View Full Version : Liberty Optics OPEN again

09-18-2008, 11:21 PM

The decision has been made to shut down for a few days and get the horse in front of the cart again. "Shut down" means no email response, no phone calls, no forum posts, no PMs.

Your support and business has kept me hopping and I sincerely appreciate it and want to thank you. Our future is bright with your loyal support.

However, there have been some nagging issues that have festered and I feel must be addressed once and for all.

1) The website. It must get finished and all the little bugs that have created on again-off again issues with those who try to browse and shop on the site must be corrected. Ever since we installed the Thawte SSL cert it has been nothing but trouble. I realize it may be a product of the web program we use and/or the "operator error" (I'm the operator). Whatever. I have failed to do my homework and get the site filled with all we offer and get to know how it works from homepage to checkout cart. I appreciate you visiting us on the web but if I can't make it an enjoyable and hassle free experience then I'm not helping you or the business out. Enough excuses, I need to get the job done!

2) Inventory - While we are still small potatoes compared with the big boys we rub shoulders with here on the forums, the fact remains we have the largest inventory in our history and I'm not on top of it. I need a system, and I need to install it. We have boxes of rings, caps, bases, trade-ins, layaways, spare parts, demos, a few optical items stashed away who knows where and I need to account for it, see where we are overstocked or need to have a sale, what we need to buy, what sells and what doesn't, and get more efficient. We ordered $800 worth of BC flip-up caps and they arrived in one big box. You should see how much time I waste digging through the box to find that "one set" for a scope. It's ridiculous. My shop needs an overhaul, ASAP.

3) The Blog - While this is the lowest priority, I have had a lot of positive feedback and the number of visitors has quintupled on average in the last month. I have three articles ready to be posted and haven't had the time. I had a manufacturer send me a product for testing and they have waited patiently for feedback. You guys come first, but these reps who send me stuff to evaluate can at least be given the courtesy of feedback.

Please note that any backorders, pending orders, auctions, or any other active customer issue will not be affected. I know who you are and you will be taken care of. I'll get your stuff shipped out as it arrives and if you really need to reach me then call 406-890-2714 leave a msg.

I appreciate your understanding and realize this might inconvenience some, but this is definitely a case of short term pain for long term gain. We'll come back better than ever on Friday September 26 and be ready to serve at the highest level we've ever achieved, just in time for the most active shooting season of the year!!

Take care,

09-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Not a problem Scott. I can't wait to see the new and improved Liberty Optics come back so I can order some more stuff :)

09-21-2008, 7:05 PM
Not a problem Scott. I can't wait to see the new and improved Liberty Optics come back so I can order some more stuff :)

Thanks brother. Edited post for date correction.

09-28-2008, 9:50 PM
Back and better than ever!

Thanks guys.

09-29-2008, 6:50 AM
Welcome back!