PDA

View Full Version : The Wife, Burro Canyon, and an M4-Gery...

TenSeven
09-19-2008, 3:29 AM
I was finally (her work hours are brutal) able to get my wife to come with me to the Burro Canyon range today. She is Japanese so owning and using guns are a very foreign thing for her.

Her "usual" experiences in the past with guns have been shooting my Ruger 10/22 in an indoor (100ft-ish) range until today when I talked her into running a mag through my S&W MP-15T today in an outdoor setting.

Considering her interest and experience level, she is a decent shot with the 10/22. No noise, no recoil, no complaints! It's all good and tons of fun to plink with.

I wanted her to try out a powerful gun so I broke out the Rem 870 12ga with some birdshot loads. She let 1 round loose on that shotgun, and that was that... Ok, I understand... they can be a bit much at first. It was too hard on her shoulder. No problem...

We moved down to the rifle range where she again broke out the Ruger and did her thing while I popped off a few rounds thru the M4. She was not too thrilled with the BANG! that the XM193 ammo caused and thought there was a ton of recoil.

After a little encouragement, I able to get her behind the M4 and show her how the ACOG and Docter sights work.

She said she would only shoot 2 shots with this gun...

After the 2 shots are downrange and learning a little about the gun, she turns to me and asks: "is that all I get to shoot with this gun?"

Ahhhh...Hahahahahahahahaha... Excellent!

No sweat, HoneyBunch, here is another mag (I used a tool to drop the current mag and showing how to insert another 10-rounder), have FUN!

She popped off those 10 rounds and was a darn fine shot. No problem with the "recoil" (as there is very very little in the M4). I'm so proud of her!

Too bad we ran out of time and the range was closing or I'd have her wanting her own M4-type.

There is nothing to fear from a "Rambo" gun (her quote), Go Girls Go!

wildcard
09-19-2008, 9:03 AM
I here ya.. my girl loves HER AR. If your girl is anything like mine.. she'll love reactive targets. Bring out some clays, fruits, and veggies next time. She'll be hooked!

AaronHorrocks
09-19-2008, 9:58 AM
My girlfriend didn't like shooting many of my rifles, but she did like my SKS. :)

She didn't see much of a point to owning any guns herself. I couldn't convince her to buy anything... That was until one of her neighbors had a home invasion. Now she owns her own SKS!

cseabass
09-19-2008, 10:07 AM
sounds like your wife had a blast(no pun intended)

lol, Aaron no way! we need to go shooting sometime... ive got some new toys :devil2:

im taking my mom shooting for the first time today... liberal hippy type and she only wants to shoot the black rifles! woohoo! maybe wes gots a convert! uh-hyuk.

69Mach1
09-19-2008, 10:55 AM
That's great, but there goes your ammo. : )

AaronHorrocks
09-19-2008, 1:04 PM
Dammit seabass, I tried to track you down but you're on vacation? Who the hell let you off of work!? :rolleyes: LOL

I'd like to organize another WWII Rifle shoot here soon. Maybe October? :D

shellyzsweet
09-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Dammit seabass, I tried to track you down but you're on vacation? Who the hell let you off of work!? :rolleyes: LOL

I'd like to organize another WWII Rifle shoot here soon. Maybe October? :D

I got a russian M44 and m91 that were kinda ww2 ish....and I live in livermore....so I'm down!

cseabass
09-20-2008, 12:00 PM
ill bring out the garand. and possibly a k98. just make it a sunday plz.

i need to slow down on buyin guns though... this weeks haul killed me.

AaronHorrocks
09-23-2008, 2:58 PM
I got a russian M44 and m91 that were kinda ww2 ish....and I live in livermore....so I'm down!

Both the M1891 and M44 were used extensively in WWII by the Russians.

C-bass, usually Saturday is better for the Airsoft Reenactors Group, but I'll see what I can do!

cseabass
09-29-2008, 11:13 AM
gotta work saturdays:/

shoupdawg
09-29-2008, 2:34 PM
The gf and I are going to Burro Canyon on the 18th to take an intro to handguns course. We're shooting 250 rounds each (9mm sig for her and .45 acp sig for me) so she's shooting no matter what!