View Full Version : Different Cal. Uppers

09-16-2008, 1:22 AM
After reading I have been looking at either a .50 Beowulf of the 6.5 Grendal. and what i want to know is what is everyones opinion of the comparsion on both and why you would pic one over the other? To me I am honestly leaning more towards the Beowulf but would like to hear everyones Else's opionion

09-16-2008, 1:33 AM
I personally would also be more interested in the Beowulf, just the size and power of the cartidge is what is so interesting.

The 6.5 is essentially that "somewhere in between" of a .223 and a .308. Honestly, most guns outshoot me as it is so I personally have zero need for a 6.5.

09-16-2008, 1:37 AM
what's the intended purpose of the rifle?

09-16-2008, 8:30 AM
it'll be harder to find a beowulf, while the grendel are usually instock at stores. like everyone said, what are you going to use it for? the beowulf has a range of 200 yards while the grendel can hit 1k+ yards away. i will eventually get a grendel down the future, but not now since i dont want have the funds to pay for a 1k scope.

09-16-2008, 8:40 AM
Those are two different tools for very different jobs.

The .50 Beowulf is a short range, hard hitting round.

The 6.5 Grendel is meant to give the AR15 platform some serious long range ability (1000 yards).

Which one people choose is based on what they want or need to do.

09-16-2008, 9:10 AM
It is like others have stated. They are two entirely different rounds. The beowulf is a short range hard hitting round, while the grendel is more of a long range round. So I guess it comes down to what you want to do with it.