View Full Version : Purchasing lowers from out of state

09-19-2008, 8:14 AM
Its been a while since I've gotten lowers out of state. I've always purchased in bulk and am now running short. It takes a while to build 10 lowers on a college budget. lol. Anyways, have there been any new DOJ regs for this stuff? I heard I had to get permission from the DOJ--or something along those lines. I'm looking to pick up a few of the AERO .308 AR-10 lowers from CWS.

09-19-2008, 8:16 AM
what would a student need 10+ rifles for? haha
FFLs needed to reg with the state. theres some threads on it.

09-19-2008, 8:22 AM
I set up some crazy group buys and built some stuff for others to sell. lol. I only have 5 for myself.

Maybe I'm mis-interpreting your words here

"FFLs needed to reg with the state."

Aren't they already registered with the state?

09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
What he means is that if they want to do business with CA, out of state dealers need to register with the DOJ's CFLC program. Dealers in CA are given a CFLC number.

This new law doesn't apply to unliscenced individuals and is really not that big of a problem when it comes to getting lowers because so many companies are registered with CFLC such as Spike's Tactical, NodakSpud, and Anvil Arms.

09-19-2008, 1:46 PM
And don't forget EBR. Pete (aka AlohaRover) will send lowers to your local FFL.


09-20-2008, 12:02 AM
So its safe to assume CWS has such a number then? Or it will be easy to aquire if they don't?

09-20-2008, 12:04 AM
So its safe to assume CWS has such a number then? Or it will be easy to aquire if they don't?


09-20-2008, 12:09 AM
All CA FFL dealers have an assigned number. It's not them you have to worry about, it's the out of state dealers who don't want to take the 1 minute to sign up. Here's an out of State dealer running a group buy on lowers right now, and is set up with the DOJ's CFLC program.

09-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the link. I'm just wanting to pick up a few .308 lowers though. I have too many 5.56ers