PDA

View Full Version : Condor Outback

ucdusc
09-14-2008, 1:08 AM
I saw the Condor Outback O/U 20" barrel at Bass Pro.

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these or own one and can tell me their experience?

Thank you.

scr83jp
09-14-2008, 8:23 AM
I saw the Condor Outback O/U 20" barrel at Bass Pro.

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these or own one and can tell me their experience?

Thank you.Do a google search there's lots of information on that shotgun and it will answer your question

Moonclip
09-14-2008, 4:37 PM
I so want one of these. Interesting concept. Martin Rettings had them. How much does Bass want?

ucdusc
09-15-2008, 8:43 PM
I believe it was $329.99, how much was it at Martin Rettings?

CHS
09-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't quite understand the point to one of these guns. The over/under is designed for trap and skeet primarily. For this you want a longer 28-32" barrel.

If you're going with such short barrels, why not just go with an 18" pump" You'll certainly get more than two rounds.

It's kinda neat, because you don't ever see a short O/U, but beyond the neat factor I don't see a real good use for this at all.

ucdusc
09-15-2008, 11:18 PM
MBDSMCHS - would you say an O/U is better than a Semi? and why?

Moonclip
09-16-2008, 1:13 AM
I believe it was $329.99, how much was it at Martin Rettings?

About the same I think,I rarely go there and don't remember. I like the fact it seems compact and handy,reliable, has interchangeable choke tubes I think, and rudimentary rifle sights.

CHS
09-16-2008, 10:13 AM
MBDSMCHS - would you say an O/U is better than a Semi? and why?

What do you mean? Better for what? Trap/Skeet?

Yeah, actually I would. Pumps and semi's, because of their inherent design have a really "long" receiver. It changes the fit and feel of the gun. An O/U has a receiver about 3" long. O/U's are much shorter, for the same barrel length, so they swing and "point" easier.

Outside of trap/skeet and some bird hunting though, I don't think an O/U has any advantage. Keep in mind, with an O/U you only have two rounds :)

"Better" is very subjective. I think O/U's are "better" suited to certain tasks than pumps and semis. But there are also tasks that pumps and semi's are "better" suited to.

An O/U's distinct advantage is longer barrels in a shorter package. With this condor outback, you no longer have that advantage because you're running 20" barrels. If the plan is versatility, then a shorter barreled pump or semi is way better than the outback.

SVRider
09-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't quite understand the point to one of these guns. The over/under is designed for trap and skeet primarily. For this you want a longer 28-32" barrel.

If you're going with such short barrels, why not just go with an 18" pump" You'll certainly get more than two rounds.

It's kinda neat, because you don't ever see a short O/U, but beyond the neat factor I don't see a real good use for this at all.

What....you never saw "The Mechanic" with Charles Bronson??? ;)

ucdusc
09-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I was thinking Skeet and Trap, but I don't like how normal O/U are so heavy, it makes it harder for me to shoot them.

Would you think a semi would be better, like a Stoeger P2000 vs a Condor Outback? (for trap/skeet)

12gauge12
09-16-2008, 1:22 PM
Dont get the 2000. I have seen them do some weird things at the range. FTL's, FTE's, Fire out of battery, etc. If you are going to go the semi route, spend some money, it will be worth it.

Also, check out remingtons line of O/U's. I have the spr100, its a perfect little, inexpensive ($100 new) shotgun.

CHS
09-16-2008, 1:49 PM
I was thinking Skeet and Trap, but I don't like how normal O/U are so heavy, it makes it harder for me to shoot them.

Would you think a semi would be better, like a Stoeger P2000 vs a Condor Outback? (for trap/skeet)

Ok, now I see what you're asking.

Well, this gun won't be allowed at any trap/skeet ranges because of the short barrels. They're too short.

If the weight/heft is too much for you, then yeah, look into a pump or semi-auto. 870's are awesome trap/skeet guns and cost under 300$. A decent semi from Remington will cost you about 850 or so.

If you want something very lightweight, with little recoil, check out the Benelli's. But they are more pricey.

Moonclip
09-16-2008, 7:46 PM
What....you never saw "The Mechanic" with Charles Bronson??? ;)

Or the Hitman with Norris I think? IIRC Triple B will allow 20in barrels for trap.

vinny_land
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
If I remember correctly one of Arnold Swarzenager's movie "The Eraser"...the scene when the team is raiding a house, he has a O/U SBS.

ucdusc
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok, now I see what you're asking.

Well, this gun won't be allowed at any trap/skeet ranges because of the short barrels. They're too short.

If the weight/heft is too much for you, then yeah, look into a pump or semi-auto. 870's are awesome trap/skeet guns and cost under 300$. A decent semi from Remington will cost you about 850 or so.

If you want something very lightweight, with little recoil, check out the Benelli's. But they are more pricey.

What is the shortest barrel length for trap/skeet ranges/tournies?

CHS
09-17-2008, 12:41 PM
What is the shortest barrel length for trap/skeet ranges/tournies?

Depends on the range.

I've been to some where it was 24"

I thought Triple-B's was 21", but it seems as though they are 20".

ucdusc
09-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Depends on the range.

I've been to some where it was 24"

I thought Triple-B's was 21", but it seems as though they are 20".

I see... what would you say is a decent low priced semi then

Moonclip
09-19-2008, 4:47 AM
I see... what would you say is a decent low priced semi then

Probably something used. I picked up a Win 1400 in 2006 for $125, they usually go cheap and are considered the lightest kinking 12ga auto for some reason. Or an older Rem 11 maybe though they are hard to take apart.