PDA

View Full Version : Stag Arms Stripped Lower Receiver

CD.
09-18-2008, 11:31 AM
If you or I were to purchase a stripped lower receiver it would be registered as a firearm or a part?

If uncle sam decided to take our guns would that be something they would also ask for??

Sam1
09-18-2008, 11:35 AM
it's considered a firearm, so they'll probably take it lol :hide:

Hopi
09-18-2008, 11:36 AM
If you or I were to purchase a stripped lower receiver it would be registered as a firearm or a part?

If uncle sam decided to take our guns would that be something they would also ask for??

The receiver is considered the 'firearm' and is subject to regulation.

Oh, btw, I don't think that they would ask for your guns if they wanted them...

RobG
09-18-2008, 11:51 AM
it's considered a firearm, so they'll probably take it lol :hide:

In... TWO WEEKS!:TFH:

Paratus et Vigilans
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
They aren't registered, they're DROSed with the State as a long gun, and the only long term record of your purchase of that long arm is in the records of the FFL who does the DROS. The State's record of the DROS is not retained.

If Uncle Sam wants to dispossess you of your guns, it will be by going to the address on the federal form with all the "Are you a convicted felon?" questions, which also is not a registration.

jacques
09-18-2008, 1:12 PM
The answers to your questions are yes.

However, if Uncle Sam was going to take it away, well, we are in a lot more trouble than worrying about how you lost it at the lake in that boating accident.

aplinker
09-20-2008, 12:11 PM
lol

What are we worrying about now?

These paranoia posts are getting tiring.

nobs11
09-20-2008, 12:33 PM
lol

What are we worrying about now?

These paranoia posts are getting tiring.

It's okay. Just repeat the usual stuff.

New AR owners, same questions. Better to have more people on board.

The lower is registered as a long gun. If/when "uncle sam" might come to take away your guns is speculation. If "they" want to come and get your guns, they have all the information they need. Every legal firearm needs to have a 4473 associated with it.