PDA

View Full Version : Need help removing a bullet button in Sac

deleted by PC police
09-14-2008, 4:55 PM
I am moving out of state and am giving my bullet button to another calgunner for a donation to the calguns foundation but I can't get the damned thing off. Could anyone assist me with this??

Guntech
09-14-2008, 5:01 PM
Channels locks or pliers, if you had to force it in it is a ***** to get out. I used channel locks on mine and scarred it up but it still is useable.

deleted by PC police
09-14-2008, 5:04 PM
I can't get to the nut that holds it in. I used a thin awl to tighten it up but I can't get it to break free with it. There's no way I'm getting channel locks in that hole.

jksupplyco
09-14-2008, 5:21 PM
I modified a screwdriver bit to fit.. You might want to try that.. Cut a "channel" into the middle on the biggest flathead bit that will fit into the hole.. You just need enough material in the bit to make contact with the nut...

rod
09-14-2008, 5:26 PM
Try pushing the button in and holding it with a small screwdriver. Turn the actual magazine catch (the long piece on the left side of the receiver) and see if it will loosen that way. To get the black piece out, I had to tap mine out with a punch once I got the silver piece and spring out.

Guntech
09-14-2008, 5:27 PM
Oh you mean the nut is stuck. You dont have a jewelers set of screwdrivers? Thats what I use for the nuts. My leatherman works too.

deleted by PC police
09-14-2008, 5:32 PM
Thanks Ryan, I will try that, if not i'm affraid I may have to drill it. I have tried the awl an allen wrench and a Jewlers screw driver. I can't get it to budge with either of them.

Try pushing the button in and holding it with a small screwdriver. Turn the actual magazine catch (the long piece on the left side of the receiver) and see if it will loosen that way. To get the black piece out, I had to tap mine out with a punch once I got the silver piece and spring out.

Can't get it out far enough for that.

Turbinator
09-14-2008, 5:36 PM
Stick, are you the same guy who posts pics over on AR15.com?

Turby

deleted by PC police
09-14-2008, 5:39 PM
Stick, are you the same guy who posts pics over on AR15.com?

Turby

Sorry, Not me.

joelogic
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
I like the slotted screwdriver idea. I use a micro screw driver or micro pliers.

RP1911
09-14-2008, 10:50 PM

What he said.

I installed a BB on a lower and it is a tight fit. The only way it is going to come out is by using a punch from the back side. If you need help, I can assist.

ETA: You may not be pushing the pin back far enough to manipulate (rotate) the long piece.

Bushido-sig
09-15-2008, 1:17 AM
Thinly tapered curved hemostats work perfectly to get the BB off.

http://www.tedpella.com/dissect_html/53096.htm

Mine looks like product # 53073, curved version. I can't vouch for the site but for $3.82 it's a risk that won't break the bank.