PDA

View Full Version : Buffer Tube Question

slickman
09-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

I need some expertise help on a question I had regarding the buffer tube. I want to replace the stock on my current collapsible stock with a Magpul one but use the existing buffer tube. The problem I'm facing is it says its an A2 buffer tube on the box (cheap UTG stock). For the life of me, I cannot find the diameter of this tube. So my question is does anyone know which stock, mil-spec or commercial Magpul stock, would be the correct size for an A2 buffer tube.

Thanks all!

Lateralus
09-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi all,

I need some expertise help on a question I had regarding the buffer tube. I want to replace the stock on my current collapsible stock with a Magpul one but use the existing buffer tube. The problem I'm facing is it says its an A2 buffer tube on the box (cheap UTG stock). For the life of me, I cannot find the diameter of this tube. So my question is does anyone know which stock, mil-spec or commercial Magpul stock, would be the correct size for an A2 buffer tube.

Thanks all!

Buffer Tubes come in 2 sizes: carbine and rifle. If you had a true A2 stock then you have the rifle length. This will fit a magpul PRS stock. The other magpul stock, the CTR, uses the carbine length. The UBR, from what ive heard, doesnt need a buffer tube.

Heavy_Grinder
09-14-2008, 12:51 PM
What Magpul stock do you want???

If you want the CTR then you would have to get the CTR-C since you have that UTG stock with the commercial tube already. If you want the CTR-mil spec then you would have to buy a seperate mil-spec tube, (or just buy the whole kit and replace your UTG all together)

slickman
09-14-2008, 1:27 PM
What Magpul stock do you want???

If you want the CTR then you would have to get the CTR-C since you have that UTG stock with the commercial tube already. If you want the CTR-mil spec then you would have to buy a seperate mil-spec tube, (or just buy the whole kit and replace your UTG all together)

Thank you all for the info, this helps me out greatly. From what you are saying the UTG stock and buffer tube is commercial sized. I'm looking at either the CTR or MOE. Thanks again!

ar15barrels
09-14-2008, 8:17 PM
http://ar15barrels.com/tech/stocks.jpg