View Full Version : CAN IT BE DONE?

09-15-2008, 8:18 PM
Good day People. :)

Years ago, my Father purchased a/an AK-47 rifle (pre-ban)...when it was required to register it..he did!

Can he transfer it legaly to me, or is it required he turn it in. :(
He does'nt want to hastle with " OUT OF STATE SALE".

What say you!

Thanks in advance... :)


09-15-2008, 8:20 PM
not in california

09-15-2008, 8:22 PM
he cant transfer it to you,since it a reg`d aw in ca.the only thing you can do with it is if he doesnt want to sell it out of state is use it for parts and he can keep the receiver.

09-15-2008, 8:22 PM
It depends... is it on the Kasler list by make/model?

If it is, then there's no way to transfer the complete rifle, as the receiver itself is forbidden.

If it's not, he could remove all evil features and de-register it. You could never have it or use it in an illegal configuration.

check here (http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf) for all needed info to determine if it's listed and what constitutes "features."

09-15-2008, 8:27 PM
Thanks... I'll check the list!