PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870 Police Magnum...Where to buy in So Cal?

localguy
09-16-2008, 3:02 PM
Does anyone know of a shop in the Los Angeles area where I can order a brand new Remington 870 Police Magnum?

Guntech
09-16-2008, 3:05 PM
Anyone who is a Remington dealer. A lot of gunshops are, you could probably find out on Remingtons website

Here:
http://remington-locator.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/remington_locator.cfg/php/loc/enduser/loc.php

localguy
09-16-2008, 3:07 PM
Thanks for the quick answer. That brought up another question I'm curious about-- Since it is the Police version, are dealers going to sell one to civvies?

stphnman20
09-16-2008, 3:09 PM
Check Big 5.. Everytime I go they have them in sock..

elSquid
09-16-2008, 3:21 PM
Thanks for the quick answer. That brought up another question I'm curious about-- Since it is the Police version, are dealers going to sell one to civvies?

Yup. There is no reason not to; it's just an 870 that has better parts and has gone through a higher standard of quality control.

The trouble usually is just finding a Police model in stock.

I've been tempted to call up these folks:

http://www.capoliceequip.com/

But I haven't yet. If you do, I'd be interested in how the transaction goes.

-- Michael

bigmike82
09-16-2008, 3:41 PM
Check with Martin B. Retting. They could probobly do it.

Sumo99
09-16-2008, 3:46 PM
Does it have to be new? Last time I was at Martin B. Rettings (About 2 weeks ago) they had a used 870PD for sale. It was on the racks on the floor, not behind the counter.

localguy
09-16-2008, 3:48 PM
Check with Martin B. Retting. They could probobly do it.

I just think I might. They tend to be a little more expensive than everyone else though.

Does it have to be new? Last time I was at Martin B. Rettings (About 2 weeks ago) they had a used 870PD for sale. It was on the racks on the floor, not behind the counter.

Really? I go in there about once a week looking for these and I haven't found one yet. Hmm, gotta look more closely I guess. :D

CHS
09-16-2008, 3:58 PM
Does anyone know of a shop in the Los Angeles area where I can order a brand new Remington 870 Police Magnum?

The Stockade in Westminster (Orange County, but not toooo far from Culver City) carries what appears to be the entire Remington line of shotguns. They have EVERYTHING.

If they don't already have the Police Magnum, they'll get it for you.

Last time I was there they even had the 870 "cruiser" version. No buttstock, just front and rear pistol grips. Had about 5 of them in stock.

Seriously, half that shops shotgun wall is Remington.

Greg-Dawg
09-16-2008, 5:30 PM
Police Magnums are nice! Good luck on your search.

You may have to get it special ordered. Keep us posted.

sthornwall
09-16-2008, 5:46 PM
Check Big 5.. Everytime I go they have them in sock..

+1 on Big 5, I see them in stock at the San Diego Mira Mesa location all the time. I am sure you can find them in LA as well.

localguy
09-16-2008, 5:47 PM
+1 on Big 5, I see them in stock at the San Diego Mira Mesa location all the time. I am sure you can find them in LA as well.

The one with at least rifle sights, if not ghost ring sights? :)

sthornwall
09-16-2008, 5:58 PM
The one with at least rifle sights, if not ghost ring sights? :)

Ghost ring sites, also there was an 870P MAX in stock as well with all the bells and wistles already attached if your looking to grab and go without having to build it on your own. Check around the local gun shops in you area also. You'll be surprised at the deals you can get because they are privately owned vs the 5. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new scatter gun soon.:cool:

rorschach
09-16-2008, 6:09 PM
I bought mine about 10 years ago at Code 3 Police Supply, which used to be across from the LA County Jail. I don't know if they're in business anymore.

I know Turners and Bain & Davis can special order them.

localguy
09-16-2008, 6:10 PM
Speaking of the 870P MAX, do they sell the standard speedfeed stock thats on the other police models? I've held the standard 870's before and don't like the pistol grip.

Tactical Support
09-16-2008, 7:57 PM
I believe the Police models are only sold thru the LE dealers. Go to Remington's LE website and find a dealer.

AJD
09-16-2008, 8:22 PM

That's more than likely the 870 Express you're seeing at Big 5. He's looking for the 870 Police model.

Bongos
09-16-2008, 9:19 PM
Ade's has one in stock,, call him

sthornwall
09-17-2008, 7:55 AM
That's more than likely the 870 Express you're seeing at Big 5. He's looking for the 870 Police model.

No 870P. I've held them in my hands there, I know the difference and I own an express 870.:rolleyes:

Sumo99
09-17-2008, 8:48 AM
Really? I go in there about once a week looking for these and I haven't found one yet. Hmm, gotta look more closely I guess. :D

It was in the last rack towards the back wall.
They also had an 11-87PD with rifle sights.

ivorykid
09-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I saw one in Ade's a week or two ago. It was the standard 870P with a speedfeed stock and bead sight, sitting in the last rack at the back of his shop.

Ade can order one for you, too. I ordered one from him about 6 months ago, and it came in very fast. In fact, we started the paperwork as soon as he ordered it. By the time my 10 days were up, the 870P was ready to pick up! Can't beat that. And it was a good price, too.

localguy
09-18-2008, 4:31 PM
Well, I'm going to go into Retting sometime tomorrow, hopefully I see something I like...

Moonclip
09-19-2008, 5:24 AM
I think Sharpshooters range in Torrance has them sometimes. Call and ask.

Aldemar
09-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Bought mine at the Firing Line in Northridge. They ordered it on a Friday and they had it the next Tuesday. Since the 10 day wait is longer than the time it takes to receive it, the fact that it was not in stock had no effect on pick-up date.

Got the one with the Ghost Ring Sites (model #4449). Added a Choate 2 round extension. Strange thing; I called Remington to to ask about pricing on their 2 round extension and was told they would not sell me one because I am not LE.

Can't wait for Saturday!!

localguy
09-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Retting had none available, and seemed to only be able to get them in configurations that I DIDN'T want. I think I'll talk to Ade's soon.

Moonclip
09-19-2008, 4:50 PM
Did you try my suggestion, probably closer and less headaches for you to do so.

dfens
09-19-2008, 5:49 PM
Wow why doesn't Big 5 up North sale the police model? All they ever have as far as guns go are the bargain shot guns and old C&R riffles. Stuff I would only rely on if their was a zombie invasion.

If I could get a police model their I go right down the street and buy one right now. What does a regular model run? I looked at the Police Max but at that price I'll get a Benelli M4.