008, 3:31 PM
Check out Galco. Another place to check out is: http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm I have one of their holsters and will be getting more. They will customize a holster about any way you want and for reasonable prices. For outside the waistband, I love my Serpa holsters from Blackhawk. I hope this helps.

rkt88edmo
09-20-2008, 3:37 PM
IWB - unless she already has loose fitting pants IWB may require her to buy larger pants to wear comfortably.

OWB - look for "dropped and offset" models, depending on body type. Bladetech makes one.

emc002
09-20-2008, 9:15 PM
IWB - TT Gunleather. I have one for my XD and my Kimber Ultra CDP, absolutley awesome.

pullnshoot25
09-21-2008, 3:15 AM
My usual recommendation goes to Simply Rugged. He can custom make anything. One female member on this forum ordered from him, though I haven't heard from her on how she likes it. I love all 4 of mine and I am adding another one for the MK II pretty soon.

Nemo
09-22-2008, 11:22 AM
I ordered a P6 holster from Simply Rugged, but still haven't gotten it, so I can't report.
I have a dropped offset Blade-Tech holster for my CZ SP-01, and I like it a lot; concealing a dropped and offset holster, however, is usually a no-go.

Check out Kathy Jackson's web site for female-bodied holster suggestions. www.corneredcat.com

What works on a male body often won't work on a female body--I find, for example, that I'm too short-waisted (as are many women) to wear any gun in a high-ride holster, be it IWB or on the waist. I end up with a gun in my armpit!

leelaw
09-22-2008, 9:41 PM
I have an IWB from TTGunleather and it's great. I haven't been able ot test it much other than using it to journey around private property, but it sure feels nice.

Nemo
10-06-2008, 1:15 PM
Update: I received my Simply Rugged pancake holster (with removable IWB straps) for the Sig P6 last week. It's a great piece of work, and carries the P6 very well, either on my belt or tucked into my waistband; he made mine with a slightly lower rise to fit my body.
Very nice craftsmanship, and I'd recommend Rob Leahy of Simply Rugged's work to anyone. Pics to come when I can get them taken.

pullnshoot25
10-07-2008, 8:45 AM
Update: I received my Simply Rugged pancake holster (with removable IWB straps) for the Sig P6 last week. It's a great piece of work, and carries the P6 very well, either on my belt or tucked into my waistband; he made mine with a slightly lower rise to fit my body.
Very nice craftsmanship, and I'd recommend Rob Leahy of Simply Rugged's work to anyone. Pics to come when I can get them taken.

YAY! I've been waiting for this day!