View Full Version : Far Nor-Cal BLM areas to open soon

Gator Monroe
09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
BLM shooting Areas to Open at end of month in Shasta, Trinity, Tehama, Siskiyou, & other nearby counties after being closed most of summer due to Fires (This includes the Improved Iron Mountain Road shooting area west of Redding ) :)

09-18-2008, 12:40 PM
dude, you couldn't shoot for the entire summer?

Gator Monroe
09-18-2008, 1:03 PM
Went to Redding Gun Club (4 Times) and Lewiston Gun club (once) and Iron Mountain road area many times before closure ... but still this summer was a bummer for Boating & shooting

09-18-2008, 4:16 PM
sorry to hear about that gator. I live out in humboldt county (arcata) but know the affected fire areas well. Sorry my fellow firefighters cant do a better job to quell the fires in the north for you. I was out of state this season and didnt help much either haha. Good luck finding a non smokey place that is open.

09-18-2008, 9:57 PM
Man we tore it up, out at Ruth this summer. Me and a buddy got are ARs G2G and had some fun.

09-19-2008, 12:10 PM
deadred, that sounds like a good time. The ruth area is awsome...i worked out at the mad river ranger station on the handcrew in 2007, i know the area well, lots of good places to shoot out there.