PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster

X-NewYawker
09-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I've been looking at their site and Bushmaster has a great selection of uppers from CQB to long range varminters and most are in the $600-760 range -- anyone in the club have Bushmaster uppers? (these are the metal uppers, not the carbon 15 ones)

I know Bushie, Remington and DPMS are all the same company now, basically.

09-17-2008, 11:57 PM
I have a Bushmaster upper (16"). What do you want to know about it? There isn't a whole lot of difference between my Bushmaster and Colt. It seems to shoot alright and has held up for the last 11 years.

69Mach1
09-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Wait until they go on sale this Christmas.

FlyingPen
09-18-2008, 7:06 AM
Why would you get a Bushmaster over a BCM, Colt, or LMT upper?

I believe G&R finally has some BCM uppers in stock.

X-NewYawker
09-18-2008, 7:39 AM
Why would you get a Bushmaster over a BCM, Colt, or LMT upper?

I believe G&R finally has some BCM uppers in stock.

That's why I asked -- seems like these uppers are HALF the price of an LMT for example and wanted to know it they were "half" as good quality, etc.,

FlyingPen
09-18-2008, 8:11 AM
No but considering how much it costs to shoot, I don't see the point of getting anything really cheap as cost delta of the gun vs a Colt or BCM is a fixed cost that is almost trivial.

Life is too short to shoot mediocre guns. I wouldn't waste my time!

OTOH, it'll probably shoot ok and they have good customer service.

-hanko
09-18-2008, 9:30 AM
Wait until they go on sale this Christmas.
Isn't Armalite the Christmas sale and B'master the April/tax-time sale??

-hanko

thomasanelson
09-18-2008, 3:47 PM
I have a BM 20in 1/7 upper on my RRA lower. Love it.

odysseus
09-18-2008, 3:53 PM
Where are people looking at LMT uppers and prices?

studiojon
09-18-2008, 4:37 PM
I just picked up a 14.5 Bushy flat top with perm vortex hider and M4 HG with an upgraded M16 BCG for around 557 give or take a few bucks from PK firearms.. it should arrive in a few days.. I have a RRA upper that I like alot .. I dont think you can go wrong with BM, RRA and LMT I had A stag upper that came lose after 300 rnds so I got a lemon there and sold it off... from my reasearch LMT use machine gun (M249) barrels on there uppers for added strength not 100% sure on that could be FUD.. but Bushmaster has been in the game a long time thats what sold me on it.

if you order thru PK call them you should get a cheaper price than there web..

:43:

Solidsnake87
09-18-2008, 7:49 PM
I roll 2 bushy builds. My F-Class rifle uses their Stainless varmint special upper. I can get .5 MOA with any hand load quite easily out of that one.

aplinker
09-20-2008, 12:22 PM
It depends on what we're talking about. LMT only makes carbines and the MRP. Your MRP cost 2X, but a regular carbine is only about $100 more.

If you're comparing carbines, LMT is much, much better than Bushmaster. LMT does almost all of the QC and tweaks package that Colt does. Bushmaster skips most of it. I wouldn't trust Bushy for a fighting carbine.

Rifles? You can't get a LMT unless it's an MRP, so it's a totally different beast and no comparison. The bulk of that cost is for the upgraded receiver/rail and the quick change barrels. Not to mention LMT makes excellent barrels.

I roll 2 bushy builds. My F-Class rifle uses their Stainless varmint special upper. I can get .5 MOA with any hand load quite easily out of that one.

Their rifles and parts are pretty good. I wouldn't have an issue with a Varmint from them

robairto
10-30-2008, 9:29 PM
I've been looking at their site and Bushmaster has a great selection of uppers from CQB to long range varminters and most are in the $600-760 range -- anyone in the club have Bushmaster uppers? (these are the metal uppers, not the carbon 15 ones)

I know Bushie, Remington and DPMS are all the same company now, basically.

I own 4 complete uppers/ 3 lowers all 100% Bushy. They all rock!!
M4 carbon 15 upper
16" heavy barrel upper
dissipator upper
predator upper

No issues on them but I'm pretty easy on my equipment.

X-NewYawker
10-30-2008, 9:42 PM
It depends on what we're talking about. LMT only makes carbines and the MRP. Your MRP cost 2X, but a regular carbine is only about $100 more.

If you're comparing carbines, LMT is much, much better than Bushmaster. LMT does almost all of the QC and tweaks package that Colt does. Bushmaster skips most of it. I wouldn't trust Bushy for a fighting carbine.

Rifles? You can't get a LMT unless it's an MRP, so it's a totally different beast and no comparison. The bulk of that cost is for the upgraded receiver/rail and the quick change barrels. Not to mention LMT makes excellent barrels.

Their rifles and parts are pretty good. I wouldn't have an issue with a Varmint from them

LMT does ALL the Mil-spec tests that Colt does. (they even make the M209 that Colt sells as a "Colt" -- BTW is that legal to own as a stand alone) They have Military contracts. That is why the carbine barrels are exactly the same ones they sell to the military.

I didn't know much about Lewis Machine and tool when I started to get into ARs but I am VERY happy to have several. I'll be sighting them in at Angeles in the am.

aplinker
10-31-2008, 7:42 AM
LMT does ALL the Mil-spec tests that Colt does. (they even make the M209 that Colt sells as a "Colt" -- BTW is that legal to own as a stand alone) They have Military contracts. That is why the carbine barrels are exactly the same ones they sell to the military.

I didn't know much about Lewis Machine and tool when I started to get into ARs but I am VERY happy to have several. I'll be sighting them in at Angeles in the am.

LMT is great for a reason. I'm glad you're seeing why.

It's a shame they only make carbine gassed uppers outside the MRP.