PDA

View Full Version : Tabors in San Bruno got burglarized.

WokMaster1
09-17-2008, 8:41 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/17/BAVV12VNM2.DTL&type=newsbayarea

Reward offered for tips in San Bruno gun thefts
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(09-17) 07:23 PDT SAN BRUNO -- Federal officials are offering a $10,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible in the theft of more than two dozen weapons from a San Bruno gun shop.

The theft happened at about 4:45 a.m. on Sept. 2 at Tabor's Shooters Supply at 471 El Camino Real, according to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

ATF agents and San Bruno police determined that 27 guns were stolen after someone broke through the front door and windows of the business, authorities said.

San Bruno police responded to an alarm at the gun shop but the thief or thieves had already fled.

"Stolen firearms pose an enormous threat to the community and law enforcement," Michael Gleysteen, acting special agent in charge of the ATF in San Francisco, said in a statement. "We ask that the public help us to disrupt this path by reporting any information that will lead us to the recovery of these weapons."

The ATF investigates all thefts from federally licensed firearms dealers, as was the case when guns were stolen from shops in a spate of incidents in Corte Madera, Fremont, Livermore, Merced and Turlock in 2004 and 2005.

Anyone with information about the break-in or the stolen firearms is asked to contact the ATF at (800) ATF-GUNS or San Bruno police at (650) 616-7100.

E-mail Henry K. Lee at hlee@sfchronicle.com.

stphnman20
09-17-2008, 8:43 AM
Holy Smokes!

Saigon1965
09-17-2008, 8:46 AM
Wonder how long was the response time from when the alarm co. notified -

mecam
09-17-2008, 8:47 AM
Don't they keep the guns in a safe when the shop is closed?

Ding126
09-17-2008, 8:50 AM
Ironic how the PD is only half a block away. So much for reasonable response time. Frank's been there for 20+ yrs and is the last one in that town. I hope the catch the SOB's

packnrat
09-17-2008, 9:16 AM
cop shop is only a block or so away...but the hang out is a bit farther away.

no employee wants to hang out were the boss can see you.:eek:

as a truck driver we have gps instaled in the trucks...how about having said instaled in cop cars??

Saigon1965
09-17-2008, 9:18 AM
I know a lot of shops don't - They just simply don't have enough safe space for everything.

Don't they keep the guns in a safe when the shop is closed?

Saigon1965
09-17-2008, 9:19 AM
Didn't know that - This will be interesting then.

Ironic how the PD is only half a block away. So much for reasonable response time. Frank's been there for 20+ yrs and is the last one in that town. I hope the catch the SOB's

jchen76@gmail.com
09-17-2008, 9:21 AM
Most likely it's the rifles/shotguns that were stolen, I think the handguns tend to go into a safe at night.

Dirtbiker
09-17-2008, 9:23 AM
I wonder if they are worth more to them as a complete illegal rifle or if they break them down and sell them as parts?

Guntech
09-17-2008, 9:25 AM
That sucks, even the local PD here caught some guys burglarizing the gun store a while back. San Bruno PD:mad:

56Chevy
09-17-2008, 9:35 AM
I was there last week and I heard him talking about it to somebody on the phone. It looked like they were out of a lot of ammo, but maybe they stole ammo too. It also seemed that quite a few guns were missing.

rivviepop
09-17-2008, 10:50 AM
I was in a couple days after it happened and Frank definitely did not want to talk about it at that time. Besides the horror of guns ending up in the hands of bad guys, it's a hit to his bottom line - it's not like the guy makes money hand over fist.

Gunaria
09-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Hopefully he has some insurance that could cover some of the loss.

bwiese
09-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Damn, and about 2yrs ago a truck drove thru his front window (guess guy fell asleep).

SBPD station is just down the street, but Rolling Pin Donuts is around 6+ blocks away on San Bruno Ave.

GaryPowersLives
09-17-2008, 12:10 PM
as a truck driver we have gps instaled in the trucks...how about having said instaled in cop cars??

Some do! :rolleyes:

SVT-40
09-17-2008, 2:26 PM
Usually the response times to alarm at gun shops is extremely quick. The problem is the cuing time between the trip of the alarm and the time dispatch puts out the call.

Remember the alarm has to be tripped, then the dialer in the alarm box has to dial the number for the alarm company usually around 30 seconds.

Then the alarm company ( which may be in another country or state has to look up the alarm in their records (computerized or paper records) . The alarm company sometimes then calls the responsible party for the alarm to see if there is a need for a response. Then the alarm company calls the Police station where the alarm is located.

These cuing times can be as long as 5 minutes. So it's foolish to blame the Police due to these delays as they are inherent in all alarms.

gcvt
09-17-2008, 3:36 PM
With the amount of handguns they keep in stock, they'd have to have a lot of safe space to put them all away at night.

Sucks to hear about this :(