PDA

View Full Version : another hi cap mag question

eagleboard
09-14-2008, 3:27 PM
:confused: i know u guys are probably getting tired of this , me too.i just want to stay legal.i did a search and im still unclear.i own a preban colt ar15 that is registered.i recently bought mag rebuild kits from 44 mag.com and shipment was prompt.the bodies are DATE stamped though.i wanted to rebuild the 7 hi caps i already owned before the ban.is there a problem here considering one of the rebuild kits is a pmag body that i did not have before.i heard of others here flatening there old ones and rebuilding new.please clairify .thank you for your patience

bohoki
09-14-2008, 3:31 PM
depending on the law enforcement officer there could always be trouble

but if you explain the situation on how you are not breaking the law you just used these parts to repair your pre existing large capacity magazines that is all you can do

Guntech
09-14-2008, 4:22 PM
Doesn't matter if they are date stamped possession in itself is not illegal. Only importing, manufacturing, and selling are illegal. And even if some confused LEO did arrest you which is unlikely since you have the AW to go with them, you couldn't be convicted of anything because it is not in the penal code.

Sniper3142
09-14-2008, 4:26 PM
You are fine to do what you describe from a Legal standpoint.

You can repair or replace any and all components of a legally owned hicap magazine. There is NO requirement to keep the old parts or any receipts.

You can always run into an idiot LE who doesn't know the law. That is part of living in California in particular and the U.S. in general.

One Shot, One Dropped
09-14-2008, 5:06 PM
Man, we need to have one thread stickied that's titled "HICAP MAGAZINE QUESTIONS"...

CHS
09-14-2008, 9:19 PM
Man, we need to have one thread stickied that's titled "HICAP MAGAZINE QUESTIONS"...

+1000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!

tyrist
09-14-2008, 9:31 PM
The hi-cap mag issue is weird...when I buy them from a permitted vendor they always have to fill out paper work before selling them to me.....I always wondered what they do with the paper work.

technique
09-14-2008, 9:34 PM
The hi-cap mag issue is weird...when I buy them from a permitted vendor they always have to fill out paper work before selling them to me.....I always wondered what they do with the paper work.

When they order mags, it's recorded. A proof of license is required. When and if a audit is to take place, and the mags are gone, its proof they went to an eligible party:)

tyrist
09-14-2008, 10:07 PM
When they order mags, it's recorded. A proof of license is required. When and if a audit is to take place, and the mags are gone, its proof they went to an eligible party:)

Makes sense I guess except I also do believe I am exempt from the importation ban anyway...so I could just walk over the border with thousands of hi cap mags nobody would know about.

technique
09-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Makes sense I guess except I also do believe I am exempt from the importation ban anyway...so I could just walk over the border with thousands of hi cap mags nobody would know about.

Correct. And so could the FFL. But you have to prove you are L.E. when buying them and that just coves the FFl's behind.

Say I ordered 50 P-mags with my permit and had them shipped to CA. Theres an invoice for that and Just to CMA I would like a record showing I sold them to L.E. or converted them to 10/20's 10/30's so on and so forth.

Or I could skip the invoice too, and get them at the Reno show. It's just a CYA thing really.